Making It Work by Ransom99
Summary: Dark Rogue and Wolverine try to make it work out through dissaproval, jealousy, pain and frustration. This is the sequal to Dark Rogue.
Categories: Comicverse Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 11476 Read: 27331 Published: 02/25/2010 Updated: 03/12/2010
Story Notes:
Sometimes it feels like the world is against me and my Wolverine. One obstacle after another... but we make it through. You just gotta have hope and trust that things will work out.

1. Isolation by Ransom99

2. Found by Ransom99

3. Consideration by Ransom99

4. Confliction by Ransom99

5. Whoops by Ransom99

6. Betrayal by Ransom99

Isolation by Ransom99
“Come on Marie.” Logan complained as he started to pull on his shirt in their room. He wandered over to the mirror and checked his reflection without really caring. All that mattered to him was looking decent. He walked over and knelt beside the bed where she was sitting on the bed at nine o’clock reading. “You haven’t been out in days.”

Rogue shrugged not taking her eyes off the page. “I’m tired for once Logan. I want a night in.” She sighed as he gave her a look and she set down her worn copy of ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ by William Shakespeare. “Last night we had to do another training session in the danger room and the night before I had to help you with your late night self defence class. Fun as it was, Shakespeare is calling my name.”

Logan reached over and picked up the book she was reading. “Careful, I’m starting to think you find baldy here more attractive than me.” He held up the book, showing the back where there was a picture of Shakespeare.

Rogue snickered. “Well, he does have a way with words.” she grinned.
Logan rolled his eyes as he moved her legs onto his lap. “I can rhyme... well, sometimes.” He smiled back at her.

“Try putting it in iambic pentameter and old English and we’ll talk.” She felt his hands tighten around her legs comfortingly.

“Come on kid. I wanna go to the bar.”
Rogue fiddled with her bookmark. “Next time.” She said convincingly. “I promise.”

He groaned and got up slowly. She was not thrilled about him going out without her but since she didn’t want to go with him, it was unreasonable to complain. Their room still had the blank walls of a home that had just been moved into, but it had been two months since they had moves in together. For some reason, she just kept finding reasons not to decorate.

“Can I get that in writing?” he asked sarcastically as he leaned over her and kissed her gently before heading towards the door.

Her eyes narrowed slightly. “What’s that supposed to mean.”
Logan had one hand on the door and sighed, letting his shoulders relax before he turned around. He smiled back at her. “I’m just saying that next time I may not take no for an answer.”

Rogue bit her lip. “Sorry. I promise.”

He nodded and turned the doorknob, grabbing his jacket off the hook and left. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to go out with him, but sometimes she needed her alone time. It was a necessary outlet of hers. Even if she wasn’t in the room like he thought. A girl has to have her secrets, especially one like her. No one can no everything, and it made her feel vulnerable to think that anyone did.

Rogue had only just started to trust Logan and it was a hard situation building their life around what they had. Living in the mansion and being around the people that were there was well, interesting. So far, everyone had been rather nice to her without any problems. That was... everyone except for Jean.

She wouldn’t mind her much if Rogue hadn’t known something about her. It was the fact that there was history between Logan and her. He hadn’t told her, and she didn’t blame him for that. It wasn’t something that would come up often. They didn’t talk much about their previous relationships, even though Logan knew about the one she used to have with Magneto. They didn’t discuss that either. It made them both uncomfortable.

For the last while that she had been living there the only thing she had focused on was control, and under that she had felt like she was isolated more and more often. That hadn’t been her intention. She knew that Logan only was patient because he frequently talked with Xavier about her. But Charles only shared the utmost important things, like why Logan should be very understanding until she gets a hold on herself.

Rogue sighed as she grabbed a different book and opened the window, climbing out onto the roof above the kitchen which was right below them alone with the porch that was accessible through the kitchen. It looked out on a huge field and at the edge of which was a cliff that was a direct downfall into the ocean. There were some park benches on the edge along with a inviting gazebo that had a great view of everything. But Rogue constantly found herself simply sitting on this roof in the cold night air, reading.

Gulliver’s Travels, a good book by Jonathan Swift. So many adventures throughout it, and they were amazing ones. She loved to think about what would happen if she went traveling. But she couldn’t. She couldn’t leave now. She was only three chapters in when she started to hear the voices.

Rogue recognized them all. One was perky and over excited as usual with the girlish lack of vocabulary, being Kitty. Another was had a slight accent that she couldn’t pick up on, Jubilee. And the last, who was speaking the most was a calm more mature and confident voice. Jean.


“They’re fighting a lot.” Jean informed them, smiling with her red hair pulled back in a pony tail. She was wearing her silk matching PJs, a rose red colour that matched her colour tone and her toe nail polish. “I think that Logan is getting sick of her mood swings.”

Kitty gasped slightly. “What would happen if they... y’know, broke up or something?” she said, her voice high and perky. “Like, would she... stay here still?”

“I doubt that she would even wanta.” Jubilee decided. “Ah mean, ain’t he the reason she’s here anyways?” They were sitting at the table in front of the open sliding doors to let in a breeze as they drank their milk, with a couple cookies in front of them.

Jean reached out and grabber her glass off the table and took a sip of her milk. “One way or another, I don’t think that they’ll last long.” She glanced towards the window. “I mean Logan has his pick of any girl around, and he chose her? I have no idea why.” She knew that Rogue was listening.

Kitty shrugged and looked over a Jubilee. “I think she’s pretty okay. Not that I ever see her without him. She really keeps to herself.”

“Ah know.” Jubes agreed. “She was sittin in the livin room reading or something and when a group of us came in she just left... maybe she thinks she’s intruding.”

“Maybe she’s right.” Jean muttered taking a bite of a cookie. “You saw what she did to me and Ororo.” She hissed. “She could have killed us.”

Jubilee contemplated that a moment before she spoke. “Don’t that say something? Ah mean, she didn’t do it.”

“But she’s really, really strong.” Kitty pointed out. “Like, she could destroy the entire building with a thought. And you heard what the professor said. Now that she heals, every power she has heals too. So she can’t run out of her abilities like she used to.”

“It could come in handy.” Jubilee said. “But it also means she’s dangerous. Some of the younger kids are afraid of her, and the fact that she stays away from everyone just makes it worse.”

Jean took a deep breath and smiled slightly, but no one noticed. “Who knows how long Logan can put up with her now that they can both live forever.” She laughed slightly. “That’s going to backfire one day.”

