Author's Chapter Notes:
Epilogue was supposed to be epilogue, but this came out. Few more chappies left.
“What the fuck am I doing in here?” He did his best to keep his voice down to a level where only Summers standing right next to him could hear it, and kept grinning and nodding to something the mayor Green was explaining.
“You’re one of the main attractions to this little banquet, Wolverine. Surely big boy like you isn’t afraid of people?” Summers hissed, clapping a hand to his shoulder to stop him from leaving.
“Afraid of people? If I were you, I’d be more worried about these nice folks getting clawed for getting on to my face. I’m not drunk enough for this shit…”
“We are the guests of honor. At least we don’t have to parade around in high heels like Jean and Ororo. Though it could do some good for your stature…” Finally Green had said what he had to say and left. Logan shrugged off Scott’s hand from his shoulder and turned to face the taller man.
“Watch it, visor-boy. People have lost appendages for far less…”
“Keep a lid on it. At least try to act like an adult,” Summers quipped before leaving to find Jean from the crowd circling in the ballroom of Xavier’s mansion.

“Try to act like an adult? Oh, fuck… Give me whiskey, straight.” Bartender hurried to comply his order, and he leaned against the counter, tugging the collar of his white shirt to loosen the knot of his tie. Guest of honor? For what? Getting tossed up in the air for too many times for his liking?

“Like I did it for them… Couldn’t care less about those schmucks…” He murmured, throwing back golden liquid bartender had placed next to him and grimacing for the slight burn at the back of his throat. Them. People of New York. Crème of the crème. Fancy dresses, fast cars and ridiculous titles. All of them hated mutants with such a passion that it rivaled his own hatred towards them, and yet here they were.
“Fucking hypocrites. Had we been late, they’d send an army to wipe us from the existence instead of throwing a party for us… Give me another one,” he grunted, placing the tumbler to the counter. Bartender filled it. He took the tumbler, intending to drain it just like the one before, but the commotion at the entrance drew his attention away from the free booze.



She had spent the past couple of days playing hide and seek with Logan, hunting for the appropriate dress for the banquet the City of New York had decided to throw in honor of the X-men, continuously iffing whether she should attend to the party at all. Finally she had asked Jean’s opinion. Woman had smiled warmly.
“Of course you should come! You were there as well as the rest of us, Marie.”

She had finally found a beautiful, yet simple and elegant dress that hid most of her skin, but let her figure show. Made of forest green silk, reaching from her neck all the way down to her ankles, leaving only her back and arms uncovered. She had chosen a shawl made out of matching green lace to cover her back, and light green opera gloves for her hands. Hair twisted to a simple braid, leaving white bangs on her forehead loose completed the outfit with minimal amount of make-up.


A man with a camera and a notepad was harassing the mayor. Green looked quite green around his gills Logan noted amused when he stopped next to them.
“As I said, City of New York is proud of all of its occupants and their achievements,” mayor stuttered, wiping his bald forehead with silken handkerchief, throwing an agonized glance towards Logan who raised his tumbler at his direction. Mayor grabbed it and slipped in to background when reporter realized that the Wolverine would present far more desirable object to his interview.

“What is your opinion about human-mutant relations, Wolverine?”
“It’s Mr. Wolverine to you, dipshit. And my opinion is my opinion, not something to reap cheap headlines. Back off, bub…” Logan murmured, leaning to reporter’s personal space and baring his teeth to up the threat. Reporter paled and fled from the scene to find more suitable, less hostile candidate for his interview. Logan smirked.
“What do you know… Feeling much better already.”

He trailed after the reporter. Little wanker could prove to be useful for venting out some frustrations.