Our Chair by glovegrrl
Summary: This is a contribution to Moviemom44's Logan's Chair RR.

Plans are made for the couple, and of course the chair!
Categories: X1, AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Logan's Chair
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 739 Read: 2542 Published: 02/04/2010 Updated: 02/04/2010
Story Notes:
So here I was sitting around minding my own business when this sweet little bunny popped out of nowhere and bit me! This is my first fic posted so let me know what you think! (I’ve got about a dozen more fics sitting on my hd unfinished but they should all be posted, uhh ... one day.)

1. Chapter 1 by glovegrrl

Chapter 1 by glovegrrl
A slight breeze, of warm midnight summer air, blew through the open window as Marie watched the faint glowing lights of the jet’s engines as the famed “X-men” made their final approach to the hidden landing area behind the Xavier School.

They were late, by about twelve hours, and Logan had called earlier in the evening to try to relieve her worries that something had gone horribly wrong and told her that Scott, or the “one-eyed wonder” as he had un-affectionately referred to the teams pilot, had flown through a flock of geese and damaged the plane to the extent they had had to stop to make repairs before continuing on to Westchester.

As the plane made its descent towards what had been a basketball court - it was now a gaping hole in the ground - Marie smiled towards the cockpit, Logan would be able to see her but she didn’t want to risk disturbing the sleeping baby who was resting on her shoulder to give him more of a greeting.

Within minutes she could make out the sound of his boots coming down the worn wood floor of the large hallway, a soft click, and squeak of un-oiled hinges and the door opened to reveal the most handsome man on the planet, or so she thought anyway. And who cares what anyone else thinks! Marie thought to herself.

“Hey babe,” Logan whispered into the darkness making his way over to the chair, his favourite chair, where his wife was seated. Leaning down, he gave her a quick, soft, kiss, and one to the sleeping baby, before peeling off what was left of his black leather uniform and throwing it into the bathroom.

The baby, Lydia, began to stir in her mother’s arms.

“She’s been waiting for her Daddy to get home,” Marie said with a smile, watching as Logan dressed more comfortably for his current surroundings.

“Has she now,” Logan murmured, moving closer and picking the waking baby from her mother’s arms. “Hey Lydee, you been a good girl for your mama while I been gone?” Logan asked, everyone had told him the baby didn’t understand him but the smile he was getting right now seemed to indicate otherwise.

“Of course she has,” Marie replied standing up and moving to stand next to her husband, her head resting on his shoulder as she watched her little girl reach out her chubby baby hands to try and touch her father’s face.

“Little one need a feed?” Logan asked before giving the tiny cheek a kiss and blowing a raspberry.

With a laugh at her daughters obvious amusement and her husband’s relaxed antics she responded, “Yes, you wanna help?”

“You read my mind darlin’.” Logan replied. Moving back to the well used chair Logan seated himself before pulling Marie down onto his lap and passing her the baby.

As soon as the baby latched on, Logan pulled Marie back into his embrace and they both watched contentedly as their hungry child feed.

“I missed you,” Logan whispered softly into Marie’s hair.

“I missed you too,” she replied a soft smile on her face as she sat with the two most important people in her world.

“I wanna take a break,” Logan said all of a sudden, slightly startling the settled baby, “I think we should get away from here for a while, what do you think?”

“Where would we go?” Marie asked, “And for how long?”

“How ‘bout back to the cabin, Canada, that sound all right to you?” Logan answered.

“That sounds great but why now? I thought you were really busy teaching classes?”

“Not really, Chuck’s got a new teacher coming tomorrow who can cover my classes for me for a few weeks, that and it’s our anniversary next week, you hadn’t forgotten had you?” Logan enquired teasingly.

“Oh my gosh!” Marie exclaimed, “I can’t believe I completely forgot!”

“So that’s a yes we’ll go?”

“Of course but Logan ...?”

“Yeah?”

“Can we take this chair with us?” Marie asked innocently, that is until you saw that mischievous glint in her eye.

Logan’s got a faraway look, thinking of all the time they’d spent in this chair in the two years since they met.

“You know darlin’,” he replied with a grin, “I think we can manage that.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3655