Rogue couldn’t listen anymore, she pushed herself back through the window and closed it. But she could still hear them because of Logan’s super hearing. She rushed through her room dropping her book to the ground and closed the bathroom door turning on some music and the shower. It didn’t block out everything. But it blocked out enough.
Found by Ransom99
The door to their dorm didn’t open till two o’clock am. Logan tried to sneak in as quiet as possible through the silence. He didn’t turn on the light. He didn’t need to. He could see more than enough. He tried to listen but he heard nothing, and assumed that she was already asleep. But he smelled the tears. It was something that he had come home to many times.

In pure darkness, he pulled off his shirt and shoes, lifting the covers and crawling into the bed trying not to make a disturbance. He was only halfway in when he realized something. He reached over and patted the bed beside him. The covers were unturned and empty. She wasn’t there.

He ran a frustrated hand through his hair and got up, finally turning on the light in their bedroom to look around. There was nothing and no one in the room. He walked back through the other entrance, where there was another room with a couch and a fireplace. His gaze turned to the little light on the bathroom door. There was no light on inside there but he checked anyways.

He opened the door slowly. Darkness. A faint smell of vanilla and tears mixed together with a touch of peaches and water. He dimmed down the light before he turned it on so that it wasn’t on full blast. In the little light, he looked over and saw the bathtub with the curtains drawn covering it. He sighed and pulled them back.

Rogue was laying there, eyes open, her black jeans clinging to her legs and her black tank top hugging closely against her. Despite how incredibly sad her eyes were, she still had that strange sense of sexy appeal he loved. He took a deep breath and sat down beside the tub till he was eye level with her. She still wouldn’t look at him.

Fully clothed in the bathtub. Not a good sign. “You better not be that wet because of tears.” He murmured slowly, trying to soften his voice. “Because I swear, someone’s gonna get a beating if that’s the case.”

He heard her exhale. He wasn’t helping, obviously. He reached out and lifted her only slightly so that he could slip in beside her, with her leaning against his chest. But she was rigid. Her creamy skin cold and clammy from the water. Her hair was wet too, but smelled strongly of peaches. Must be the new shampoo.

He wrapped her arms around her and she finally gave in and turned so that she was resting her head against his shoulder on the inside of his neck. “What happened?” he asked after a while of just laying there.

Rogue took a deep breath, beginning to feel a little warmer now that he was there with her. “I...” she paused, unsure if she should tell him, but decided to. “I overheard some of the girls talking.” She murmured, trying not to let her own words affect her. She didn’t want to get emotional while she talked about this. “I don’t think they like me much.”

“Bullshit.” Logan muttered, his arms tightening comfortingly around her. “Who was saying this?”
She shook her head. “Doesn’t matter.”

“Matters to me.” He disagreed.
“What’re you gonna do Logan?” she said slowly. “Hit a girl? They gossip. It’s normal. I just wish it was easier to hide from me.”

He sighed, knowing that she wasn’t going to tell him who it was. “What did they say?”
Rogue’s teeth clenched together and she tried to remember the wording. “About us or me?”

“Both.” He growled.
She sighed. “Just talked about us fighting. How long we’ll last.” She paused. “How long you’ll put up with me for.” She pushed past that immediately, not wanting to think about it. “And about how I don’t really... talk to anyone else.”

He leaned his head back against the cold wall, feeling the water on her clothing soaking through his. He flexed his fingers, not wanting to let his claws come out. It used to be so easy to stop. He never realized how touchy he was about people back talking Rogue.

“We both know you stay out of people’s way for a good reason.” He muttered. “You can start getting to know everyone when you’re ready.”

“Maybe I’m taking too long.” She whispered pressing her face against his warm neck and closing her eyes, trying to stop the tears. “I can’t hide from them forever.”

“Who in the hell said you were hiding?” he grunted. “Look, we both knew that this would take some time. Don’t let people get to yah Marie.”

She sucked in a deep breath and nodded into him. “You’re right... but they’re scared of me.”
“They damn well should be.” He muttered angrily, frustration leaking through into his dark tone.

“I don’t want people to be afraid of me Logan.” She whispered, lifting her head only slightly so that she could look into his eyes. “No one likes to be scared.”

He nodded as he looked at her, there was barely any light on her face, but her hair was messy from the water, different strands spread out around her face like she was sporting a crazy new style. He smiled at her, there was a small amount of black makeup that dripped down under her eyes from the tears, and her cheeks were red as hell from the crying and change of body temperature. He smiled at her, and gently rubbed one hand against her cheek and past her ear.

He knew what it was like, to have someone be afraid of you. It wasn’t a nice feeling. It made you feel evil, dark, threatening, cruel and horrifying. But most of all, it made you feel powerful. It was not something to be desired unless you wanted that control over the people around you. That was the only reason that Rogue had been able to join the X-men. Because she didn’t want to be feared. She didn’t want to be corrupted by the power over the weak.

Logan leaned in an kissed her forehead gently, understanding what she was going through. He hugged her closer to him, pulling her up. “I love you.” He whispered to her. He acted as though those three words would make everything better for her. As though nothing else but that mattered. She smiled against his chest. The thing was?

He was right.
Consideration by Ransom99
Rogue woke up before him that morning, having to slip herself gently out of Logan’s arms when she got up. At about four in the morning she and him had finally moved to the bed, after changing into some dry clothes. She had only slept about three hours, it was eight o’clock now and she couldn’t sleep any longer. She was restless.

She was wearing short black shorts and pink slippers. They had been a gift to her from Kitty when she had first moved in. Her favourite dark green tank top hugged her around her bra line, showing just the right amount of cleavage. Not thinking that anyone would be awake she slipped out the door quietly. Her hair pulled into two messy braids with random strands flying everywhere. Overall, she looked like shit to herself, but absolutely adorable to anyone else.

Passing by a series of closed dorm room doors, she crept down the stairs around the corner and without looking around saw a bowl full of muffins on the counter with a note that said ‘help yourself everyone!’ She reached out and grabbed one, taking a bite she turned around to head to the table where there was usually a newspaper.

Bobby was sitting there, an eyebrow raised with reading glasses on and the newspaper unfolded in front of him. He smiled at her when she jumped scared out of her mind, choking on a muffin. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Rogue tried to catch her breath, coughing slightly. “No, no. My fault. I should have looked around first.” She picked nervously at the muffin as she stood awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

He let out a half hearted laugh. “Please, sit down. It would be nice to have company this early. Everyone else sleeps till at least eleven on a Saturday.” He gestured to the seat beside him.

