They had been driving for few hours when he started to feel unfamiliar tiredness creeping up on him. Strange, aching feeling in his thighs, tension in his shoulders and neck. His hands felt cold. And something, faint trace of headache that reminded him of the hangover hovering between his temples. It took him a while to realize that what he was experiencing had very little to do with him, but everything to do with his passenger.
“You alright there, kid?” He asked. He could feel her complete exhaustion through the bond.
“Fine! But I could use a short break!” Short break? If he felt like shit, she must have been ready to keel over by now.
“There’s a small diner not too far ahead. Think you can keep it up until we get there?”
“Sure!”

She was keeping up a brave façade, but he could tell she could use much more than a short break in a greasy roadside diner. He had slept the previous day. She had been up and running, doing what ever it was the she did during days. It was a small miracle that she hadn’t fallen asleep on him already.
“Get out.”
“Huh?” Confusion flooded through the link.
“Get out of my head. I don’t want to fall asleep while I’m driving.”

It was a struggle. She had learned on elementary level how to retreat. All he knew was to how to expel her forcibly. And he felt strangely reluctant to let her go. As soon as he had relaxed some, her presence had actually felt good. It probably had more to do with her fondness to his senses and giddy excitement she had poured in him than anything else, but regardless he felt cold and empty when she finally managed to slip behind rickety barricade he had formed to keep her out.



“We could stop for the night. There’s a motel across the street,” he suggested when they had parked the motorcycle in front of the diner. She wobbled down from the saddle and straightened her back.
“No, I’m good to go as soon as I get something to eat and big cup of coffee…”
“Don’t fucking lie to me. You’d be in a pile on the ground if I wasn’t holding your arm,” Logan grunted. He had offered her support, out of chivalry or for what reason, she didn’t know or care. Her thighs were singing hallelujah from sitting so long astride, and her head was slowly joining to the choir.
“Well, maybe it would be a good idea to sleep for a while…” She muttered when she tried to take a step and nearly tripped over. Logan huffed and scooped her on his arms.
“Don’t get used to this…”

Don’t get used to this. Why the hell he wanted to get used to this? Having her with him? Scrawny, boobless chick with plain brown hair. He could have understood himself better if it had been Jean he was holding. Now there was a Woman with a capital W. Lips that just begged to be wrapped around his cock, full breasts he could spent hours licking and nibbling, long slender legs that would undoubtedly feel heavenly wrapped around his waist or up on his shoulders…

“Uhh… Could you stop doing that?” Marie muttered blushing.
“Doing what?” He barked entering the diner.
“I really don’t need that explicit material of Jean floating in my head. Got all I can handle with Janine and you already.”
“Shit. I thought you could shield yourself already.”
“It’s harder when there’s strong emotions… Just try not to think about her right now, okay?”
“Well, what am I allowed to think?” He snorted.
“Keep things above the waistline and everything should be okay.”
“Fine. What are you having?” He asked, placing her down to a booth next to a large window. Her eyes widened.
“Oh, I forgot my purse to my backpack! I’ll just go and get it…” She started to scoot on her feet. Logan pushed her back to the booth.
“Forget it. I’m buying.”

She ordered some pancakes and large cup of coffee with cinnamon. He had to resist the urge to ask the waitress flavor his coffee as well. He drank it black. And if some part of him was nagging and growling for the lack of cinnamon, let it. He wasn’t going to turn to her replica. He really wasn’t. Just because he ordered pancakes instead of his usual burger didn’t mean a thing. Thank God he wasn’t sitting cross-legged like her because he felt the need to stretch his inner thighs.

“So. What’s the plan?” She asked, sipping the coffee. His mouth was watering from the scent of cinnamon.
“Plan?” He asked.
“Yeah. Where are we going? Because somehow I got this feeling that you don’t really have a plan.”
“Original was to get as far away from you as possible. Since you blew that straight to hell… You wouldn’t happen to have any ideas of what we could do next?” He asked. Coffee really tasted like crap without cinnamon. He pushed the half drank cup away from him.
“I just came for the ride. To make sure that I don’t have to deal with what I went through last night again.”
“Uh, yeah… Sorry about that. I guess I wasn’t really thinking… But don’t expect me to turn in to a monk all of a sudden,” he added quickly after his apology. He wasn’t going to go celibate just because she had some troubles handling anything remotely sexual.
“I’m not some frigid virgin, if that’s what you were thinking about. Well, technically I’m still a virgin, but… Oh, fuck… How do I explain it…” She muttered, eyes cast to the window, fingers rapping nervously against the table. He waited in silence. She was embarrassed. He could feel it rising over his cheeks as well.
“I guess I just get jealous. Jealous of what you can have. What everybody else can have. Most people take the ability to touch granted. I can’t touch another person without killing him or her in the process.”

