They couldn’t get back to Xavier’s fast enough. Ride back there took ten minutes, but for them it felt like eternity.
“Fuck…” Logan swore when he parked in the garage. Marie cast puzzled gaze to his direction.
“Party’s still on full swing. There’s no fucking way we can sneak up to my room unnoticed. And Summers…” She cut him off by placing her fingers over his lips.
“Leave it to me, okay? Just wait here, I’ll be back soon.”

Logan had been right. People were still scurrying around, carrying canapés and champagne. She spotted Scott from the crowd, but he wasn’t the one she was looking for. She spent considerable amount of time getting rid of some elder lady who was oohhing and aahhing about how awful experience being at the mercy of the Magneto must have been. Finally she found the person she was looking for.

“Jean!”
“Oh, hi Marie! I thought you weren’t coming!”
“Uh… I’m not going to be here for long. Something came up. Can you distract Scott for me?”
“Something?” Jean asked smiling.
“Uh… With Logan. We can… We can touch, and…” She was blushing. Was she really explaining this to Jean? Woman smiled and patted her on the shoulder.
“That’s good to hear! I’m happy for you! Where is he? Logan? I would have thought he would be here, glued to you already.”
“That’s the problem. He’s in the garage, hiding from Scott. We need you to distract him so that we can skip this party.”
“Okay. I’ll take care of him. Have you seen him?” Jean asked, scanning the crowd.
“Last time I saw him he was standing at the bar.”
“Scott! Oh, Scooott…”

He was pacing back and forth at the garage, raking his fingers through his already tousled hair. This was fucking priceless. He was sweating and shaking like a fucking schoolboy with a crush. Wasn’t like he hadn’t bedded women before.
“You fucking pathetic wimp. Get a grip! She sees you like this and…”
“Feels much better because she’s in no better shape. Come on! Jean is taking care of our watch dog.”
“Jesus! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Logan squeaked, turning to face her.
“No. But we really have to hurry. I don’t know how long Jean can keep Scott occupied.”
“She’s a resourceful woman. I’m sure she’ll figure out something…” Logan muttered when Marie slid out from the door, and followed her in to the mansion.

They scooted from shadow to shadow, slinking to every nook and cranny to avoid detection. Route from front door to stairs was relatively easy, but it was the staircase itself that posed the greatest problem. It was facing the doors to the ballroom, and both doors were wide open, leaving the stairs, and anybody using them to plain view.

They stopped leaning against the railing, both out of breath and giggling like maniacs.
“Okay… Ready? On three…” Logan huffed.
“One… Two…” They counted in unison.
“Three. What happens on three?” Third voice joined to their counting.

“Busted…” Logan whispered. Marie giggled, eyes wide.
“Oops…” She covered her mouth and tried her best to get serious, but it was hard when Scott was staring at them like they were couple of students breaking the curfew.
“On three we’ll walk up those stairs, get in to my room and mate like rabid weasels. Any more questions, Summers?” Logan asked, straightening his stance and scooping Marie up to his arms.
“Just one. Can I watch?”

She could feel Logan’s hands tightening around her reflexively.
“Exactly how drunk you are?” Logan asked. Scott chuckled.
“Jean already told me. Don’t worry about it. I just came to tell you that professor made some arrangements earlier. He opened a suite for you two. It’s next to ours. Here’s a key,” he said, handing the key to Marie.
“But…”
“Think of it as a bonus, Wolverine. I was hoping I could persuade you both to join in our team,” professor Xavier said from the doorstep of the ballroom.
“Screw the bonus and the team! I have more important things in my mind right now!” Logan grunted, turned and took the stairs with long strides, skipping several steps and reaching their floor in record time.

“Oh, Marie! There you are! I was going to ask you about…” Ororo sprinted towards them as fast as she could with ridiculously high heels from where she had stood in front of Marie’s door.
“Fuck off, Weathergirl! She’ll talk to you in the morning!”

He had about had it. He had to get in to that suite Xavier had arranged for them before he molested Marie out in public. He plunked her down, snatched the key and opened the door, pushing her in and slamming the door shut to Ororo’s face.

“Logan! That was rude!” Marie scolded him.
“Rude? I don’t fucking care…”

She barely had the time to open her shields when Logan nearly crushed her between his body and the door, his lips devouring hers. Every worry over Ororo’s hurt feelings melted away when his tongue slid past her lips, and his hands started to search every spot of bare skin her modest dress revealed.