Chocolate Fudge Brownie by September
Summary: Rogue tries to drown her sorrows in a tub of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Ice Cream
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 556 Read: 3102 Published: 04/06/2007 Updated: 04/07/2007

1. Chocolate Fudge Brownie by September

Chocolate Fudge Brownie by September
Author's Notes:
This is a new Round Robin organised via the wrbeta group. The basic theme is ice cream, and the idea is to write a short ficlet, around 500 words or so, and to be as inventive as possible *g*.
This is the first one, and yes it's quite tame (read: smut free *g*)... thought I'd start it off nicely...give the series room for...development *g*. Cassandra Lee's up next *g*
"Whatcha doin' kid?"

Rogue scooped up another spoonful of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and scowled. "Commiserating." She looked up in time to catch the smirk on Logan's face. "What? A girl can't loose herself in a tub of ice cream round here without some guy interfering? I've had a crappy day. Leave me alone."

Logan held out his hands in surrender, but far from leaving her alone, he pushed himself away from the doorway he had been leaning against, and wondered into the kitchen to sit beside her.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No."

He pulled a face and shrugged. "Fair enough."

She gave him her best evil look, hoping he'd take the hint and go away. It was Logan for Chrissakes, he was supposed to be all growly and unapproachable. Trust him to wait for the day when she really didn't feel like company for him to come over all... friendly and...and... sociable. Dammit. "Don't you have, like, a danger room simulation to mutilate or something?"

That just got her another smirk. "Nope."

"So what. You're gonna sit here and annoy me until I tell you what's wrong?"

"Yep."

"Well it won't work." She pouted, and spooned another mouthful of the ice cream. God it was delicious. It was about the only thing she had going for her today. Bobby was being a total dick. Work sucked. And she had a serious case of PMS. Life? Was cruel.

"You gonna share that?"

"Nope."

"Look kid, I-"

"It's chocolate fudge brownie for Chrissake! And do I look like I'm in a sharing mood? Do I have friendly vibes I'm not aware of coming off me? What?! Do you really think that-"

She stopped, halted mid-rant, as he whipped the spoon out of her hand, stole a mouthful, before dipping it back into the tub then smudging a big gloop of cold ice cream on the end of her nose.

There were no words.

She just stared at him and his unusually chipper mood in wide-eyed shock. "Did you just... I can't believe you did that."

He dipped the spoon in again to take another mouthful. "Teach you not to share," he said around the ice cream. "What is this stuff? It's damn good."

Rogue snatched the spoon back, but continued to stare at him as if he'd grown a second head.

"What?" he asked. As if he had a reason to sound put out.

"I have ice cream on my nose!"

At that the smirk twisted the corner of his mouth again. Then before she knew what he was doing, he swooped closer, and in one movement leaned in to lick it off, leaving her almost rigid in surprise.

"Not any more you don't," he said, sitting back with a wicked grin.

Again. Really. No words.

Logan's eyes sparkled mockingly as he raised his eyebrow at her evident shock. Then he got to his feet, pocketed his hands, and strolled out of the kitchen as if nothing out of the ordinary had taken place.

Rogue watched him go, stunned. Then a blush began to colour her cheeks, followed by something that was definitely (although she was determined not to admit it) the beginnings of a smile.

Shitty day or not, the big bad Wolverine had just licked ice cream off her.

Things were looking up.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1372