A Very Scary Situation by shadow_witch_orchid
Summary: No redeaming qualities. Was my knee-jerk reaction to the horror of Emo!Wolive in X3. Many apologies...
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 938 Read: 1257 Published: 01/18/2007 Updated: 01/18/2007

1. by shadow_witch_orchid

by shadow_witch_orchid
“I’m gonna hurl.”

“What’s wrong Scott? Are you sick?” Jean asked sympathetically.

“I wish,” Scott replied, with a hint of disgust. “ It’s Logan. He’s in the garden – and he’s doing *it* again.”

The couple exchanged a significant look.

“Where’s Rogue – you know she is the only one who can get through to him when he is like this. What set him off this time anyway?”

“Oh who the hell knows, probably ran out of beer or something. He scared a couple of students who were out there. I think they’ll need therapy.”

“I think we all will Scott,” Jean lowered her voice and whispered, “It creeps me out when he is like this. Remember to lock our door tonight – ok honey?”

“Screw the lock – I say we push the armoire in front of it. No getting through that thing,” he hesitated, “Maybe we should sleep in shifts too, just in case…”

“Seriously, we need to find Rogue, this is getting out of hand.”

Scott nodded, “I feel bad for sending her out there to face him alone but what else can we do?”

Jean closed her eyes and concentrated, “She’s in the library. Hurry Scott.”

-----------------------------------

Rogue was curled up in a leather wingback armchair relaxing and reading a book for one of her college classes when Scott burst in and strode briskly to her side. She started to smile up at him but then froze at the serious expression on his face.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Logan,” he replied succinctly.

A concerned look crossed her expressive features. “Again?”

“It’s the fifth time this week Rogue. What the hell is wrong with him?”

Rogue’s shoulders slumped in defeat, “Ah don’t know Scott, but I’m afraid it’s getting worse. I’ll see what I can do. Where is he?”

“The garden,” He replied, relieved not to have to go deal with the feral mutant himself. “Thanks Rogue. Be careful, and call if you need backup.”

She simply nodded as she rose gracefully to her feet and headed outside. Steeling herself for what she was about to face she turned the corner of the building and came to a horrified stop. Logan was kneeling in the grass, head in his hands, rocking slowly back and forth.

“Hey sugar.” She said softly so as not to startle him.

Logan only curled further in on himself and ground out, “I’m not in the mood Marie.”

“I don’t really care. You’re scaring the hell out of everyone. This has to stop.”

“I can’t help it!” He practically wailed, “I just…”

“Just what sugar? You know you can trust me. Just tell me what’s got you so upset.”

Logan sniffed a few times and shook his head stubbornly. “No.”

The weeks of dealing with his moods finally made her snap. She couldn’t do it anymore. “Dammit Logan! I’m going to kick your ass if you don’t knock this shit off.” His tear stained face looked up at her shocked. “Stop crying right now goddammit! You’re a bigger pansy than Scott! All you do anymore is wander around crying! It makes me sick. You’re the Wolverine for Christ sake!”

“See! See that’s it right there, you’re just like the rest of them, I have feelings too you know!” A big tear trailed down his cheek seemingly in support of his words. Rogue could only gape at him in abject horror. “I’m not just a cage fighting badass – I thought you knew me better than that. Everyone else just thinks that I’m this big, manly loner but I thought you understood.”

Rogue stood frozen, unable to formulate a response. She couldn’t even run away from the scene before her. She would have nightmares for sure tonight, and Logan wasn’t through.

“I really just want to settle down, maybe learn to knit, or cook, or give manicures or something - I think I could be really good at that. But no… it is always kill this, beat up that, fight this guy.” He gave her a pained look, “Marie, all that blood, it just makes me sick.”

Rogue tried to steady her breathing. This couldn’t get any worse.

“Logan…” She started but couldn’t get the words out. Maybe there were no words. She tried again. “Ok, ok look. I get that – I really do. But why do you have to keep breaking down in tears all over the school? Why?”

“I was just thinking, you know, about everything that’s happened. It’s all so sad. I mean, war man, wow.”

Holy crap, there was nothing else to do, she was just going to have to touch him and put him out of his misery. She just couldn’t handle seeing him bawl at the drop of a hat. Rogue had just started to slowly peel a glove down her arm when he spoke again.

“You know,” he said, suddenly deadly sober, “You know, I’ve been giving serious thought to getting a cat.”

She shuddered, abruptly pulling her glove back up. God only knew what effect his current mental state would have on her psyche. No way did she want him in her head again. No. Freaking. Way. She found her feet again and began to back away from him. She turned and ran when he called out, “Do maybe want to go to the mall with me later? We could go shoe shopping and talk about our feelings some more. Marie? Hello?”


-fin-
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=549