Always Green, Never White by Silverfootprints
Summary: It starts with a wedding, a series that I may just have to kill if I get too hateful of it, lol.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Colors
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1457 Read: 2031 Published: 03/11/2009 Updated: 03/11/2009
Story Notes:
All my other WR fics have sucked, all two of them, my forte is Roswell fic, but I can't seem to put this down, so here I go again. Enjoy my suckiness, cuz I sure as hell will.

1. Always Green, Never White by Silverfootprints

Always Green, Never White by Silverfootprints
Rogue ran across the beautifully decorated hallway to the room where Scott was getting ready.

"Scott," Marie called out from the outside of the door. "Scott, Jean wants ta' know ef tha' flowah's've come yet." The door opened and Scott stood forward while he worked on his tie.

"Yeah Rogue. Tell her that they came and that everything's all set. All she has to do is finish getting ready and we'll be all set. Logan and Remy are finishing inside the chapel and the Professor's talking to the priest."

Rogue smiled and nodded as she headed away from the room and back to Jean. She turned into the room just in time to have the wedding veil thrown at her face. She caught in her emerald gloved hands before raising her eyebrows and staring questioningly at Jean, who only sighed frustratedly and flopped in a chair.

"Scott said everythin's fahne ean. Theah ain't anythin' ta worry 'bout hun. C'mere an' 'Ro an' Ah kin help yah finish yah're dress. Weh only got half a hour left and 'bout a million buttons ta goh." Jean stood up and let herself be clad in the white garment that trailed far behind her. Ororo smiled at Marie knowingly before going on to finish Jean's make-up as Rogue completed the lengthy task the buttons presented.

The guests were all seated now and Logan looked back to the women's dressing room, wondering how Marie was coming with Jean. He smirked and turned when he heard Scott behind him. "So, you ever think of settling down Logan?"

The Wolverine turned to him and gave him a blank expression before shrugging the question off in a way he knew One-Eye would take as to leave the subject alone. He'd been back three months, but hell, with everything going on, sometimes it felt longer, and others shorter. Either way, it was the longest period of time he'd spent in one place for as long as he could remember.

Ororo came out, slightly flustered looking, in her emerald green dress and nodded to the two men. Scott in turn got Remy's attention, and walked up to the altar while the other man went beside Logan.

Ororo stepped out and slipped her ungloved arm through Remy's. The new couple, and the first in the wedding procession made their way to the aisle. Rogue slipped out of the dressing room, leaving the door open for Jean to come out, and turned to Logan.

Logan's breath stopped when he saw her. Her gown was fitted perfectly and thanks to Jean, the bridesmaid's dresses weren't actually horrible. She smiled shyly at him as they hooked arms and turned towards the aisle and the full church.

"Ya look great kid," Logan whispered as they started to follow Remy and 'Ro down the carpeted aisle. Rogue absently rubbed her gloved fingers over his knuckles and lifted her face to look up at him. "Yah too Logahn."

They continued down the aisle silently until they reached the altar. There they split as the music began for Jean to come out and she appeared at the doorway. Logan watched 'Ro's face light up and look at Remy, who was smiling, cautiously, but happily. Marie was watching her friend with an unknown look in her eyes that she put away so quickly that Logan was the only who saw it.

Jean grinned from under the veil that covered her face. The professor came down the aisle with her and kissed her as he turned to go to the pew in the front. He lifted the veil and she walked the rest of the way up to Scott. He smiled wider than anyone had ever seen him smile before.

The priest began and the beautiful ceremony went on. The two said their wedding vows, and for them it seemed a truly blissful eternity, while for the others, it seemed to take a few short moments in time.

When the wedding was over, the group of them all went to the beautiful party at the mansion. They arrived there in the early evening and it finally began to end in the early morning, just after the newlyweds had left for their honeymoon.

Rogue was curled up on the sofa in the drawing room, at the side of the ball room, where the party had taken place. She held her glass of champagne tilted slightly to her lips for a moment, before taking another small sip. She was not yet 21, but it was common for her to drink some, as she did have both a beer and wine drinker in her head.

She felt Logan sit down beside her before she saw or heard him. She shifted her feet some to give him room to sit. Logan smiled at her natural reaction and lifted her feet up and pulled off her emerald green heels, fit to match the bridesmaid dress she wore. She turned finally to look at him and set her drink down on the coffee table before completing her move to lay down, her head on his legs.

Marie looked up to him and smiled slightly as he reached his gloved hand to her hair and stroked it softly. She closed her eyes and spoke to him.

"It wahs beautiful, wan't it? Jean an' Scott had ah great weddin', theah gonnah beh real happy Ah think." She shifted and crossed her arms across her stomach.

"Yeah. It was nice, I admit." He smirked when Marie smiled at his nonchalant, yet honest words.

"Ah'm just glad thet Jean actually has some tahste, yah know? No damn bubble gum color'd poofy sleev'd dresses for meh an' 'Ro. Emerald green, yeah, Ah kin deal wit' thet." She smiled and opened her eyes, taking his free hand and rubbing his knuckles absently. "Jean look'd so happy. Ah don't think Ah've evah seen her thet happy 'fore. Wondah what thet mus' feel lahke. Bein' en love lahke her an' Scott ahre. It's kahnda funny thet theah found each other. Ah wondah ef everyone's thet lucky ta fahnd someone. Don't
seem very lahkly, but Ah guess it's possible."

Logan watched her features and realized, without Rogue telling him directly, what had been bothering her all day. She was worried, afraid in a way even. "I think it's possible. There are those who don't believe that, but I think so. You just gotta be careful and sure about it, you know? I think that when the time's right, we all find that person, but we just gotta pay attention. It's good for both Scott and Jean that they found each other."

Rogue smiled softly, her sadness fading slightly. "Well, Ah guess thet Ah'll just have ta beh payin' attention then, huh?" her voice was teasing an he sensed her clouded mood leaving. "'Cuz Ah ain't plannin' on waitin' forevah. Ah think ef Ah get married, Ah'll have ah small weddin'. Jean's was jus' too many people for meh. S'more comfortable wit' fewer people."

Logan nodded his agreement. He twirled a white strand of her soft hair around his finger and she sighed and closed her eyes again. "Ef yah keep thet up, Ah'm gonna fall asleep rahght heah yah know?"

He laughed and ran his finger down her chin in a gentle caress that made Rogue open her eyes and tilt her head upwards to look at him. He turned away quickly and let his hand drop. She ran her own gloved hand own his arm, making him turn his face back to her. She sat up quickly, nervous, which was strange for her, and stood.

"Ah...Ah should get up ta bed. Ah have...ah...class ta teach tomorrow. Ah'll just see yah 'round. 'Night Logan." She picked up her drink and her heels before scurrying out of the room in a fashion that was unusual to her character. Logan was left sitting, watching her leaving form.

He didn't know what to think. He had come back to protect her, and that need to protect had turned into a true affection for the girl. Now a woman, according to everyone else at the school. He couldn't have these feelings for her...he didn't know what to think...he decided to let it wait. That was really all he could do. Tomorrow might let him think better. At least in the night, things weren't confusing. It was just dreams, but it was pure, and he loved it, the feelings he was allowed to feel, at night, when it was just Logan and Rogue in his dreams. Yeah, that was what he would do, go to bed. He stood up and turned out of the room, following the steps that Rogue had taken just a few moments later.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3229