A Thousand Years by Hopeless0Nerd
Summary: Logan's back to the mansion, Rogue is back to swooning over him, .. and another enemy is back to claim a prize.
Categories: X2, X1 Characters: None
Genres: Adult
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Spellchecked
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 1694 Read: 15181 Published: 03/09/2012 Updated: 03/15/2012

1. Chapter 1 by Hopeless0Nerd

2. Chapter 2 by Hopeless0Nerd

3. Chapter 3 by Hopeless0Nerd

4. Chapter 4 by Hopeless0Nerd

Chapter 1 by Hopeless0Nerd
Author's Notes:
Starting off a little slow, but don't worry, I'll bring it up.
She was perfect. Always was, the most perfect thing I’ve ever laid my eyes on. No matter what she could ever argue, my thoughts would never change. I’ll probably go to hell for even thinking this, but I wanted her to be mine. ALL mine. My girl, my possession. My property.

Oh well, it’s not like I haven’t been to hell and back before.

I can still remember the first time I laid eyes on her. In a bar. After my fighting. She was just a random girl, hitchhiker, of whom I really didn’t care about.

I can remember the first time I spoke with her. I kicked her out of my trailer, and almost left her for dead. Pretty fucking glad now that I didn’t.

I can remember the first time she touched me..
And almost killed me.

And it was time to go see her again, for the first time in a year and a half.
This time I’d stay.
My hands were shaking.
Chapter 2 by Hopeless0Nerd
Pulling into the driveway of the mansion, I thought I was going to pass out. But something else took over me as I parked the bike and opened the front door to the mansion. I scanned what I could see, and there was no sign of her. Or anyone for that matter. “Logan.” Storm stepped down the stairs gracefully. “Hey Ro. How you holdin’ up?” She shrugged, “Not too shabby. How are you Logan?” I shifted my bags weight to my other shoulder, “Keeping together. Thought I’d come back and…” Scott entered the room, and glared at me through his glasses, “Join the team.” I heard him scoff. “So, where exactly is everyone?” Storm looked behind her, through the windows, “During nice weather, they go outside and enjoy it.” I nodded, “Ahh. Well don’t be hostile, show me to my room?” Storm laughed, and led me upstairs.

“Hope it’s accommodating.” Storm said as she opened the door.

“I figured you’d just put me back in my old room.”

She scanned the large room, “That one’s taken. Not long after you left, we aquired a new member of the team.” “Oh,” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “His names Gambit. Picked him up in New Orleans not too long after you took off.” She walked over to the window and glanced out, “You’ve missed a lot.” I stepped over and looked, too. I saw a very familiar body, although taller, will long dark hair, and short gloves on, revealing shining skin. She looked to her side, and a white streak of hair blew in the wind. It was her. And she was smiling, holding hands with a taller boy, with reddish hair. “That’s Gambit.” Storm said. She always knew exactly what I was thinking, and she wasn’t even a damn telepath.
Chapter 3 by Hopeless0Nerd
We walked back down and out to the courtyard, where all the children were prancing and playing. I kept my eye on her as I stepped over to the patio to take a seat.
Then she saw me.

Before I knew it, she was standing right in front of me, with a giant, gleaming smile on her face.
“Long time no see,” she said, and held out her arms. I stood up and wrapped mine around her, taking in her new, different, scent, and realizing I was touching her skin. As we pulled apart, she noticed my attention to it. “Yeah, I’m able to control it now.” She looked back in my eyes, and I could see she was very proud of that.
“Lookin’ good, kid.”
She chuckled, “I’m not a kid anymore, Logan. It’s been a good year since ya seen me.” Mm, I’ve missed that southern accent so much. I was afraid it would wear off. “Very true.” I took a long look at the boy she had been standing by, “Who’s the bub?” Of course I already knew, and I was pretty damn sure she knew that too. She glanced over at him, and back to me, “His name is Remy. Or Gambit.” I nodded, but he already seemed to rub me the wrong way. “What’s he do?”
“In a nutshell, he can move things with his mind. There’s a little more complexity to it, but I don’t like explaining it.” She shrugged like it was nothing.
“Still got nothin’ on me.”

