Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is pretty cute so hopefully you guys all like it!
“Where in the hell were you!” Scott Summers questioned Logan and Rogue as they dismounted the motorcycle.
“Who put a stick up your ass, one eye?” Logan asked him. Rogue took off her helmet and handed it to Logan who hung it up on a rack on the wall. Rogue was not afraid of getting in trouble with Scott. If anyone could get him to step off, it was Wolverine.

“We were worried sick What makes you think you can just take off with Rogue like that!” he bellowed.
“Look, I don’t know if you noticed but I’m a big boy and I can do whatever I want, when I want.”
“That’s fine Logan, go ahead and do whatever you want just don’t drag innocent minors along for the ride.”

Rogue stepped up to the plate to defend herself “Hey, I’m seventeen and hardly as childlike as you make me out to be.”
“You turn eighteen in a month. When you do become an adult, you can go. But till than, you follow the rules. Do you even realize how scared everyone had been that you were kidnaped?”
“By who? Magneto? I doubt he would try that again.” Logan replied. By this point, Cyclops was angry. He pushed Logan up against the wall “Listen, if you want to be the reckless asshole you’ve always been, that’s fine by me. But don’t expect me to save your sorry ass.”

With one firm push, Logan drew Scott away from him “I think I can take care of myself.”
Scott, who had forgotten Rogue was there, was embarrassed that someone had seen him lose his cool.
“You two, go to your rooms now.”

Logan muttered something sarcastically that sounded like “Well now that we have your permission.” As they walked down the hall together, Logan apologized for getting Rogue in trouble.
“Oh, it’s no problem,”,she said,”once I turn in my awesome poem tomorrow in his class, all will be forgiven.” Rogue smiled. They had reached the door to her room.
“Thank you for taking me for a ride.”
“Glad you enjoyed it. We came back to soon though.”
“We were out for three hours....”
“Oh.”
“But I think we should do it more often.”
“Do what???”
“Hang out. Together. A-A-Alone.”
“Sounds good.”
“Right.”
“Okay.”
“Good night.”

Absentmindedly, Rogue hugged Logan. He was too shocked to respond. Rogue took his shock as displeasure, so she backed away hurriedly in embarrassment and opened her door and went inside.
Kitty and Jubilee were asleep and Rogue was glad. She didn’t want to explain herself at the moment. All of the sudden the lights flicked on and she saw Jubilee’s head pop up and say “I hope you guys used protection.” Kitty laughed so hard that she fell off her bed. Rogue who was amazed at there “we’re fast asleep” trick, was now rolling on the ground laughing at Kitty.


XXX

The next day, Rogue was surprised to hear that Jubilee and Kitty had not alerted the school about she and Logan’s motorcycle ride. She had to remember to set Kitty and John up and get Jubilee an extra large grape slurpee from Seven-Eleven (don’t ask). When Rogue handed in her poem to Cyclops, he indeed heavily praised it and made her read it to the class. As always, Siryn cried and Bobby told her how great it was an uncountable amount of times.

During seventh period, Rogue had a study hall. She was dreading health class next period. If she heard one more thing about arteries or ligaments she knew she would pull her hair out. Her homework was done so she perused the books in the library. Logan was looking through all of the rooms in the mansion trying to find Rogue. He finally found her sitting on a windowsill, reading a book.

As he walked across the library, he felt the younger students fear of him.
“Hey.” he said to Rogue who was really into her book. She almost fell off the windowsill. Logan caught her arm and helped her regain her balance.
“God, Logan you scared me!”
“Wouldn’t be the first time I scared someone.”
“What’s wrong?” she asked.
“Nothing. But I want to show you something.”
“I can’t just blow off eighth period, as much as I want to.”
“I already spoke to Dr. Hair ball. He said I could take you out.”

Rogue was surprised that Logan actually had a plan. Whatever he wanted to show her must be important. He walked quickly out and only stopped to say “Well are you coming or not?”
She got up and quickly exited the library. He grabbed her hand and took her down some hallways that she had never seen before. When they reached a dead end, Logan pushed a panel of a wall down. The wooden wall slid away and chrome elevator doors opened.
“Wow, where does it go?”Rogue asked.
“You’ll see.”he replied cryptically.

As the elevator went down, Rogue asked Logan how he’d found it.
“I didn’t.” he said.
“Then who told you about it? It’s like pulling teeth getting an answer outta you.”
He laughed and he said “Chuck told me about it, he said I might need it.”
The elevator door opened and they were in a dark and (in Rogue’s opinion) spooky basement.
“Uhhh where are we?”
“Just wait.”
He led her up a small flight of stairs that was almost impossible to see. Logan pushed open the roof over their heads. They were in the middle of the forest on the X-Mansion grounds.
“Woah, cool trick Logan.”
“Yeah, but that’s not it. Come on, it’s a short walk from here.”

Rogue didn’t mind the walk. She loved nature and so did Logan. She liked the noise she and Logan’s footsteps made, she liked the smell of the slightly cold Autumn weather, and she liked the songs of the birds far away. They came to an area where the trees grew closer together. Logan walked in front of her to push the branches away. Rogue could see bright sunlight sifting through the dark branches. Once she made her way through the brush, she was awestruck by the beautiful sight before her. A beautiful lake was reflecting the colorful sky right before sunset.

“Do you like it?”he asked.
“Yes, I do.”

They found some boulders to sit on and relaxed as the sun disappeared behind the line of trees.

“So, is this our place?” Rogue asked.
“Sure, darlin’.” he said and leaned back on a rock.
“Darlin’?”, Rogue thought,”That’s new.”