Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a short peek into Logan and Marie's homelife, and assumes that all the getting together business is over and done with. I may write some more, but for now this is it.
“Hey Logan! Will you get off the shopping cart? You nearly flattened that woman back there.”

“This is more fun than I thought it’d be, Babe.”

“Right. Glad you’re enjoying yourself.”

“I grabbed a few things while you were gone.”

“Really? Excellent, I didn’t think— Jesus Christ! Is this our cart?”

“Sure is.”

“How much stuff did you put in? An aisle full?”

“Sarcasm doesn’t suit you, sweetie.”

“Let me look at some of this. Beer, more beer, whisky, beer…did ya leave anything in the drinks section at all?”

“Yeah. Can’t stand that sweet sugary crap they sell. Liquor should be hard, Babe, hard and rough. Like some other things I could mention.”

“Stop that! Damn, Logan, have a little control, would you? That woman is staring. And what the hell’s this?”

“Oh yeah. Forgot about that.”

“How much jerky can one man eat?”

“Try me.”

“Okay, never mind. I kinda have a soft spot for the stuff anyway.”

“You got lots of soft spots, and I wanna touch every one of them.”

“You’ve got a one track mind.”

“Beer, jerky and love, sweetheart. It’s all a man needs.”

“How ’bout a few vitamins in the mix somewhere? I picked up some salad and some baby potatoes to go with that steak you were looking at.”

“Salad?”

“It’s good for you, right?”

“But it’s not like I’m about to get an ulcer or anything, is it? Green stuff doesn’t belong in my cart, people will think I’m some kinda wimp.”

“We’re getting the damn vegetables, okay? We don’t all have super duper regenerative abilities in case you hadn’t noticed!”

“Well hide them at the bottom somewhere. I think there’s space under the donuts and cookies if you pack them in tight.”

“Uh huh. Right next to the world’s biggest bottle of maple syrup.”

“I got plans for that darlin’, and they don’t involve pancakes.”

"Do they involve whipped cream and marshmallows too?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Just a wild hunch."

"Wanna go to the checkout?"

"Oh yeah."




The End