Rogue snapped her head at me, “What was that?” Oh, I actually said those words aloud? Woops. “Do you consider him competition, Professor Logan?” She had a slight smirk on her face. I shook my head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

It was late, and time for a beer. Everyone in the mansion was fast asleep, so I crept down to the kitchen. I raided the fridge, cupboards, everything. “There’s never any beer.”
“This is a school.”
I jumped, and turned to see IceBoy sitting at the counter. “Whoa, Déjà vu.” I laughed. IceDick nodded. “Well boy, how ya been?” He shrugged, looking down his cup. I remember when Bobby was her beau. They seemed to click from the start. I knew he knew of her feelings for me. I wondered if he knew of anything else about her, maybe even about this Remy dude.
“How’s the team?”
Right, keep it general. Don’t give away my cover. He swirled his cup and muttered, “Good.” I put my hands on the counter, and lowered my head to look at his face. “You cryin’ kid?” He shot up, “No! Jesus Christ man, I’m tired!” My eyes followed him, but I didn’t flinch, “Calm down, kid. I was just playin’.” He let out a breath, “Sorry. I’ve been on edge.”
“PMS-ing?” Shouldn’t have said that.
“First night back, and you think you can make smart ass remarks?”
Alright, now I was laughing.
End Notes:
I hated cutting it in the middle of a conversation/scene, but I didn't want it to get too long. Let me know how it's going!
Chapter 4 by Hopeless0Nerd
Author's Notes:
I switched perspectives. I know it's a little slow going, but we need to know all the characters before this goes anywhere important.
“Lighten up, kid. Just tryin’ to have a laugh.”
He scoffed, and then finally looked up, “Kinda hard to have a laugh when your heart’s ripped in two.” Oh shit, here we go. “And what caused this?”
“Probably the same person who you came back to see.”

ROGUE

Just as things were becoming perfect for me. Of course, he had to come back and ruin it.

Well, I never said I didn’t like it.

It felt so good to see his face again, smell his shirt, feel his warmth.



“Coming to bed, babe?”
Remy was already in bed, waiting for me. Now I felt guilty, getting in bed with him, while the only man on my mind was Logan.

Of course he’s going to fuck this all up.

I opened the door, turned off the bathroom light, and climbed into bed. “Mm, baby why so tense?” He started to rub my back that was turned to him. I had barely heard him, “Hmm?” He tugged on my shoulder, hinting for me to turn to him. “Baby, do we need to leave?” This caused me to turn and face him, giving him a puzzling look. “Come on baby, we can’t just live here forever.” “Remy, I’m in no hurry to leave this place. You know that.” He nodded, “I know baby, I know. You love the kids, the teachers, the building. Hell, I’m pretty sure you love the flowers and trees too. But what happens when we want to expand? Have kids? Our own place?”
What was he thinking? We’ve never talked about our future before.
“Why all the sudden talk about our future? Sugah, I thought we agreed to take it slow. We’re young.” He let out a huge breath, and kissed me, “You frustrate me so much Rogue.”

Rogue.
“Night, Remy.” I turned my back to him again, and closed my eyes.

I woke up the next morning, and Remy wasn’t there. I stepped carefully to the bathroom to shower, and found his note.

Off to the city for the day. Sorry about last night, see you when I get back, should be soon.
Remy.

Like every other obsessed, in love girlfriend, I should be upset. Depressed. Sad, that my boyfriend wasn’t near.

But I wasn’t.
I was relieved. This gave me time to go catch up with Logan. To see how he’s really been, how his trip was, and if he had a girl on a leash yet. I got myself ready and clothed, and walked down to the main room. “Morning, Rogue.”
“Hey Storm. Where’s Logan?”
“Who cares.” Scott. I shot him a dirty look, but he wasn’t looking at me. Of course he was going to be a pain in the ass.
“Rogue, I think he’s out in the garage.” “Thanks.”

Truth be told, there he was working on the bike. HIS bike. It wasn’t the same bike he left with. I opened the door, and his head shot up. “Er, hey. Sorry, did I disturb ya?” He jumped up and wiped his hands off, “No, no. Just workin’ on this ole bike. ’48 Panhead, traded it with the one I had to an old man in Canada. Nice, huh?”
Like I knew stuff about motorcycles! I nodded absentmindedly, “Yeah, very cool. How was your trip?” Logan just stared at his bike, “Not as helpful as I would have liked. But, I’m done with the past. After all, it is the past, isn’t it?” He smirked at me.

Did he really mean it like that?

He pulled up a stool for me, and sat back down on his bucket, “How ya been, darlin’?” “Didn’t we already have this discussion yesterday?”
Logan chuckled once, and looked down, playing with his rag, “You’re right. Skip the boring stuff.”
“So, meet anyone new?” He eyed me after I asked that question, but it was one of my most important ones. “Why you askin’?” I shrugged, “Curiousity.”
He had a thoughtful look on his face. I knew he was thinking of the right words to say. “Nope.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3955