Mass Confusion by Shadowlady
Summary: Logan gives out a lecture only to find he's just as much in the dark as Bobby!
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Drabble, Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 851 Read: 2085 Published: 08/18/2007 Updated: 08/18/2007

1. Mass Confusion by Shadowlady

Mass Confusion by Shadowlady
Logan glanced up at the sudden opening of the back door and stared at the young man slipping in through the shadows. A dark, almost homicidal look crossed his face and he watched Bobby slipping through the room in silence.

“Curfew was four hours ago.”

Bobby froze at Logan’s angry words and turned to stare at the feral man eying him with barely leashed hostility. Swallowing painfully he shrugged, “Um yeah, I uh lost track of time.”

“So I smell.” Logan ground out walking across the room silently. “Was it worth it?”

“What do you mean?”

Short, harsh the bark of laughter that escaped Logan’s control drew a shudder from the younger man. “I can smell Miss Pryde all over you. Smell the stale stench of sex to and that tells me that you’ve been playing in the moonlight a bit too much.”

Bobby huffed and shifted uneasily, “So? It’s not like I can get that itch scratched with my ‘girlfriend’. She won’t even kiss me.”

“Because she could kill you!”

“She hugs you, cuddles up to you all the time. Most of the time it’s Logan this and Logan that. This after noon she went on about how you survived her touch. I’m not suicidle.”

“No? Seems to me you should think ‘bout that. Here’s a bit of advice for you. One night of cheatin’ ain’t worth the reaping. Tomorrow you’re gonna come clean with Rogue, you’re gonna tell her all bout Kitty, all about that blonde to. If you don’t, I will.”

Bobby swallowed harshly as Logan stalked out the room. Why was it that Rogue wasn’t getting the whole ‘cheating isn’t worth it’ lecture? Shaking his head he headed upstairs to shower and get a couple of hours sleep before he went to talk to Rogue. He definitely didn’t want Logan tellin’ her about his nightly habits.




Rogue glanced up at the soft chill that drifted into the room and watched Bobby hurrying across the library. From the look on his face, whatever was on his mind wasn’t a good thing and she sat back in the chair.

“Hey, Bobby, you look sick.”

“We need to talk.”

“Okay.”

Bobby plunked himself down on the nearest chair, his gaze steady on Rogue as he tried to think of how to do this. Inhaling a deep breath to come his nerves he exhaled sharply. “Rogue, I’ve been cheatin’ on you.”

“Oh?”

“Logan caught me on my way in last night and said if I didn’t come clean with you, he’d tell you about my ‘activities’.”

“I see.” Rogue frowned at Bobby’s words. “So what, you expect me to forgive you?”

“No. You can be mad at me if you like but I really think that we’ve outgrown our relationship. I can’t do this anymore, I love someone else and you’re so scared to touch me that you won’t even think about a simple touch.”

“Bobby you need to breath.”

“I can’t. Idon’t want to listen to another one of Logan’s ‘cheating’ lectures. I mean for crying out loud the man ain’t exactly monogamous…and he thinks that raggin’ on the rest of the male population makes up for…”

Rogue frowned as she glanced at the doorway where Logan stood with a dark look on his face. “Bobby, you shouldn’t talk about Logan like that.”

“What’s he gonna do? Kill me? So what? No, I’m serious. You’re so hung up on him that I can’t compete and I don’t even want to try. I cheated on you, I’m sorry, but I don’t think its fair to expect me to be faithful when the most I’m gonna get out of you is a gloved handshake.”

Blinking Rogue watched Bobby rise shakily to his feet and all but run toward the door, ducking past Logan with a paler that would have made a ghost seem tanned. Glancing at the tall man watching her she shrugged, “What was that all about?”

“He broke up with ya, darlin’. Watns a girl he can touch.”

“Why would he break up with me?” Rogue rubbed her forehead carefully before rising and walking up to Logan. “I’m not his girlfriend.”

“Uh, maybe he thought…”

Rogue stared at Logan who looked uncomfortable, a slow steady smile crossed her face and she moved closer to him…”However, I am interested in your ‘cheating’ speech. Perhaps, you could explain it to me.”

“Maybe later.” Logan drawled as Rogue walked away. “Might want to have a chat with him about the whole girlfriend boyfriend thing.”

Rogue giggled as she hurried up the stairs, “Trust me I’ll have to have that chat with you later. I’m gonna go have a nap, hope you don’t mind if I use your room.”

Shaking his head, Logan groaned as he realized that Bobby wasn’t the only clueless twit in the mansion.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1841