I like a look of Agony by RouDeVil
Summary: Logan's thoughts on Bobby's tragic passing. *giggles* Erm, sorry.
Categories: X3 Characters: None
Genres: Vignette
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Poetic Inspiration
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 400 Read: 2497 Published: 10/05/2007 Updated: 10/05/2007

1. Chapter 1 by RouDeVil

Chapter 1 by RouDeVil
Author's Notes:
My Bobby dream popped up again. Moral of the story-- I hold grudges, I guess. :S
It was a shame Bobby had to die like that. Truth be told I never actually gave him much thought till 'Ro did a head check on the plane. I guess I forgot that I was suppose to be his backup or that my communicator was still turned off. I never was good with that technology crap.

We didn't have a body for the funeral, which was alright because it meant the casket was lighter for me and Pete to carry. And, yeah, I suppose we rushed the ceremony a bit. But we had another call, what can I say, a hero's work is never done. Besides, there wasn't a body in the damn thing anyway, what's the point of pretending?

Sure, Bobby was a good kid, I guess. There's probably worse punks out there. Or was, whatever. But, as much as I hate to say it, the kid sort of got on everyone's nerves. Real howdy-doody type, you know? Kinda got that feeling that he was fake, doing what he had to get on people's good sides. Stuff like that. Not that anyone is glad he's gone or anything. It was real sad shit for a while.

Naw, everybody was more worried about Marie. Or, Rogue, whatever. They were always asking her how she's doing and if its hard living without him. I know she feels real bad when she says 'who' and they gotta remind her of his name. Guess that's partly my fault she has that reaction. But, damn, if she isn't the tightest little thing I've ever had the pleasure of sinking myself into.

Okay, yeah, if I had been there I could have kept him from suffocating to death as that mutant plant thing strangled him. And, yeah, it sucks that it ate him. But its not like it was intentional or anything, I just forgot to turn my communicator on. And what's that saying--- no use crying over spilt something?

Yeah, it sucks that he had to die like that at such a young age. But, fuck, you should hear the noises my girl makes.




I like a look of Agony, by Emily Dickinson

I like a look of Agony,
Because I know its true--
Men do not sham Convulsion,
Nor simulate, a Throe--

The Eyes glaze once-- and that is Death--
Impossible to feign
The Beads upon the Forehead
By homely Anguish strung.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2013