The Glamorous Life by Marisa
Summary: Response to one of Lateo's first line challenges.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 426 Read: 1617 Published: 04/13/2008 Updated: 04/13/2008
Story Notes:
This isn't the most epic fic in the world, but it does the job. Anything to keep from doing productive things. Italics represent thoughts.

1. The Glamorous Life by Marisa

The Glamorous Life by Marisa
Under her red velvet dress, she had bruises and no panties.

You've gotta be kiddin' me! Rogue scowled as she made her way down the stairs to the grand ballroom.

Two missions in two days, and a fucking fundraiser. How come Logan gets to watch the game and I have to entertain the paunchy white perverts of the world? Besides, if Logan doesn't care about what I look like in this dress, no one will.

Her slow, careful saunter through the rec room on the way to the fundraiser got her nothing more than a raised eyebrow and a growl when she blocked the TV. She even "forgot" underwear, and he only had eyes for the TV.

Two days. Two days of getting her ass kicked, and kicking ass, and all she wanted was a hot bath and some time to herself. Every muscle in her body was screaming, and her high heels weren't helping the situation.

The glamorous life of an X-Woman.

After an excruciating hour of trite conversation, and just enough champagne to help her drown out the pain a little bit, it was time to go. Slipping out the french doors on to the lawn, she put her "inherited" stealth to good use and soon found herself in the solace of her own room. Fifteen minutes later, she was neck deep in a bubble bath, and finally relaxing for the first time in days.

"Marie?"

What the hell? I must have fallen asleep in here! "Jesus Christ, Logan!"

"Enjoying yourself?"

"I was, until I was so rudely interrupted."

"What's rude? Interrupting a nap or making sure that a fella can't enjoy his hockey game?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you really think I could concentrate on the playoffs when a beautiful girl strolls through, making it pretty clear her lack of underwear is intentional?"

"Oh please, get over yourself. It was only for the line of the dress."

"Riiiight. So, what hurts?" Logan asked, an ever present mischievous gleam in his eyes.

"Everything, dammit. Go away."

"Why don't you let me help you with that?"

"......"

"Marie?"

"I don't need you to take care of me."

"Yeah, but I need to take care of you. I want to take care of you."

Many, many hours later...

Marie looked over at Logan, and smiled, thinking how great he looked tangled up in her sheets, bruises and sore muscles long forgotten. If this is his idea of taking care of me, this is the beginning of something good.

The glamorous life of an X-Woman.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2745