Author's Chapter Notes:
Fate takes a hand in their lives now, but which way will it go, up or down?
'The wheel spins,
Life rushes by in it's miriad colours,
Dark and Light and back again,
Where it stops was always under your control...'

**********************************************************

The bike was ticking over under his ass, the rumble sending shocks through his bones, the timer he'd set was just about to blow. He was on the other side of the street, just waiting in the alleyway. He had to see that no one came out, mind you he hadn't left much of anyone to even crawl toward the damn door but he was nothing but thorough.

Defiance Indiana wasn't the place he'd been expecting to be sent to but the ride down had been unusually quiet to say it was Christmas. The actual day had been an gone but he was still on the payroll of Xavier, his bank account he'd cleared out this morning. The roll of cash in his saddlebag was enough to keep him and Marie comfortable for a few years. Death paid well and this was the last one he'd do on his orders.

The place was a refuge for merc's, training area before they went out to go cause trouble in the name of Uncle Sam. Totally deniable of course, thats why they'd chosen this location. It looked like a normal training centre for rangers, things he'd found inside had changed that view though. He had a few of their more 'interesting' toys in his saddlebags along with the cash he'd earned.
Hopefully by the time this reached the ears of Xavier he'd be long gone, lost in the world an free to do as he damn well pleased. He was about to light a cigar when the building blew, the gas line he'd fractured was enough to set the fire.

Using the doors to cause pockets of gas, making sure that the areas he wanted to burn would burn well. He'd been gloved up as usual and he waited long enough to see the fire tenders turn up. The scent of roasting pork met his nose and he slid away into the night, the bike purring as he backed away. He'd left a message on the wall for Xavier, the news crews would photograph it and it'd be all over the news by the morning. It was just close enough to be mistaken for a serial killer at work in New York. But Xavier would see the differences, it was his message to him, that next time he saw him he'd be taking 'his' head off.

Logan turned his face toward the wind, the cold was biting but he had patience, the snow was beginning to come down and he decided to get onto the highway. It'd take him about four hours to get there, he'd checked his watch just before he'd left, it had been 11.30pm. If he timed it right he'd get there just in time to see her get up, all warm and wrinkled from sleep. Smiling to himself Logan let the bike take him down the road, he had a life waiting for him at the end of it.

**********************************************************

The alarm sounded it's call and Marie's hand flew out to slap it quiet before it woke anyone else. Then she remembered, she was alone, plus her own life had allowed her to have some time off from work. So exactly why she'd set the alarm passed her by until her brain prodded her into wakefullness....Logan. She'd told Logan to ring her at 4am if he was coming to see her, an so she'd been setting the alarm and hoping against all hope that he'd be coming to see her.

Christmas day had passed by and her housemates had rung her wishing her a happy holiday and trying to get her to come visit their families. But she declined their invitations, politely and kindly she didn't want to be anywhere but here. This was her *home* now and she wasn't going to leave it, not when Logan might walk through the porch door any moment.

Sighing she stretched herself on the warm covers of her bed, she'd done a lot in a few months here and she had Logan to thank for it. Every time she thought of doing something less than what she deserved he'd be there in her mind looking at her like he had in her apartment. Disappointed with her, upset and disturbed that she was willing to take so much *less* than she wanted. Pushing off the bed she switched on the low light of her lamp and made to get herself into her day. Today might be the day, hope was better than none at all and she was tired of being negative.

After her shower she'd padded downstairs into the hallway only to see the door to the front room open. Wet bootmarks were on the wooden floor, there was even snow melting on the rag rug that covered the centre of the wood. The scent of cuban cigar was wafting through the open door and she almost flew to the opening, tearing it open to see Logan stretched out in her chair feet propped up on the sofa. Eyes lost in the fire he'd made in the grate, when he did look up her heart almost stopped beating they were so intense.
"Do you always take so long in the shower?" His voice was deep as if he'd been drinking tar, she just nodded and walked over to him. Her body shaking as she reached out to touch him, seeing him shift his feet and spread his knees for her to fill with her body.
When she was in his grip he buried his head in her covered stomach, his words making her flesh pebble under his touch. "Fuck I missed you, you have no idea how many times I just wanted to kill the lot of them and run."