She was about to say no before she stopped herself. Why not? She mashed her lips together as she slipped over and sat down at the seat across from him, rather than beside him. On the wooden table was a bowl full of fruit. In side were oranges, three different types of apples, bananas, star fruit, dragon fruit, and some lemons and limes. It was colourful, and very pretty.

“So, how are you finding it around here?” he asked, pulling off his glasses which somehow made him look sexily smart and attractive.

Her shoulders were pulled in, clearly making her look nervous about being there. She tried to calm herself down. “It’s good. Just... y’know, different.” She shrugged, picking off a piece of her muffing and placing it in her mouth. She chewed slowly, tasting the sweet batter and the blueberries.

He nodded. “I understand.” He murmured folding the newspaper back up, her offered it to her and she took it gratefully. “When I first moved here it took some getting used to. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be when you already have a certain relationship with many members of this family.”

Rogue nodded. “I suppose so.” She agreed. She tried to remember if she had ever met Iceman before. But he spoke before she did.

“I do recall our last encounter.” He said slowly, reading her eyes like a book. “But believe me, all is forgiven. If anything it was an interesting experience.”

She smiled slightly, as she remembered. He had been in the middle of a brawl with Colossus and had been freezing the metal to the point that he could no longer move. Rogue simply relieved him of a bit of ice. She hadn’t held on for long though. But she remembered the look he had given her when it happened. Sort of a ‘what on earth is happening?’ look, before he fell weakly to the ground. She had let go before any severe damage could be done.

“Thanks.” She said slowly, clear gratitude ringing in her voice. When he looked surprised and confused she continued. “For being so nice to me.” She finished.

A smile spread across his face. “It is no trouble at all Rogue.” He told her kindly.

Her gaze shot to the floor almost immediately and he was about to ask if he had offended her before she interrupted. “Marie.” She corrected. “My name is Marie.”

He nodded, a stronger smile now. “Marie.” He repeated. Then he suddenly looked as though he was listening to someone else, but there was silence in the room. Then he looked understanding and turned back to Rogue. “It seems as though the professor wants you to go to his office.” He told her.

Rogue’s eyebrows pulled together. “Why didn’t he just tell me?” She asked glancing down at the muffin and making its remains levitate to the garbage.

He smiled as he watched and then shrugged, reaching out and grabbing a granny smith apple. “I think he wasn’t sure if you were comfortable with him in your thoughts just yet. He was simply respecting your privacy.”

She nodded, touched by his consideration. She pushed herself off the chair and started to walk towards the door before she froze. “Maybe I should get changed...” she murmured quietly.

Bobby rolled his eyes with another sweet smile. “It’s a Saturday. Staying in your PJ’s is expected.”
She smiled and said goodbye, heading down the hallway to where Xavier was.

Rogue took her time, trying to figure out what exactly he would have to say to her. She hoped she hadn’t done anything wrong. She was still worried about her appearance but trudged forward trying not to be self conscious. It was hard to do that. When she reached the door she paused for only a moment and then knocked, before slowly opening the door herself.

She peeked into his office and saw him sitting at his desk organizing some papers. His gaze flickered up to hers and he gave her a brief smile. “Ah, Rogue.” He murmured straightening one last pile before moving it out of the way. “You can come in,” he murmured, slightly amused. He pulled a file out of a cabinet and set it down in front of him. “I’m glad you were awake, I was worried we wouldn’t get the opportunity to discuss the situation this weekend.”

Her heart thudded impossibly fast. He’s kicking her out. She did something wrong. Oh god maybe she wasn’t supposed to take a muffin...

“What is it?” she asked hesitantly.
“Well,” he murmured looking down at his file and opening it up. “I’m just looking at your test results for the teaching exam.” He told her. The teaching exam happened to be something Logan had talked her into doing. It was a course for becoming a teacher at the school. Jean had tried to rule against it but the professor had liked the idea.

‘Oh god I failed.’ She thought miserably. “Was there something wrong?” she asked. She had been so sure that she did fine. She had studied four days in bed with Logan, despite his wanting to do... well, other things in that bed.

“No,” the professor assured her with a smile. “You did fantastic. Second highest score.” He showed her the test which had a “97%” on the top, with a smiley face sticker. “The highest is mine.” He handed her the test and started to look at everything else in her file. “You had a ninety three percent average in the class itself, and did well on your physical so if you wished you could even teach gym.”

Rogue tried not to grin like an idiot. It wasn’t about the gym option obviously. She tried to focus on what he was saying.

“It looks like you have a choice to teach any of the open courses.” He murmured. “The new semester starts in February, giving you two weeks to decide on a class.” He finally looked up at her. “Do you have any in mind?”

She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She was having difficulty with the entire situation. She hadn’t the slightest clue what class she would teach. She remembered a quote. “Do what you know and love.” But she couldn’t remember who had said it. A famous writer somewhere... But what did she know and love? She knew how to fight... but she didn’t love it. She loved food. She smiled as she thought about doing a cooking class. But she had no idea how to boil water.

“I may have to get back to you on that professor.” She said quietly as she continued to think.

He nodded. “I understand Rogue.” He told her. “Let’s make a meeting for Thursday hmm? That’ll give you almost five days to decide and then more than a week to come up with a rough curriculum to go over with Hank.”

“Sounds good.” She agreed starting to get up. She headed for the door she placed her hand on the knob and as she opened it she glanced back at him. “Thanks professor.”

He smiled at her. “Congratulations Rogue.”
She nodded and closed the door behind her, only to see Logan leaning against the wall across from the door she exited. He grinned at her. “Great job.” He said walking towards her, his arms automatically opened wide for her as she rushed into them and he lifted her off the ground.

“Can you believe it?” she gasped as he sat her down. He looked her up and down and folded his arms across his chest.

“That you’re wandering around the school looking like a swimsuit model? No. I can’t believe it.” He muttered, tugging at her tight shirt.

Rogue grabbed his hands and grinned up at him. “Yeah I know... but no! I get to be a teacher. I can teach anything I want!”

He had never seen her so thrilled. He smiled back at her. “I told you that you had that test in the bag.” He said pulling her back up to the dorm room. “But put on some pants will yah? Those legs are for me and me alone to enjoy.”

She stomped one foot down. “I don’t know,” she said dragging out the vowels. “What’s the thing people say? If you got it, flaunt it?”

