Author's Chapter Notes:
Part of the round robin. No beta, all mistakes are mine, aided and abetted by Benadryl.
I didn't exactly know what I was doing. I mean, Marie's always been soemone I could trust, you know? Somehow I never saw ice cream being that doorway from her being my platonic little mascot to being my own little temptress. I didn't even think I liked ice cream that much!

So why was I carting more Ben and Jerry's her way, Strawberry Cheesecake this time? Well, she wanted it, and since she somehow caught a cold from the freaky weather they have around here, and Ororo wouldn't interfere... I was playing the good guy.

I snuck into the rec room, her buried in blankets, watching her fingers toy with a strand of white. A smirk as I pulled up an ottoman to sit on, producing the Ben and Jerry's and a couple of spoons to a squeak of approval.

"Ya are the best, Logan. Swear." Her eyes were lit up as she grinned at me, licking a crumb of the graham cracker stuff off the spoon.

"Well, if you were paying attention you'd have known that long ago. But I'll let it slide, since you've introduced me to Ben and Jerry." This stuff was good. Like the real thing, just ice cream form. No wonder the girls around here sang their praises in squeals and sighs.

"Yeah well, everyone should know them, love them, and worship them." Said with a giggle, as she was putting fingers around the edge of the carton carefully, to scoop out another heaping spoonful. I ever mention watching Marie eat ice cream definitely notches up the blood pressure? Well, it does. Girl just has that edge to her.

She's eating away, I'm taking a spoonful every now and then, pondering her skin. She'd taken her gloves off as soon as I came in, it was one of our little rules. I didn't want her having to wear them all the time, and she gave in because she can't kill me. She's getting somewhere on control, but it's still spotty at best. Which, really, had only given the licking of the ice cream and such off of her an extra thrill. That and well.. she was Marie. It was getting harder to find enough excuses to touch her.

"You ever think about ice and freezin', kid?" I swallowed my sugary glob of ice cream, cleared my throat and tried again. " I mean, when your skin is cold, does it slow down?" Oh shit. Burying myself deeper.

Too late, she was looking at me, brown eyes wide, tongue licking at her lower lip as she shook her head. " Not really. Was too busy bein' covered up. " A shrug of her shoulders, before she leaned in to try and get another spoonful, letting it slide. I ever mention I love that about her? She never... well usually never, punishes me when I'm a dumbass.

" Hey, anythin' that works, kid. " Yeah, so before better sense kicked in, or Scott showed up, or both, I took advantage of her leaning in.

Just a quick kiss. A tease of what a real kiss could be like between us. Lips and a lick of Marie, flavored with cheesecake and strawberries...and damn if she didn't kiss me back. Just for a minute. By then her skin had warmed up again, and started nibbling at me, so she pulled away.

I couldn't help but grin, handing her the rest of the container. We just needed enough ice cream, was all.

"Get better, all right, kid?" Maybe some hot green tea, was always good for a cold... I'd have to see about taking her out for some of the good stuff. Meanwhile, I was off to write a letter of thanks to those hippies in Vermont.