Play It Cool by Snooboostoo
Summary: "Fuck, I'm doomed. I'm fucking doomed."
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Rebellious
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1030 Read: 2333 Published: 03/23/2009 Updated: 03/23/2009
Story Notes:
Inspiration: Listening to the Police, mainly the song "Don't Stand So Close To Me."

1. Play It Cool by Snooboostoo

Play It Cool by Snooboostoo
`Play it cool' has become my mantra, my chant, the only thing I can seem to think of, as her sinfully short skirt slowly inches further up her thigh as she makes her way down the stairs. Her eyes are so cool, so calm. They search for me and lock on as she steps on to the floor.

The corner of her mouth curves and her hips sway ever so slightly because she is a woman on a mission and her mission is me.

If you were smart you would pack up your bags this instant and run for cover, but she walks to you slowly like you are some cornered dog. And you are. Your eyes are darting around the room for an exit but stick on her. Coward. Fool. She's made you. You want to jump, not away from her but to her. You want to jump her.

Play it cool, you damn fool. Her eyes are not screaming yes when the answer can only be no and all that will come out of my mouth is a silent growl that rolls down my throat, tickling her fingertips, sending shivers down her spine as her nails move up my chest, leaving burning lines of fire. Her lips are not soft, her breath isn't hot, and she doesn't taste like sugar.

She is just a little girl, an innocent, determined young woman with huge sad eyes, soft hands, and never-ending curves. She isn't whispering, sighing, and moaning my name.

Fuck, I'm doomed. I'm fucking doomed.



Damn that felt so good. Her head was spinning and her lips still tingled as she moved her body to the beat of the drums that played before her. His last dumbfounded expression played behind her eyes as she laughed quietly to herself.

The one little kiss had been all she had ever dreamed of and more, but she feared her disappointment if it was the last they would share. She did not dwell on those thoughts for long because of the man standing in the corner of the club, the one with the fiery red eyes and the suggestive smile. He had finally made his way over here after staring at her for the past hour.

Oh god, he had an accent, a deep southern familiar accent, Cajun maybe, that was almost as addictive as the wild eyes and wild hair, almost.

But his hands, his hands were another story all together. He danced so close, his hands creeping up and down her body as he whispered softly in her ear. He called her `Chere' as his eyes lingered where any other man would dare not to and threw her another cocksure smile as he slipped his number into the palm of her hand before making his way off the dance floor. The number was not the first or last she had gotten tonight but it was the first she kept. Jubes laughed, murmuring something along the lines of `That's my girl'before heading back to the bar to hit on the bartender. Guilt formed in her gut as she slipped the number into her pocket and headed back to the dance floor.



Logan paced up and down the halls, keeping everyone awake and everyone out of his path. The school counted down to the moment when the explosion that had been waiting for weeks to happen would surely come. The place hummed with suppressed anticipation.

He paced until the floor began to creak under the pressure of holding him up. Finally, Charles spoke, simply ushering him to a chair that directly faced the main set of doors and mentally demanding that he sit before he forced him to. Logan was in such a state of confusion and nervous energy that even this didn't stir anything in him but quick obedience. Charles shook his head in amusement before leaving the man to watch the door.

Damn that girl was good.



She had no idea how well her scheme had worked out for her. Instead, she was still swimming in the high of the atmosphere of the club. The now silent songs haunted her mind and moved her feet and hips in time to their fading beats. Her heart was racing from the wild glances that had been sent her way and the couple of drinks she had managed to sneak by the minor patrol dulled her sorrows. Now all she wanted to do was drag a drunken Jubilee up the stairs and fall into a dreamless sleep. And she would have until she noticed a figure in the dark.

"Bobby, John drop her in our room, I have to distract the hall monitor."

She slipped off her boots and slowly walked over to Logan, all the while frantically waving the boys up the stairs. Jubilee awoke mid way up, almost causing the whole group to fall over backwards. Instead, they dropped her. Both of the guys carried her kicking and screaming, all the while trying to muffle her drunken rants. As soon as they were out of sight, the girl quickened her pace before stopping in front of the man sleeping in the chair. Could he have really slept through all of that? It didn't seem possible.

Waving her hand before his face she shrugged, "Out like a light."

But as she turned, his hand grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. "We need to talk," he spat out in a low growl, making her look up to the sky to try to hide her smile. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard after all.



Jubes snuck out of her room, looking both ways for the boys before leaning over the stair railing to spy on her friend. Kissing. Ah, that was a very good sign as was the groping, and her little giggles. Jubilee had to smother her laughter as her friend was tossed over his shoulder and carried up the stairs.

Logan glared at her as he passed, and Jubes shouted to Marie, "You go, girl!"

Yawning past her huge grin as they rounded the corner of the hall, she headed back to her room and closed the door.

"Success."

The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3294