“Happy now?” Scott was standing at the doorstep of the Blackbird, blocking his way. Logan shrugged his shoulders. He wanted to swipe off the ‘oh-I’m-so-disappointed-in-you’ –look off from Scott’s face. Just one decent swing and the brat would go down.
“She was safe with us. If you hadn’t gotten the bright idea to run Magneto wouldn’t have gotten his hands on her.”
“Fuck you, Summers. Save the lecture for later…” He grunted brushing past the fuming leader of the X-Men. It wasn’t like he had forced the kid to run with him.
“I will. Wolverine?”
“Yeah?”
“Catch!”

He resisted the urge to duck when something black sailed through the air in to his direction. Heavy bundle of black leather hit him on the chest and fell on the floor at his feet. He cocked his head, eyeing the bundle.
“Put it on. You don’t want to get caught by the friendly fire,” Scott warned him before stomping to the cockpit.

“Friendly fire, my ass…” Summers would have liked nothing better than to fry his sorry ass. He picked up the leather. Opened the bundle and grimaced.

Kevlar reinforced leather sat on him snuggly, like a second skin. He had to admit it looked sexy as hell, but there ended the benefits. Uniform restricted his every move, threatening to strangle him if he as much as breathed the wrong way. He crouched, stretched his legs and arms, leather creaking alarmingly.
“For heaven’s sake… This is just stupid and childish. Here, let me give you a hand…” Jean clasped his shoulder and turned him around. He could feel her hands on his back. Something sharp sliding along the seams of the uniform on his upper back. Suddenly breathing and moving got easier.
“I opened some seams. We’ll have to order you a new suit once we get back home.”
“Thanks…”

“Professor tracked down Mystique. Apparently Magneto trusted her enough to reveal his whole plan to her. He has built a machine that creates radiation that causes mutations to ordinary people. He’s planning to test it to the city of New York,” Ororo explained.
“But the machine is so powerful that it’ll kill the person using it. And the only one capable of operating it is Magneto himself. He’s going to make Marie absorb his powers and use her for the test. If everything works as he planned it, he’s going to build even more powerful machine, powerful enough to mutate the whole world and use it by himself.”

Logan was sitting next to Jean, getting more and more confused by every passing minute. Magneto’s plan was clear to him, as were the ramifications of his success. What puzzled him was his own state of mind. Lax, carefree attitude towards Jean. The most attractive redhead he had lain his eyes on ever, and he was actually participating to conversations around him, and keeping his eyes up on her face instead of devouring every inch of that perfect body of hers with his gaze. What the hell was wrong with him?

“Wolverine? Is Marie with you?” Jean asked. He shook out from his stupor and raised his brow.
“With me? What the fuck are you talking about? If she was with me we wouldn’t be sitting here!” He grunted.
“I meant the bond. I can sense your shields are up. Is she with you?” Jean clarified her question.
“No. But she knows we’re coming for her.”
“It probably would be a good idea if you kept in contact with her. We could get more information that way,” Jean suggested.
“It’s hard to concentrate if she’s in my head…”
“Stop whining. It’ll get easier only if you start using the bond,” Jean snapped. Logan snorted.
“Last time I checked she was so fucking scared and terrified…”
“Open the connection.”
“Was that an order?”
“We need more information. We know Magneto mounted his machine on top of the Statue of Liberty, but we don’t know who’s with him.”
“Oh, shit…”

Fear. Confusion. Lust. Screaming. Hands tightly secured. Feet bound. Help. Help! I don’t want to be here, somebody help me, get me out of here I’m so scared this hurts just get me out!

She was utter mess. Just few moments ago somebody, probably Sabretooth had grabbed her and carried her to somewhere. Space she was in now was small and enclosed. She could hear the sound of her own ragged breathing echoing from the walls surrounding her. Her feet were still tied together. Her hands were tied apart, on both sides of her body, somewhere above her head. She was alone. She had tried to reach Logan through the bond several times, but he refused to let her in. When she felt a slight nudge on the bond, she rushed forward with everything she got, determined to get through this time. She wanted to get away from here. She wanted to feel safe. She had expected to collide and bounce back as soon as she reached him, but this time there was no barrier, and suddenly she was inside of him.

“Oh, fucking Christ!” She barged in like a rhino, stumbling and tearing through every obstacle on her way. His head snapped backwards, colliding against the backrest of his seat. His fingers dug deeply in the armrests, and his claws tore their way out, ready tear in to his attacker.

Marie. It was just Marie. He clamped down his base instinct and retracted his claws, wiping off small trickle of blood from his upper lip with the back of his hand. Her abrupt and less careful approach had broken something and he could feel burning, tickling sensation of his healing inside of his head. Now she was hiding. Scared of his first instinctual reaction, curled away from his view. Quiet as a mouse. It suited him well. Gave him the freedom of sorting out emotions and images she had dragged in.

“Wolverine?” Jean.
“Shut up. I’m kind of busy.”