Change by Alee
Summary: The world is slowly turning and he is standing still.

Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: General
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 278 Read: 1553 Published: 12/10/2003 Updated: 12/10/2003

1. Chapter 1 by Alee

Chapter 1 by Alee
Spring brought romance and autumn brought change. He wasn't sure which he disliked more, to be reminded of the lovebirds and innocent teenage dating or to be reminded that he saw too much change in the world and too little in himself.

She was different, a sucker for a good love story and despised the habitual so much that she rearranged their room every Sunday night promptly at eight. He shouldn't have been surprised then when she tried to fix his problems.

She started with his morning cereal, replacing his bland bran flakes with a children's cereal filled with bright marshmallows in variety of shapes. He filled himself a bowl out of necessity and ate in silence while she giggled from across the table.

Then she took away his generic store brand shampoo and replaced it with a strawberry scented hair-thickening brand, as if his hair needed to be thicker. As he passed the students in the hall, they turned and whispered to their friends, not wanting to incite the crazy teacher. However, they did not want the fact that he smelled like fresh handpicked strawberries and his hair looked more like a lion's mane to remain a secret. By the time he reached her office, she was waiting for him. She giggled from across her desk.

He wasn't letting her go so easily this time.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

"The time has come for changes. Do something or I will."

"Oh, I'll do something alright."

He lunged for her and she shrieked, running from the room. He sat down in her chair, looked across the desk and laughed for the first time in months.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=247