He hadn’t even thought about it that way. Well, he hadn’t even thought about her, period. Now he cleared his throat and leaned his elbows to the table, lowering his jaw to rest on his knuckles, amused smirk tugging the corners of his mouth.
“You do realize there’s several ways around your skin if you want to fuck with somebody?” He asked. She snorted.
“Of course! But that’s not the point!”
“Not the point? Hell, piece of rubber and thin sheet and you’re good to go!”
“Duh! I know that I can have sex if I want to! This wasn’t about sex! I was talking about touching! For most people sex equals nudity. That feel of warm skin against warm skin. Sweat and… Uh… Where was I?”
“You were about to start auditioning for some soft core porn vid. Keep talking like that and you’re going to give me a stiffy.”
“Logan!”
“What? I wasn’t the one who started this conversation!”
“My point was that I can’t touch anybody skin on skin, and sometimes I get jealous over it,” she finally managed to find the core of her explanation.
“Well… Life sucks anyway. It’s not all that peachy even if you can get your paws on anybody and anywhere you like. Ready to go?”



They drove the motorcycle to the motel. Logan booked two rooms, and again insisted on paying them both.
“From what I heard from one of the waitresses at the BurgerHell Nate wasn’t the most generous employer. If you have some money left, use it on something you really need,” he said.
“Yeah. Like for a pack of condoms and a sheet? Who knows, if I wave them around eagerly enough, maybe I get lucky…” She snorted tiredly.
“Who knows…” Logan smirked, winked at her and went to his room. She sighed and tried to fit the key to the lock of her room, when Logan’s door suddenly opened.
“Don’t forget to stretch your legs. You’re going to be sore in the morning as it is, but if you don’t stretch, you’ll be crawling on your hands and knees.”
“Thanks for the heads up,” she muttered, finally managing to persuade the rickety lock to cooperate and pushed the door open.
“Yeah. Sleep well, Marie.”
“You too, Logan.”



She was little worried. This would be the first time they were both asleep after the bonding. Would they be able to stay apart from each other? For some reason every time her mind wandered, it tended to wander straight to Logan, and from what she had noticed; it was the same with him. On few occasions she had felt him very close, then he had suddenly retreated as if he had gotten burnt. Privacy was as important to her as it was for anybody else, but for Logan it seemed to be everything. What would happen, what he would do if she accidentally ended up too far in his mind?

“Oh, fuck it… I’ll deal with it when it happens…” she murmured. She was too tired to think. Like a machine, slowly and jerkily, she managed to take off her clothes and put on her nightgown. She tried to stretch her legs as thoroughly as possible, then crawled in to the bed. She was fast asleep before her head hit the pillow.



Dream started nicely enough. Redhead was writhing and squealing on top of him. He was buried to the hilt to her throbbing core, ready to explode at any given moment. She was hot and slick and her scent was driving him mad. He was kneading her breasts, feeling her nipples, hard and pebbled against his palms. He was going to come soon. He could feel it coiling inside of him… Then it all fell apart. There was no redhead. There were no breasts. Only sweat there was came from him. Only slickness he could find came from his blood. And he alone was writhing and squealing, screaming his lungs out when scalpels parted his skin and flesh and needles drilled their way in to his bones. He was screaming, but nobody listened. Nobody but her. She was standing there, blank mask of horror on her face, watching while he got torn open and gutted.



“Out… Get the fuck out of here…” Logan rasped, blood pouring from the corners of his mouth. He was struggling against metal collar and manacles that kept him tied to a table. His movements were jerky and weak. Somebody had separated his muscles from his bones.
“You don’t… Need this… Not for your eyes… Get the fuck out!” She couldn’t make herself obey. New cuts appeared on him, flesh parting and revealing the bone underneath. He was screaming and writhing, trying to make her leave.
“Shit…” He was ranting, cursing, and threatening somebody she couldn’t see.
“Don’t you fucking dare to touch her! She wasn’t there! She wasn’t there! Keep your hands off from her! I’ll fucking gut you as soon as I get up… Oh, fuck… Marie, get away from here! Now!” Something materialized in front of her. A man wearing surgical scrubs and a mask over his mouth and nose. Scalpel in his hand gleamed wetly, caked with clotted blood. Front of his scrubs was dark red from where he had wiped his hands.
“Don’t you touch her!” Apparition raised his hand. Suddenly she felt a strong push. She lost her balance, and fell…

Jarring thud woke her up. She had fallen from the bed.
“Oh, God… I knew I shouldn’t have drank that coffee…” She sat up rubbing her face. Apparently she had been more worried and nervous than she had thought. She hadn’t had nightmares in ages. And come to think of it, her average nightmare rarely came equipped with so vivid images and feelings. Logan. She had been in his head. In his dream. She had seen what he was dreaming even now.
“I’d take few wet dreams over that shit every night…” She whispered, pulling on her bathrobe. Maybe she should go and check if he was okay.