Author's Chapter Notes:
This started off as a stand alone called “In A Song” for the lyric wheel, but sweet seemed to work so I’m giving writing a sequel a try…and thinking about taking it further.
Logan’s kiss left Marie feeling breathless. Her knees were wobbly and she couldn’t do anything but stand there. After a minute of silence Logan was beginning to wonder if he’d made the right move. Maybe this wasn’t what Marie wanted, maybe he’d just messed up the greatest friendship he’d ever had. Not used to being unsure of himself and not knowing quite what to say, he reached out and ran a finger along a loose white lock of hair.

“Marie? Uh, was that okay with you?”

Was that okay? What was he thinking? Okay couldn’t even begin to describe how that kiss was! Marie still couldn’t quite think straight enough to form anything worth saying to him, so instead she smiled and pulled his head down for another kiss. Once Logan realized what Marie kissing him meant he kissed her back even harder. Soon they were not only exploring each other’s mouths, but their hands were wandering along each other’s bodies as well.

Marie and Logan’s make-out session was getting pretty intense until Marie pulled back. All of this was pretty overwhelming considering the last guy she’d kissed had ended up in a coma. Not wanting Logan to get the idea that she wasn’t enjoying this new form of attention he was giving her, she tried to explain.

“Wow, Logan, that was just, wow. I never thought it could be like that, at least not for me. And with you, oh wow! This is so much better that I ever dreamed it could be!”

A rare smile appeared on Logan’s face, and then quickly disappeared.

“So, how come you pulled away?” he asked.

Marie answered slowly, “I really did enjoy the kiss Logan. Its just, well, I’ve never done that before. My first kiss was barely even PG and the guy almost died, and now here I am moving into R territory and I guess I kind of panicked. I don’t want you to get hurt; I couldn’t bear it if I hurt you.”

“You’re not going to hurt me Marie. There’re plenty of ways to keep me safe from your skin and still allow us to touch. Besides, I survived the last couple of times you touched me,” Logan countered and tried to lighten the mood a little by playfully raising one eyebrow.

“I know, Logan, I know,” Marie sighed, “and believe me I want you to touch me, but can we start off taking things slow?”

“Of course, darling, we’ve got plenty of time. How about we start off by watching that movie you brought tonight and then next week I’ll take you out to the theater for a real movie night?”

“You mean a date, Logan?” now it was Marie’s turn to raise her eyebrow, “I think I’d like that. But, um, I don’t know if you want to watch the movie I brought tonight. I was sort of upset with you for ignoring me all week when I picked it out.”

“It can’t be that bad. Must at least be something you like. Come on; let me see what it is.”

“No, Logan, I really don’t think…” Marie’s protest was cut off as Logan grabbed her and started tickling her until she dropped the movie.

“Geez, Marie, ‘Beauty and the Beast’? Remind me not to really piss you off!” Logan popped the movie into the VCR then joined Marie on the bed where he gave a loud yawn and draped his arm around her shoulders. Giggling, Marie elbowed him in the ribs and closed her eyes as his other hand brought the scarf back to her face and he kissed her again.

“I love you Marie,” Logan said, looking into her eyes.

“I love you too Logan,” Marie whispered back as a single tear made a path down her cheek. Logan brushed it away gently and pulled Marie closer as the movie began.