He grabbed her and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder and heading up the stairs while she pounded lightly on his back like she was being kidnapped. “You’re coming with me.” He growled childishly as he continued up the wooden staircase laughing. He had just rounded the corner when he stopped.

“Logan.” A dark female voice hissed.
She felt him set her down beside him, but still held her hand as she turned around to see Jean there.

“Jean,” he murmured, Rogue heard a realization in his voice. “I completely forgot. Give me ten minutes to get ready.”

She nodded, her red hair curled attractively with time clearly spend on it and her makeup. She was wearing tight yoga pants and a sports bra, that was it. It definitely didn’t leave much to the imagination. “Meet me in the courtyard. The students are supposed to be there in five.”

Logan nodded, walking past her and hurrying up the stairs, dragging Rogue alone with him. When they finally were inside the dorm he was rushing around pulling his pants on and his favourite black t-shirt. She sat down on the bed that he hadn’t made, and watched. “What did you forget?”

He pulled open the drawer and grabbed a pair of socks sitting down beside her and pulling them on. “Jean and I are doing a weekend defence class. There are a couple students in my class struggling and she offered to help.”

Rogue looked at the floor. “I could have helped.” She murmured.
Logan had the other sock on already and looked over at her realizing she looked hurt. “Aw Marie I didn’t think... I thought that with your ability and everything I thought you would want some more time to control it.”

She nodded. “Makes sense.” She agreed slowly.

He leaned over and kissed the top of her head before rushing over to the door. “I’ll see you in a couple hours.” He told her, opening it. “When I get back we’ll go for dinner. Celebrate your new teacher status huh?” he closed the door without waiting for her to answer.

Rogue took a deep breath, trying desperately to convince herself that there was nothing going on with Jean and Logan. Defence class. That doesn’t necessarily mean... touching and what not. She stopped that thought dead. Of course it had touching. That was why she couldn’t help him with it. Pain shot through her as she thought about the memories of Jean she had in her. She was sexy obviously. A total hottie. That was probably why Scott was with her.

There’s another reason why Jean couldn’t possibly be plotting against her. She’s with Scott already. Jean isn’t unfaithful. Right? Rogue ran her hands through her hair, struggling with it. She was wearing a bra to defence class. A fucking bra. “UGH.” Rogue huffed, burying her face into a pillow as she tried to calm herself down. “No.” she thought finally. Logan wouldn’t do that to her. He couldn’t. But she didn’t know about Jean. She would just have to trust Logan. It was all that she could do. She sighed and grabbed a copy of The Great Gatsby, hiding underneath her blankets.
Confliction by Ransom99
There was a tapping at her window. Which was strange, for obvious reasons. She was on the second floor, and anyone in the mansion who wanted to talk to her could easily come to her door themselves. It was that reason in particular, that she was nervous about going to her window.

When she got there she was only slightly relieved. She opened it up and looked out, seeing Viktor leaning casually against her wall with a smile. “Sitting around alone again?”

Rogue glared at him, going back into her bedroom and placing her book carefully on her full book case. “Been watching me?” she accused darkly, zipping up her sweater so she wasn’t quite so exposed. Viktor liked to come around and say hi every so often. She was sure it was just to bug Logan, but she didn’t mind much. Normally however, he would never come to her room. Logan would be able to smell him.

He shrugged. “Can’t help but hear.” He dismissed the thought, wandering in after her and looking around. “So where’s lover boy?”

She turned on him, folding her arms across her chest. “Busy. But you already knew that, or you wouldn’t be here.”

His smile showed his fangs, subtly sharpened. “Well, I did see them doing... what was it, a class?” he admitted. “It looked more like a demonstration for something else.”

Rogue took a deep breath to calm herself and not let him get to her. “Sometimes that is necessary to help the students to learn defence.” She said, sounding more like she was trying to convince herself, not him. Which depressed her. “But whatever, you can’t be here. Logan will rip out your heart if he catches you. Are you trying to get me in trouble?”

“Like you said,” he said with a smile. “He’s busy.”

She glared at him. “Working.” She clarified.
“Sure.”

“Go away Viktor.” She muttered angrily.
“Don’t want some company?” He asked.

“Actually, no” she told him, pushing him towards the window. “I have to get ready to go for a celebratory dinner with Logan.”

“Busy man.” He laughed as he started to climb out the window. He started to step out before he glanced back at her. “You know, if anyone sees me sneaking out of your bedroom window when Logan isn’t around. Kinda looks bad, don’t you think?”

“Go.” She hissed angrily.
“I think I’ll try to make sure someone sees. Can’t wait to see Wolverine’s face.” He laughed and slipped out. So she was alone again. She closed the window with a deliberate slam and folded her arms across her chest, wandering towards the bathroom.

After a long shower of scrubbing her hair with her new favourite peach shampoo, Rogue had completely cleansed herself and convinced herself that there was absolutely no reason to believe that Jean would try anything with Logan, let alone have him return whatever affection it was.

She took her time doing her hair and makeup for dinner with Logan later. She straightened her hair so that it was soft, settling nicely past her shoulders. The white streak in the front did nothing but annoy her, however there was nothing she could do about it. No dye would cover it and nothing could hide it but a wig. So she just learned to love it, and it looked nice straightened.

Rogue wore her favourite classic black skirt and leggings, along with her black corset like shirt that hugged around her stomach with nice lacing down the front, showing not much, but enough skin on her chest and back. The sleeves covered just the ends of her shoulders and only two or three inches down her arms. She was wearing blue eye shadow, which brought out the blue flecks in her green eyes.

Overall, she looked beautiful. And that’s what she wanted. Logan may be able to get his pick of any of the girls on campus, but she could make it clear why he had chosen her.

She headed out of her dorm and down the stairs tucking her hair behind her ears so that she could see a little better. Otherwise it was falling in front of her eyes constantly. She figured she may be waiting for Logan a while, but hopefully she would run into Bobby again. He was a very nice man, and he was her age surprisingly.

Rogue went into the kitchen and saw Kurt, Kitty and John standing there talking. They went silent for a moment when they saw her. Kitty sucked in a breath. “Wow, Rogue you look amazing.”

She smiled at her. “Thanks.” She said reaching into the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. They continued, thinking that she was just going to ignore them as usual. John had his lighter in his hand as always, starting the flame and blowing it out over and over again as he continued with casual conversation.

They were discussing the science homework from Biology. A subject Rogue had finished a while back. It seemed like they were having trouble with it. “Studying digestion?” Rogue asked as she walked up to them and leaned against a nearby counter.