Marie let her hands run through his hair, now she had him she didn't know what to do now. It was as if all her dreams had gotten her this far and then stopped, her own experience of sex was limited at the best. That is if you counted listening to others talk about their affairs, she'd kept herself seperate. Still unconfortable with someone touching her skin, it still held memories for her and she didn't trust herself enough to let just anyone touch her. Not that she hadn't had offers, she'd gotten help about refusing advances from her housemates. They'd made an impenetrable wall around her, their body language enough to put off many local men. She was 'out of bounds' and it had been easy to keep that front up, yet now she was here she had no idea where to go next.

Logan could sense her trepidation, nuzzling her stomach through the thin cloth of her clothing. Lifting his head to meet her shining eyes he whispered to her, "Too quick huh?"
"No, just that Ah wasn't really expectin ya to come like this....knowin how careful ya are Ah expected ya to call first." Smiling he pulled her into his lap and wrapped a hand around her legs keeping her on him while supporting her back with the other hand. The flush that ran though her skin was enough to show him he was on the right track with her. He had to go at his pace, she'd follow him, trust him to take her where she wanted them to go.
"I'm *always* careful, I checked the house out while your alarm was goin' off. Surprised you don't wake the whole neighbourhood with that thing." Marie smiled and touched his face with her fingertips as he shifted her around on his lap so her knees were now either side of his hips.

She knew where this was heading and her voice quavered as she felt Logan's hands slide under her nightdress. He just rested his hands on her thighs, her skin was sending all sorts of pleasure signals to her already heating sex. She watched as he breathed her in, his eyes darkening as he did it, mouth quirking into a wolfish grin as he spoke to her. "Keep this up and you'll be sore later." The way his words reached her made her quiver, she felt sixteen again, when she'd first leaned over to kiss someone. To feel the pressure of things she wanted running through her, shifting herself down she grazed against his groin and Logan lifted her back up. His rumbling breath stilling as he fought to control himself, keeping his eyes closed as he spoke to her. "Marie darlin' if you do that again I'm not gonna think about *you*; I'm just gonna *take* what you're offerin' with that body of yours. I know you want this, hell I played that message every day for a fortnight. Just that I don't want to hurt you an if you keep doing what your doin' I *will*, even though I don't want to."

When he opened his gaze to her she saw the darkness riding so close to the surface it chilled her. It stopped her dead in her tracks, Logan saw her expression change and her movements became stilted on him and he had to stroke her skin to calm her. "I'm not goin' to hurt you, I promise but Marie it's been a *long* time for me darlin. I can't promise I won't be hungry for you, *all* of you." His hands wove under her thighs and gripped her naked rear, pulling her breasts upto his face as he shifted her. Kissing her through the fabric she felt herself flowing into the embrace he had on her. One hand cradling her rear, the other hand probing her aching lips. As he slid across them she felt him purr and flex under her, she pushed her hips to meet his exploring digits his mouth locking onto a breast and suckling her nipple into hardness.

Her voice finally coming out of her throat, it had been locked up in her mind, wanting to speak but unsure of the words to express what she was feeling. Now freed it chose only one word to say, the name of the thing she'd been needing since she'd run from Xaviers house.
"Logan!"

God she was heaven, all of her so responsive to his every touch on her, her scent when she'd first seen him had been shock then it had gone straight to sex. She wanted him, badly. It was curious but he'd been staying away from his usual haunts ever since she'd gone from the mansion. Sex hadn't been the release it had once been, he'd concentrated on alcohol instead. When he'd been over taken by the need he'd answered it himself, he hadn't sought out a bedpartner. Now he could be honest with himself as to why that had happened.

