"So basic self- defense and survival skills with the younger kids and combat and tactical with the older kids and X recruits. Anything else?" Wolverine drawled sarcastically, "Art class maybe?"

"How about poise and comportment?"

"You're a fuckin' riot Scooter, But I think you have Pansy 101 covered already."

Professor Xavier gave the two men a tolerant smile, "Interesting suggestions gentlemen, perhaps next semester." He looked around his office at the assembled X-Men. "If there is nothing else I will see you at dinner. Thank you."

With that clear dismissal Logan headed for the door and was halfway down the hall before Scott caught up with him.

"Logan." Scott called, "Wait up."

Rapidly approaching his Cyclops quotient for the day Logan opted for a pre-emptive strike. Looking past Scott to where Jean was approaching, he adopted his best leer and said with a wink, "Jeannie."

Scott ignored the jab," Seriously Logan, what do you think about co-teaching the mechanics class?"

*Oh fuck was he actually serious?* Logan took a hard look at him. *Shit he was.* Clearly evasive maneuvers were called for. Just then his sensitive ears picked up the sounds of three teenage girls coming down the stairs. It could only mean one thing. Marie. He was saved.

"Look I would love to stay and chat Cyke. Really. But I promised to help the kid out this afternoon." Logan willed Marie to play along. He caught her eye as she reached the bottom of the stairs. The kid knew what he was thinking better than he did himself half the time. *Please let this be one of those times.*

The young woman known as Rogue took in the situation at a glance. Logan looking half crazed and desperate, Scott clearly excited about something, and Jeans' serene countenance offset by the twinkle in her eye as she obviously tried not to laugh at the antics of the two men. Rogue shot Jean a wink as she asked Logan, "Hey sugah, are we still on?"

"YES!" Logan shouted only to have five pairs of incredulous eyes turn on him. Ignoring everyone he grabbed Maries arm and dragged her frantically toward the garage.

Marie couldn't resist a little teasing, "Wow Logan, I didn't know you were so eager to go to the mall."

"Yeah yeah you know me," he said distracted as he looked over his shoulder to make sure Scott wasn't following them. Breathing a sigh of relief as they reached the safety of the garage her comments finally caught up with his brain. "Wait what?"

She laughed at him, an increasingly regular occurrence in the weeks since he had returned from Alkali Lake. He really needed to look into that. "Ah was kidding Logan. You're free to steal Scott's bike an go drinking at the non-mall location of your choice."

He looked at her, "Get your cute ass on the bike Marie and stop sassing me."

She looked down and gave silent thanks that she was wearing jeans today. "Ok, just let me grab a jacket and I'll…"

Logan ears twitched as he heard Scott approaching the garage and gave a manly whimper. "No time!" He shrugged out of one of his own many jackets and slipped it around her shoulders and deftly crammed a nearby helmet on her head and tossed her bodily onto the bike. He quickly gunned the engine to life and roared off down the drive.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what horror was Scott trying to inflict on you today?" Marie asked companionably as she took a sip of her soda.

Logan had driven them to a nearby bar and even after downing several shots in quick succession was still twitchy and on edge.

"I don't know if I can do this kid," he admitted quietly.

"Logan." A wealth of comfort was contained in his name.

"I mean it. `this is a school Logan, no smoking in the house Logan, don't pop the claws in front of the students Logan' – and I only did that once by the way, it's not my fault your boyfriend is a total pansy ass scooter wannabe."

"Hey!"

"…All I did was tell that little shit to stay the fuck away from you. Don't know why…"

"Logan!" She stressed, trying to get a word in edgewise. "Bobby is not a `pansy.' And for the last time, he is not my boyfriend. Now are you going to tell me what Scott was on about today or not?"

Logan looked like he was going to be sick and whispered hoarsely, "He wants me to teach a mechanics class."

"So?"

"With *him*!"

She couldn't help it, she laughed in his face. Logan tried to think of the last time someone had the balls to laugh at him, and to his face no less. He growled impotently and wondered when exactly he had lost his edge. An unsuspecting bartender moved over to their table to see if they needed more drinks. Not relishing an interruption he barked out a terse, "Fuck off" without even looking at the man.

Which only made Rogue laugh harder.

He turned on her, "And you! Stop laughin' at me dammit!"

"Oh sugah, I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh but you're just too cute for words."

"You take that back!"

"Ok, ok. You're not cute."

"Damn straight."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Gonna spank your ass if you keep sassing me."

She stomped her foot under the table and gave an outraged gasp, "I meant about Scott!"

"You think I should spank Scooter?"

"I'm going to need therapy," Rogue groaned and buried her face in her hands. She sat up and pointed an accusing finger at his chest, "You're impossible."

He grinned unrepentantly, "I know."

"Do you want help or not."

"What ya got darlin'…"

-fin-