Kurt look surprised but then thrilled. “Yes.” He said with his thick German accent. “There’s a lot to remember.” He murmured.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “The best thing to do is take as many notes as you can and keep them all together in order.” She watched their expression as they turned from surprised to understanding. “Everyday take the notes home and type them up or rewrite them so that you remember them more. Every once in a while re-read them , and then at the end of the semester study together and try to teach each other parts you don’t understand.” She continued “When you teach something you are so much more likely to remember it.”

Smiles lit up all their faces. “No wonder you did so well on your teaching exam.” John muttered shoving his lighter in his pocket.

Rogue couldn’t help but beam. She was in an incredible mood. She would have something to do around here finally, and she could focus more on getting along with Logan, while getting to know more students while she taught. With any luck, by the end of this year, maybe Bobby and Logan wouldn’t be the only ones who didn’t hate her.

“Thanks.” She said humbly. “Has the defence class gotten back yet?”
Kitty nodded. “I just saw Logan and Jean in the TV room.”

“Thanks again.” Rogue called over her shoulder, trying to sound as nice and non-threatening as possible as she headed into the other room. Just outside she paused at the mirror in the hall and quickly fixed her hair. She wanted to surprise him. He had never seen her like this.

Trying to be quiet she crept around the corner and stood in the entranceway about to say “Ready to go?” as nonchalantly as possible. But what she saw caught her words in her throat, a deadly possibility of choking on them as she stared at Logan against the wall with Jean pressed against him far too close to be normal. Her face was only inches from his, her wrist was on his shoulder with her fingers casually stroking the back of his neck and her other arm was wrapped around him. One of his hands however was on her bare, thin waist.

Rogue’s shallow breathing gave her away as she tried to make herself believe she was imagining it. But it wasn’t disappearing. She wasn’t waking up.

The smell of vanilla hit him like a ton of bricks, overpowering the scent of candy apples that Jean had. It was because he liked vanilla more. When Rogue was around it always seemed like a bakery. His hand pushed Jean to the side as he saw her. “Rogue?” he murmured, surprised by her appearance and then the fact that she was there. He realized immediately what she was seeing because Jean stayed close, almost gripping his arm as she tried to look innocent.

“Logan...” She choked out desperately before she spun around, not willing to see anymore and ran down the hallway towards the first exit she saw. The sliding door opened immediately without her even touching it as she rushed past the students who were still there. Out on the balcony she looked up and saw the ledge that she would sit on, but she didn’t want to go there. Out at the edge of the field was the inviting and empty gazebo. A place to hide.

She was there in an instant as the wind swirled around her, carrying her there without any effort whatsoever. It used to take a lot of concentrated power, but now somehow she accessed every power she wanted to at once. It was easy. Sitting inside the gazebo, she pulled her legs up against her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She looked out and saw the sunset lighting up the golden field around her. It was beautiful and so was she, but she didn’t feel like it. Not anymore. She wasn’t anything in comparison to Jean. She thought she was stupid for even thinking there was a competition. It was like placing a prize winning poodle against the runt of a litter of border collies.

Rogue crushed her face into her knees, trying to comfort herself and not think about it at the same time. She never wanted to hate Jean. She didn’t want to hate anyone. But Jean had done it. She had made Rogue hate her, and that was not a good thing. Next time Jean did anything, she wasn’t going to get away with it.

She knew she couldn’t hide out here forever, and since she had been thinking about how angry she would be if Logan came out here, he probably knew not to from the professor. But she didn’t want to be alone. It was the last thing she wanted.

Rogue heard someone coming, but didn’t bother to turn around and look. She thought it would be Logan. And she didn’t want to look at him right now. She couldn’t do it without seeing Jean’s snake like arms around him. So she sat there staring out at the ocean, thinking about how nice it would be to just run away. But she couldn’t.

“I know what it feels like...” a voice she didn’t expect started. “Except I’m the jealous type, so it’s much worse.” His voice sounded almost humorous and she glanced beside her to see Scott sitting there.

She sighed looking straight forward again closing her eyes. “I don’t get jealous.” She muttered under her breath. “I just get confused.”

Scott glanced over at her, but she couldn’t tell where his eyes were looking because of his sunglasses. “Confused about what?” he asked, truly interested.

Rogue shrugged slowly, letting her legs down and touching the floor with them again. She pressed her palms against the wood on both sides of her hips till it hurt. “Why I’m not enough.” She admitted.

“Ah,” Scott understood and thought about it for a while. “So you blame yourself for someone else’s actions?”
She hadn’t thought about it that way. “I suppose so.” She murmured.

He took a deep breath and turned towards her, leaning against the fence. “Look, I used to worry about Jean and Wolverine all the time.” He leaned his head back and looked up at the gazebo’s ceiling. “They used to have something. They’ll always be close. It’s just something I’ll have to deal with.”

Rogue didn’t want to tell him what she had seen because she knew it would hurt him as much as it was hurting her. It wasn’t much, but the way she was looking at him. It had been like a anaconda looking at its prey that it was about to take control of.

“I’m fine Scott. Really.” She lied carefully, an easy assurance. “It just surprised me. I’ll be good. I promise.”
He smiled at her. It was just a curl at the corner of his mouth. He patted her on the back as he got up and started to walk back to the mansion.

“It’ll turn out fine.” He insisted. “You two have tons of time to make it work.”
Whoops by Ransom99
Rogue took every step up the stairs slowly. One at a time. She felt like an idiot, knowing that she and Logan weren’t going out tonight, and she had gone and dolled herself up like a fool. Now she just looked pathetic. She finally reached the top of the stairs and looked down the hall. It had never looked so short.

The paintings along the corridor stared at her as she walked down towards her room. She had made it there in a too short amount of time. She had no idea what she was going to say. Because she believe what had happened was her fault. She set her hand on the doorknob. There was no turning back now. He would know that she was there.

Rogue walked through the door, past the small table at the entrance. She saw her gloves and put them on. They made her feel a little bit better. The warmth in them was comforting. It made her feel safe.

Logan was sitting on the ground leaning against the bed holding one of her books. It was the Greek Myth classics, and he was flipping through the pages and reading what she had written in pencil beside the literature. There were sticky notes throughout the book, marking her favourite parts and short stories. He didn’t look up at her when she walked in. But he spoke. “You write what you think in your books?”

Rogue took a deep breath. “What I think, what they mean, what other meanings could be there, favourite lines, repetition, metaphors... and theories about another way the story could have ended.” She said slowly as she walked over and sat down beside him. He still didn’t look at her.