Marie.

She was his and when she left his need had gone with her, he'd wanted to bury himself in her, lose himself in her and watch her lose herself on him. To taste her sweat as she came, her voice saying his name as her body writhed on his dick. Control was hard in keeping but as he slid two fingers inside her feeling her stretch to accomadate him he knew she'd been with no-one else. He was the first and by God he'd be the last.

**********************************************************

She couldn't remember how it happened so quickly, she'd been feeling his fingers inside her, stretching her, when his thumb had shifted round to her clit. Rubbing in small circles, each pass making her grip his head to her chest harder. His lips wrapped around her breasts, how her nightdress had been ripped open she had no idea if it had been his teeth or her hands but it hung in shreds around her waist. When she came around his fingers she cried out, his name was inside her moans of that she was certain but as to how and when he'd taken off his own jeans she had no idea.

All she remembered as the look in his eyes as he'd slowly lowered her onto him, still limp and throbbing from her orgasm she took in his tension. The way he was controlling his every move, his hands locked onto her hips, bringing himself deeper into her, a sharp sensation for a moment then fullness. A feeling that nothing else would ever replace, as she fell onto his hips her hands clutched his shoulders. Fingers digging in tight as he began to move her hips against his own, the shocks it sent through her body were overloading her. His growling and snarling made her watch his eyes and face, each pass she made the more animal he looked until there was nothing human about him anymore.

Logan dropped his head to her breasts and suckled them hard, pulling her hard against him. Kneading her flesh telling her to squeeze with her thighs, he rewarded her with licks when she did as he asked. Sending her body into spasm again as the fuzzy orgasm she was having coalesced into a bright force that made her shudder as it passed through her. Dropping her head as it passed through her and feeling Logan pull her head up by the hair, forcing her to kiss him as he fucked her. There was no tenderness in it, nothing that could be called romantic, this was all *need*.

Forcing her to look at him as he climbed to peak, putting his fingers over her clit again, making her shudder with aftershocks. Sending her body into wracking shudders that he counterpointed with his own frantic fucking under her, holding her head still as he forced her eyes open. Locking them with his, the darkness in them flooding out of him and over her tender skin. His voice no longer subtle or soft, but harsh and gravel rough, hand twisted in her hair almost tearing it out at the root. "MINE, say it Marie! Say you're *mine*!"

All the pleasure, all the emotions that were loosing themselves in her found an outlet in her voice, her fear of him lost in those moments. She saw his weakness, the one thing he needed from her, to have *her*, all of her. Opening her throat she whispered the words he needed to hear, "Ah'm your's Logan, always was, always will be. Just like you're mine." He pulled her into his lips straight after, his other hand clutched at her hip as he emptied himself in her, her thighs clutched him tight and she wasn't letting him go not till she was full of him. Not till the seed ran down their legs and stained the seat beneath them, she wanted him, all of him, everything and now she'd felt him deep within her nothing else would do. Never again would she be alone, never would she need solace in anything else but him. He'd need no other woman but her she'd see to that, he'd teach her, show her what she wanted and how to get it.

Finally when the sun was rising pinking the room at nearly nine in the morning, they curled up on the chair together. Picking up the comforter on the back of the sofa Marie wrapped it around the two of them, while Logan stacked the fire with logs. Pulling her over to him settling her down on his tired lap, her thighs covered with his scent and seed. Stroking her face and seeing her move into the touch still, "You sore?" She nodded and he smiled as she snuggled into his warmth, wrapping herself up in him. Just before he let her sleep he whispered in her ear, "I'll make it all better I promise, ever had a snow bath?" Her face appeared for a moment before dropping back down into his chest a pleased smile on her face.

Wrapping himself around her he couldn't remember ever feeling so good, she was content, he'd been fucked well and truely by a virgin and there was more to come. Seemed like there was something to this Christmas shit after all.