Author's Chapter Notes:
In this chapter, they talk about Rogue's unusual dating life, Logan's past, and Rogue's writing talent. They are both becoming more comfortable with eachother but don't get to comfy with all fluffy stuff because there is twist next chapter!!!! (he he suspense)
Rogue slipped quietly out of class while everyone was still packing up. She didn’t want to be held up talking with her friends but mainly she couldn’t stand health class. Rogue always wondered why her health class wasn’t like the ones in movies where all they talk about is sex. At least that would be interesting.

She remembered her way to the elevator. As she walked down the hall, she joined Logan.
“Fancy seeing you here.” she said. He smiled in reply. The elevator ride and the passage through the basement seemed shorter to Rogue now that she knew where she was going. As they walked to their spot, Logan asked “I forgot to ask if One-eye liked your poem.”
“Oh, yeah. He did.” Rogue decided to act cryptic like Logan. She was tired of always holding up the conversation.

“Well, what was it about?”
“It was about a war and two people who were on the same side that fall in love. But one of them dies in battle and the best thing that person could do was to pick up their lover’s weapon and fight.”
“Isn’t that kind of...sad?”
“It’s supposed to be sad.” she said and grinned.
“Isn’t it supposed to be that the people are on different sides like, uh, Romeo and Julia.”
“You mean Romeo and Juliet?”
“Yeah that’s what I said.”

Rogue laughed and explained “I don’t like using the “star-crossed lovers” thing over and over.”
They reached there spot on the rocks where they sat down and stretched out.
“Do you ever rehearse the balcony scene with the little ice prick?” Wolverine said with a comic expression.
“You just don’t give up on that topic, do you?” she said amidst laughing.
“Curiosity gets the best of me.”
“Listen, I wish I could have a normal dating life. But sadly, it’s anything but typical.”
“Explain.”

An aghast Marie tripped over words. The words “poison skin” came to mind.



Before she could say anything Logan said “I don’t think your skin would be such a problem if the person loved you.”
“Love isn’t exactly on most male seventeen year old’s minds, Logan.”
“Than the way I see it, you’re better off.”
“I hope your joking.” Rogue said challengingly. She glared at him but he nochalantly leaned on his back and looked at her as if nothing was wrong.

“My power manifested the minute I had my first kiss. The professor said that mutants powers usually begin during periods of high emotional stress. I just wish I could have at least kissed someone before that day just to know and remember what it was like. It’s funny, but after the shock of the event I don’t even remember what it felt like. No one’s voice ever leaves my head. I can hear that boy from Meridian thinking about me. About that freak he kissed. That girl who put him in a coma and ran away to spare her parents the shame. How can I ever move on when my mind is like a ball and chain? But most importantly, how can you ever say that I am ‘better off’?”

“I’m sorry, I spoke to soon.” Logan said acknowledging his poor judgement on the issue.
“It’s alright. I probably shouldn’t have lectured you. You are an elder, even if you are one of my closest friends. By the way, how old are you?”
Logan laughed and replied“Well, Chuck said I could be anywhere from 35 to 100. Mutants with healing powers can live for a very long time.”
“Did he ever recover much of your past?”
“It’s hard to retrieve memories from someone who doesn’t remember a thing but he did happen to recover William Stryker’s file on me.”
“What did it say?” Rogue asked anxiously.

“ Unfortunately, it didn’t have much on my personal life but it said that I did sign up willingly for the project. I was offered a large sum of money for a mysterious government project for healing mutants. I suppose I was pressed for cash at the time so I bought the scam. I bet they didn’t say till I was strapped on the table that I wouldn’t remember anything, including the money. And of course I left before I could receive it.”
“I can imagine how horrible it must have been to wake up with metal in your fists and no memory.”
“Yeah...” Logan replied and stared into space for awhile. Rogue was quiet also and stared out unto the glistening lake. The days were getting shorter and the light was rapidly leaving.

“So, any other questions for me? Blood type? Country of origin?”
“Ha, ha smart ass. I am good for the night.”
“I’m starving. Let’s go to dinner.”
“Sounds good to me, sugar.”
“Sugar?” Logan thought “That’s new.”