“You really like to read huh?” he murmured.
“Yes.” She answered, trying to keep her voice steady.

He nodded slowly, setting down the book on top of another pile of her books he had been looking at. He rubbed his face with his hands. “What you saw...” he murmured. “I would never...”

“I know.” She interrupted him. She sighed as she tried to put this behind her, never wanting to think about it again. “You make mistakes sometimes Logan but you aren’t stupid.”

Logan chuckled mildly, but not for long. “I wouldn’t fool around on you Marie.”

She nodded her eyes on the floor. “But you didn’t tell me about the history you had with her.” She murmured. When he glanced over at her, with anger in her eyes she cringed slightly and continued. “I know it’s silly Logan but she just rubs me the wrong way... and I’m not going to try to convince you of what she’s trying to do, but I just plain old don’t like her.”

“You’re gonna have to put up with her Marie.” He muttered. She was smart enough to detect that dangerous tone in his voice. “I don’t see any reason why I should have to give up a friend because you’re being paranoid.”

Anger began to course through her and she stood up immediately. “Paranoid?” she hissed angrily. “You must be blind because I’m cannot be the only one who sees the way she looks at you.”

“Wow Marie,” he growled standing up, he had a full foot of height on her. “I sure do mark ‘em wrong sometimes. I never would have thought you the jealous type.”

Fire sparked in her eyes. “I’m not jealous Logan. I am just done pretending she doesn’t bother me.”

“You think I didn’t talk to you about my relationship with her because it isn’t done yet?” he demanded, getting angrier. There wasn’t a hint of sympathy in his voice as he towered over her.

“No,” she yelled up at him. “I think you didn’t want to talk about it because you still have feelings for her!” she screamed. “You could have just told me Logan! It’s not like I’m hiding something from you!”

“Oh here we go.” He shouted, glad the window wasn’t open. “You’re not hiding anything from me?” he demanded. “How about the fact that you used to date bucket head huh?” His voice echoed around their room. “You honestly believe that I don’t think about that? Especially when you duck around the subject of him all the time?”

“They have nothing in common!” she screamed at him. “I stay the fuck away from him! You don’t catch me flirting with him in the TV room for everyone to see!”

“So you don’t believe that there’s nothing between us.” He growled. “Fine. But if you don’t damn well know that I would never cheat on you then you don’t know me!”

Rogue grabbed her black leather jacket and pulled it on heading for the door. “I know more about you than you do asshole!” she yelled at him as she opened the door. She turned around “I have more of your memories than you!” And she slammed the door behind her.

Rogue trudged down the stairs towards the door not bothering to look back because she knew he wouldn’t follow her after what she had said. He was sensitive about his memories. And she should have known better than to poke at that. There was something about his past that made him feel small. When it came to his memories, he felt lost and alone. It always made him wonder who he was, why he was doing everything he was doing, and how it had gotten to this point. Rogue felt horrible for using that against him, but she had wanted to make him hurt as much as he hurt her.

Frustrated she left the mansion, getting on the black motorcycle that the professor had bought her as a home warming gift, even though she could have bought herself one. She hadn’t used it till now, but she knew how to ride one thanks to Logan.

He hadn’t taught her. It was an ability she had acquired.

Rogue rode for a long time, just feeling the wind rush over her. He helmet hid her face which she liked. The glass that covered her eyes was tinted. Since it was dark, she lifted it. Finally she had no idea how long she had been driving for, so she pulled over at the next bar she saw. It wasn’t like she could get drunk now because of Logan’s stupid ability that would heal her liver immediately.

She walked up to the bar, pulling off her helmet. Just a beer would do it for now, but she was just getting started. He handed her the big glass and she reached into her jacket pocket, pulling out her wallet before someone was beside her handing the bartender money. “This one’s on me.” He growled with a dark smile. Rogue picked up the cup and took a big gulp. He grinned at her. “You’re looking nice. Special occasion?”

“Not now.” She pleaded. “I’m not in the mood Sabre-tooth.”

She had forgotten how much he looked like his brother, similar facial hair and the same eyes. But he had a close cut haircut. Must be easier to deal with. “My name is Viktor.” She glanced over at him and nodded. When she didn’t say anything else he continued. “I’m just curious what you’re doing out.” He murmured. “I thought you had plans.”

Rogue ignored his taunting tone. “Plans change.”

He smiled. “Have a fight?”
“What do you want?” she sighed.

“Nothing at all.” He told her, wrapping one hand around his beer. “Just join me for a drink?” he gestured to the empty booth in the far corner. “You can tell me ‘bout yur boy troubles.” He grinned, incorrigible.

Rogue found herself sitting at the table with Viktor, something she never thought she would end up doing in a million years. She had always thought he was too flirtatious and was constantly disappearing. She pressed her forehead against one palm closing her eyes. They had been talking for a long while. “I just don’t see what’s appealing about her.”

Viktor laughed at her tone, filled with pure annoyance and clear envy. “Jean has that certain element that every guy likes.” He explained calmly taking a swig of his beer.

“And that is?” Rogue pressed.
He shrugged. “Every time she talks, it seems like she wants to sleep with you.”

Viktor grinned when he heard her teeth lock together angrily. She was beginning to get tired, a bit woozy even, from the drinks. “You mean she acts like a slut?” She qualified.

He shook his head. “Call it what you want. Don’t really care. One way or another, she just has that vibe.” He glanced over at a nearby waitress as she passed by and then looked back at Rogue who was staring down at the table scowling. “You on the other hand, give off the vibe like you’re in pain constantly and you’ll hit anyone who touches you.”

Rogue realized it then, finishing her drink, not willing to admit she was getting drunk. “You mean scent.” She said glaring at him for not letting her in on the secret. “You mean that she gives off the scent of arousal rather than my scent of distaste and annoyance.”

“I’m guessing Logan shared this with you.” He said pushing another drink towards her.

She took it and glanced at the window, it was pitch black outside now. Nearly 1:00 am. But she nodded. “Yes, this was explained.” She sighed. “So you think that he likes her too?”

Viktor froze, holding the bottle to his lips at her question. He set it down and looked in her eyes a moment, like he was searching for something before he took a deep breath. “A guy can appreciate a body without actually being into it.” He shrugged. “She’s got nothing on you though.”

“You’re just saying that ‘cause you’re drunk.” She hissed, pointing at him and stumbling over her words slightly. She took a big gulp of her drink. How many of these had she had now?

