“Oh, God. What a moron…”
“What did you do to him?” Marie asked.
“Nothing. Nothing at all… So, you decided to grace us with your presence?” He asked, wiping off tears the laughing had caused to flow. For a moment Marie looked taken aback.
“Decided to grace you?” She asked, her whole posture rigid.
“Didn’t mean it like that. It’s nice to see you. That’s the secret you’ve been hiding?” Logan asked, admiring her dress, and the way it cling to her curves. She twirled around to give him a better view, her arms spread and head held high.

“How do I look?” She asked.
“Good enough.” Logan’s reply was short, but it was soon followed with thoughts and images through the link. Thoughts and images of what seeing her like this did to him, and what he would have liked to do right now. Attending to the ball and behaving like a serious adult weren’t on the list. Walk to outside, to the forest surrounding Xavier’s property was. And getting rid of the dress followed close on its heels. As well as few carefully selected fantasies of her spread in front of him, completely naked, his hands kneading her breasts and his tongue sliding over every inch of her skin.

Heat rose to her cheeks and she had to steady herself against the counter.
“Well, well… You look a little flustered. Care for a drink?” Logan smirked, holding a tumbler of whiskey for her. She took it and threw it back, shaking her head when golden liquid burned its way down to her stomach.
“Aren’t we supposed to entertain our guests?” She asked. Logan snorted.
“Technically we’re the guests, and they’re supposed to entertain us. And they’re doing piss poor job at that… There are several places I’d rather be right now… Several important things I’d rather do right now…” He murmured, grabbing her buttocks and pulling her closer to him, shooting a look of pure evil towards the mayor who had landed next to them, his eyes fixed to Marie.

“And this must be miss D’Ancanto. I hope you’re well. It was quite an ordeal,” mayor Green said, moving to Logan’s side and extending his hand for Marie who took it and gave it a firm squeeze.
“I’m all right, thanks for asking,” she chirped, instantly recognizing the faked friendliness behind Green’s smiling face.
“It’s good to hear. Good to hear… Well, I think your professor wanted to talk to me…” Green excused himself quickly when Logan kept glaring at him from behind Marie’s shoulder, his hands placed possessively around her waist.



“You look good. Good enough to eat. Good enough reason for me to get in to this monkey suit. How about we move this party to somewhere more comfortable?” Logan murmured, his lips nearly grazing her earlobe. Shiver run down her spine.
“Gladly…” She managed to whisper. Logan started guiding her through the crowd towards the exit, keeping her firmly pressed against him. To her relief he steered clear from people who knew them, or clearly wanted to get to know them. This was it. Finally.
“Not now, Summers. Beat it…” She heard Logan rumble when Scott stepped at their path, trying to stop them.

“What… Where are we going?” She asked quite puzzled, when instead of stairs to the upper levels Logan stopped in front of the elevator that would take them to the basement.
“Told you… Somewhere more comfortable,” Logan smirked, tugging off his tie and dropping it in front of the elevator before stepping in and pulling her after him.
“But…”
“We’re going to take my motorcycle, and find a decent bar. The barkeep Xavier hired is watering the booze.”
“Oh…”

She couldn’t stop the wave of disappointment crashing through her. She tried to keep her face straight, but she could tell Logan had noticed when he flashed a brief smile. He reached for the loose strand of white hair next to her face.
“We’re getting there, darling. What’s the rush?”
“Nothing, I just… I thought…”
“Now, what kind of a man would I be if I took you to my bed before we had at least one, decent night out together?”
“Uh… You’d be you? Look, this is weird. You haven’t bothered like this before…”
“Haven’t had a good enough reason. It’s different with you. I don’t want this to be something we have to get over with. I want you to be with me, talk with me and look me in the eyes in the morning.”