He's Got Quite The Appetite by Gersemi
Summary: Darlin’, that healin’ factor needs fuel.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Friendship, Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 381 Read: 1996 Published: 01/03/2007 Updated: 01/03/2007

1. He's Got Quite The Appetite by Gersemi

He's Got Quite The Appetite by Gersemi
Author's Notes:
I don’t know where this came from. Probably a hungry bunny. Written in about 10 minutes at midnight, not beta’d. Bear with me.
“I’ll have a Lager, big steak, rare, with three baked potatoes, a double burger with fries...”

Christine’s eyebrows rose higher and higher as she wrote down the order, and judging from the look on the other customer’s face, she was just as surprised as Christine was. Christine had been a waitress at Suzie’s Diner for roughly ten years now, but she had never had any one person order this much all at once.

“... a prawn cocktail, two slices of cake, and a chocolate sundae. No mayonnaise on the burger.” He looked at his companion, who was staring at him with wide eyes. “Anything you want?”

Rogue opened her mouth once, closed it again, then handed the menu to the waitress. “I’ll just have a Coke and a burger, thanks.”

When Christine had left, shaking her head in disbelief, Logan leaned back in his seat and lit a cigar. “Not hungry?”

Rogue slid a hand through her hair. “Not after hearing your order, not anymore, no.”

“What’s wrong with my order?”

She stared at him for a second, then, “Where do you put all that stuff?”

“Darlin’, that healin’ factor needs fuel. I don’t eat enough, I get dizzy.”

Rogue grinned, then burst into full side-holding laughter. Between gasping for air, she spat out, “You... you get... get dizzy??”

Logan chewed on his cigar for a while, glaring at her. “Yeah. So?”

Christine arrived, balancing three dishes on one arm and a tablet with their drinks and the prawn cocktail on the other. “There ya go, sweeties.” The man immediately dug into his steak and potatoes, and, quirking an eyebrow, she took the tablet. “I’ll bring over the cake and sundae when you’re done.” He grunted, probably a signal he’d heard her, and continued shovelling down the food. Rolling her eyes, Christine returned to the counter. This called for a big tip.

Rogue watched in total amazement as Logan attacked his food, and the thought that he carried his nickname for a reason made her grin a little wider before turning to her own burger.

Suddenly, Logan stopped, pointing at her. “You tell Scooter about me gettin’ dizzy, you’re dead.”

She smirked. “Wouldn’t dream of it.”

The END
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=206