He rolled his eyes. “I can’t get drunk.”
“Well I can’t either.” She replied easily with a smile.

She saw his eyebrows pulling together out of confusion and amusement. “And why is that?”
Rogue shrugged with a guilty smile. “well, ‘apparently, I got a good dose of Logan and now I can heal just like him.” She grinned holding up her drink to cheers with him, and he clinked his bottle against hers as he thought about that. “And you.” She laughed.

He nodded before he glanced up at the clock and his jaw tensed. “Hey, don’t you think you should be heading home?” he murmured slowly. She looked up at the time and sighed. He smiled at her. “I can stay out all night. But you could get in trouble.”

Rogue groaned. “I can’t believe I’m drunk... isn’t that impossible?”
Viktor grinned darkly, finishing what was left of his drink. “Nothing’s impossible.”

She sighed. “Ah’d better go,” she said, grabbing her jacket off the seat beside her and pulling it on. She reached into the pocket and pulled out her wallet.

Viktor rolled his eyes and pushed her hands away. “Come on,” he muttered. “You think I’ll let you pick up the tab?” he laughed. “You don’t make money the easy way anymore.”

“Thanks,” she muttered getting up and stumbling slightly. “Wow. I... have not been this tipsy in a while.”
He grabbed her arm to keep her from falling over. “It’s good to cut loose once in a while.”

Rogue laughed slightly. “Not this loose.” She muttered. “I shouldn’t be this drunk... Logan can’t get drunk...” She told him as they walked out of the bar as she pulled out the keys to her bike and grabbing her helmet to pull it on.

“Woah there girlie. Wait a sec.” He pulled her away from her bike. “You think I’m gonna let you drive like this?”
“I’m fine Viktor. Just one too many. I’ll survive.” She pulled away from him trying to get on again.

“Don’t be an idiot Rogue. I’ll drive you.” He murmured.
“But my bike...” she said quietly.

He rolled his eyes and walked over, picking it up and putting it in the back of his truck like it was a small bookshelf. “Wow.” Rogue murmured in admiration.

Viktor chuckled as he took her hand and pulled her towards the passenger side. He opened the door and picked her up, placing her on the seat like a kid.

“Hey, hey, hey. Stop that!” she hissed. “I can do it myself.” He held his hands up in surrender before she glared at him. “Why wouldn’t you try anything with me?” she asked.

Viktor raised an eyebrow and gave her a look. “Try anything?” he repeated. “You mean like try to take you home?” he closed her door and walked around, getting into the driver’s seat. “I suppose any other girl I might.” He admitted. “But really? I think you would kill me if I did. So I’d rather just place nice.”

Rogue thought about it a moment, before she knew it she agreed. “Good answer.” She murmured.
He rolled his eyes at her. “Besides, pissing Logan off? Fun as it would be, ain’t a good idea.”

They drove in mostly silence for the ride home while Rogue played with the radio. She leaned back once she found one playing a song she didn’t hate. She took a deep breath, beginning to sober up. “Why aren’t you as drunk as I am?”

There was a look of concern in his eyes before he finally looked calm again and answered. “There’s our size difference, there’s the fact I’ve had this healing thing a lot longer than you have. And your ability is second hand inherited. It’s possible it has its defects.”

The pulled up in front of the mansion. All the lights were off and it didn’t look like anyone was away. Since it was almost 2 in the morning that made sense. They got out of the car and he picked up her bike setting it down next to her. Rogue glanced over the bike at Viktor who was staring at her, there was something new in his eyes. “Thanks.” She said finally. “For the ride.”

He nodded. “No problem at all.”
Rogue was about to go on her way before she glanced back at him, and took a step closer. For just a moment she wasn’t thinking. And she leaned towards him and gently pressed her lips against his. It only took a moment for him to start leaning into her, but with restraint. There was hesitation in her and he sensed it, but didn’t want to stop. Finally—but suddenly she pulled away from him.

She stared down at the ground, trying to understand what had happened but she wanted to pretend it hadn’t happened at all. She grabbed the handles of the bike and started to walk away, too embarrassed to look back.

Viktor leaned against his truck with a smile on his face. It wouldn’t be long now. But both of them said the same thing.

“Whoops.”
Betrayal by Ransom99
Rogue stumbled up the stairs, one hand pressed against the wall of the dark corridor at all times, worried that she would fall down. It didn’t make sense. She couldn’t be drunk. But all that she wanted now was to simply have this fight with Logan done and over with. She was ready to apologize. She just wanted things... good between them again. She pressed her free hand against the side of her face as she approached the hallway with her dorm room. No doubt he could already hear her coming.

All the lights were out. There was no one in sight. She relied solely on the extra instincts Logan had given her as she dragged herself across the floor, feeling like she was going to fall down and pass out there any moment. Weak now too? Unbelievable.

But there was a serious decrease in strength. There was nothing. There was relief, but she also felt alone. There was no one with her. In haste, she placed her hand on the cold doorknob and turned.

He had left it open... that was sweet of him, considering what she had said.

Rogue lifted her eyes to him, sitting on the bed with just one small light on. She could see him with his elbows rested on his knees and his head in his hands. She had only stood at the door for a moment before his head shot up and he looked at her, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

“Where were you.” His tone was more demanding than it was questioning. It launched a fear into the core of her body.

“I was... uh...” She mumbled, in attempts to collect her thoughts. There was nothing she could say now.
She heard him inhale, and closed her eyes guiltily. Uh oh.

“You were with Viktor.” Annoyance coloured his tone. But fury entered his final word. “Why.”

“I was just...” she began, but she couldn’t think. She couldn’t grasp onto words. Her mind was clouded.
“Tell me why Rogue.” The way he said her name, he hadn’t said it like that since they were enemies. That darkness flooding his words. “What exactly were you doing with my brother?”

“I ran into him at the bar I went to.” Rogue stumbled over her words, trying to make sense of what she was saying. Dazing in and out of the conversation as dizziness took over her, and she swayed where she stood. She felt anger slipping through her, yet there was no power trying to escape. She was too exhausted to notice, but Logan stood up, walking towards her. “I went out to celebrate and when I got tipsy he offered me a ride home. Happy?”

“Happy?” he repeated, blankly as he stepped closer to her and looked her in the eyes. “No.” He stared down at her, his eyes challenging, smouldering. For just one brief moment, he leaned in and kissed her hard, like he was searching for something. His arms wrapped around her, holding her tight like he didn’t want to let go. Out of confusion she didn’t object. It was possibly his attempt at making things better. But whatever he was looking for, he didn’t like what he found.

