Almost Happy by Arachan
Summary: Logan and Marie reflect on why they care about each other.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 160 Read: 1616 Published: 07/05/2001 Updated: 07/05/2001

1. Chapter 1 by Arachan

Chapter 1 by Arachan
Author's Notes:
It's 12:50am, I have a painful blue eye (don't ask) that really should not be staring at a computer screen and I didn't get much sleep this weekend. This fic originated from something a whole lot bigger but I needed something short to take my mind off the long "Remember To Be Nice" fic I'm busy writing. Thanks to Hugh Jackman, whose pictures of him with and without Wolverine facial hair I can't stop drooling over, for inspiration ^^; Character death.
Logan came into Marie's life the same way he left: violently. The only difference was he had been protecting her on the way out. She missed him bad, so bad it hurt to think about him. Sometimes she'd lie in the loft where he'd sit in the summer, curled beneath cold leather and cry. Jean would find her there and they'd talk, about Logan, lover and almost-lover.

"Why him?"

"Ah dunno."

"You have to know."

"He saved mah life."

"Before that."

"Ah loved him."

The Southern belle who'd kill anyone with a touch, even the Wolverine. Fear had kept him away to begin with and then she nearly died and he'd touched her. It wasn't dangerous, for seconds: fleeting touches in the halls, stolen kisses in the loft. Almost lovers. Almost happy. Then he'd gone to swap his life for hers a second time.

Jean: "Why her?"

"I dunno."

"You know."

"I owe her."

"And?"

"I love her."

Almost happy.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=909