Every Morning by fafilattes
Summary: A silly bit o' fluff, a morning in Roganland. A lot like every other morning.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 377 Read: 2331 Published: 10/06/2009 Updated: 10/06/2009
Story Notes:
This one came out of the challenge generator. "I think I love you//coffee mug". Oi, also happens to be my first fic submitted to this site. Exciting, eh? (That also means please don't kill me if something got f***ed up in the submission process, this thing is acting a bit wonky for me.)

1. Chapter 1 by fafilattes

Chapter 1 by fafilattes
“Logan, I think I love you.”

“You say that every morning.”

“I mean it this time.”

“It’s not going to work.”

Of course, she tilted her face up, her eyes going all big and her tone wheedling. He was pretty sure she practiced that look, that tone. “Logan, please?”

“No.” He’d had his own share of practice.

She shuffled forward just a bit, closing the gap between them, their hips just a breath apart. Her small gloved fingers threading through his to grip the coffee mug between his hands. “C’mon, just a sip.” Vixen.

“You always say a sip. Then you drink all my coffee.” He could feel her tugging just the slightest bit, trying to coax it away. She shifted just a little to gain some leverage, one hip making contact with his. He tried to focus on tightening his grip. She gave him that doe-eyed look again, peeking up through her lashes, lips in the smallest little pout. Oh, Hell.

“You could make your own coffee for once.” Her only response was a tiny little whimper, only loud enough for his own sharpened hearing. He could feel the mug shifting almost imperceptibly. Found himself forgetting to hold it quite so tightly. “If you didn’t sleep in every damn day, you could come down here while there’s still coffee in the pot, ‘steada stealing mine.” He was trying to sound forceful, but he knew he was slipping. He could hear the resignation in his voice already. She could, too. When did her hips end up flush against his? Focus, Wolverine. Can’t let her win. Again.

She went in for the killing blow, her voice all soft and breathy now, her face much too close to his, warm breath against his throat.

“But I like yours.”

That last word was half whine, half something else, and then it was over before he could blink. His hands weren’t gripping the mug anymore, they were reaching for her, but she danced out of the way. He growled and she ignored it, skipping away, prize gripped triumphantly, flashing a smile and a quick, “Thanks Logan!” over her shoulder.

He sighed. Faced the empty coffee pot. Set to work replenishing it.

Every. Damn. Morning.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3525