When he pulled away his eyes were beyond anger. They were unidentifiable. The pain and frustration through him was an understatement of what he was feeling. “That’s what I thought.” He grabbed his jacket off the coat hanger gripping the door handle he ripped it open. As she closed his eyes, she heard the sound of his claws coming out.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, knowing that he knew what she had done.” When he didn’t answer her she grew more nervous, but started to feel more and more weak as she fought the urge to crumple onto the floor. “Where are you going?” Rogue shrieked weakly.

“Out.” He answered. When his hand left the handle there was indents of his fingers in the metal.

“No! Please Logan stop, let’s talk.” She called after him desperately.
“Talk about what exactly?” he demanded walking towards her and getting too close. “That you’re incapable of being faithful? That you don’t trust anyone no matter how much they love you?” he shook his head talking a couple steps away before glancing back at her. “I never questioned you about your relationship with Magneto, Rogue. Never till today. Because I wanted to respect your privacy. You’ll never know how much I have done just to try to make you feel the least bit at home!”

His voice was growing more and more unsteady as he worked in an endless and useless effort to stay calm. “Of course I have questions but I had that weird thought in my head that you would come to me when you were ready. But you will never be ready, will you? You’ll never have the capacity of loving someone and you’ll never be a good person.”

The door slammed, startling her enough to make her jump. But she could barely stand now, and dropped down her hands and knees, breathing heavily. What was happening?

Rogue felt the strength seeping out of her, the gravity getting stronger against her as she tried to stay up. Dizziness swept through her. Nausea. Light headed. She felt like she was going to pass out. Drinks had never had this affect on her. On her hands and knees she heard something and tried to look up, only to see the silhouette of someone at the window.

“Viktor,” she whispered weakly. “What did you do to me?”

As he walked closer to her calmly, unthreatened, he kneeled down so he was closer to her height. “Nothing that isn’t worth it.”

He took her hands in his, bringing her weakly to her feet and pulling off her gloves. He dropped them on the floor and held her bare hands in his. “I trusted you...” she whispered.

She stared down at them numbly, sleepy, not comprehending. Out of anger, she pushed at her absorption to do as much as possible, but nothing happened. Out of fear she glanced up to his smile. “It’s nothing personal.” He told her. She knew that he was only at the beginning of his speech, but her legs buckled under her and she fell into his arms.

“I thought that you...” she breathed deeply, unable to carry a thought now. “That you cared about me...”
“You’re in my top ten. Always have been.” He smiled. Rogue heard him laugh as she closed her eyes. “The reason I left Magneto was because he wasn’t helping my cause.” He explained. “That in particular is something you can help me with.” He grinned.

She sucked in a breath, using her last bit of energy. “Logan...” she whispered.

With that Rogue was knocked out. A powerful drug that numbed all the senses making her powers dull an unusable. Viktor carried her out the window, with his surprisingly gentle arms around her. As he landed on the ground he glanced back only once and peered into the kitchen.

There he saw someone looking out the window but continued on.

Jean took another sip of her water as she stared out the window at Sabre-tooth carrying Rogue away. She continued to watch before she saw the camera he was about to walk in front of. A flick of her fingers broke the lens and he disappeared into the darkness. “Whoops.” She muttered turning around with a smile.

She saw Scott at the entrance way to the kitchen looking at her. “Anything going on out there?” He asked.
Jean shook her head. “No.”

There was a silence as sabre-tooth disappeared into the night.

***Meanwhile***

Logan had pulled his motorbike off to the side of the road, just sitting there on the side of it. At this time it was simply quiet. There was no cars passing him by on this empty back road. All there was, was his thoughts. Unfortunately, they weren’t ones that he wanted to think about.

His brother had always made it clear that there was a burning and never ending hatred towards him. He couldn’t be reasoned with. He couldn’t be talked out of it. There was a sense of revenge he supposed. The betrayal. The abandonment. But there was nothing he could do about it now.

Rogue however, he had trusted. But she had gone to Viktor. He still hadn’t gotten the full story. But how could he not assume the worst? All that he knew for sure was that Viktor had gotten close enough to her that she was engulfed in his scent. And he couldn’t stand it.

They had kissed too. He knew that from when he kissed her himself.

He didn’t assume the worst, but the thought worried him. If that was they case, they wouldn’t get through this.

It was when he had finally made his way home that he had made his decision. There was no turning back now. He was past the point of no return when it came to Rogue.

He made his way into the kitchen to grab a beer before he would go to his room to speak to her. In the kitchen waiting patiently, despite the fact it was nearly four AM. Was Jean. He smiled at her, sitting there with a camomile tea. “Can’t sleep?” he inquired opening the fridge.

Jean smiled, that cute slight curl of the lip of hers. Her hair neatly fell down her shoulders. Always perfect with that gentle tint of red in the right lighting. “Nope.” She answered. “You?”

“You could say that.” He murmured opening his beer.
She stirred her tea before her eyes shot back up to his, penetrating. “Sometimes you need a break Logan, from all the things that are normally around.”

He walked over and leaned against the counter that she was at. “Having boy troubles Jeanie?”
She rolled her eyes with a delicate smile, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she got up and sat down on the counter so that her leg brushed against his bicep. “Boredom more so.”

“Boredom.” He repeated. There was something he never had with Rogue.
She nodded. “How about you?” she said sweetly. “How are things with Rogue?”

He glanced towards her, only to realize that she was far closer than he thought, he was about to pull away from her but she reached out and took his hand. “Are they good Logan?”

Logan stared down at her hand intertwined into his and felt a sudden slam of loss. He was only focused on that for a moment before he looked out the window and saw the school’s surveillance camera smashed and on the ground.

“What happened there?” he asked, pulling away only slightly and trying to look closer.

“Probably some of the kids broke it. We can fix it tomorrow.” She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pressing her chest against his back and rubbing her head against his.

He pulled her off of him, completely unaware of what she was trying to do. He glanced back out the window before he walked towards the door. “I’m going to go check on Rogue.” When Logan glanced back at Jean she was sitting on the counter, a bitter expression on her face as she examined her fingernails.

“She isn’t up there.” She muttered.
“What?” he demanded. “Where is she?”
“I thought she was with you.” Jean told him with a smile before leaving the kitchen.

Logan’s heart beat fiercely with worry and annoyance as he rushed to his bedroom, to find that she was not there. But he knew someone else had been in here...

Viktor.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3673