Author's Chapter Notes:
Next chapter might take some time. I'm visiting my parents for the next week, and I don't know how much time I can spend writing.
Week passed slowly. In many ways too slowly, but even more ways too fast.

Suddenly she realized when cuddling next to Logan under sheets, that this would be their last night together before he left. Tomorrow morning he would step on the lorry of a truck with his team. She tried to push back tears that started gathering, but it was a futile attempt.

“What’s the matter?” Logan gathered her against his side, squeezing gently, rubbing her arm.
“Nothing…” She tried to keep it back, choke back sobs.
“It’s just this one mission. Recon, they said in the briefing this morning. I’ll be back before you even notice I was gone.”

It wasn’t a complete lie. First priority was to gather intel about new weapon Greenies were developing. Destroying the base where research and development was carried on came second. As did the fact that he would be the only one actually entering to the base to plant the explosives when rest of the team stayed waiting, guarding the perimeter. He was fairly confident that he’d be able to take on few Greenies, what ever the hell they were, on his own without any problems. Team was there only to ensure that none of those green bastards got away.

Not a complete lie, so he was able to lift her chin and look her in the eyes.
“I want you to stop worrying. In case you haven’t noticed, it’s quite impossible to get rid of me. I’m coming back.” She let out a watery chuckle, remembering how Logan had stomped his way back in to her life, practically forcing her to take him back. That was then. This was now. She would have given anything to keep him where he belonged, at her side.
“I want you to stay home tomorrow until the convoy leaves.”
“But…”
“Can’t go ruining my bad-ass reputation by sobbing like a schoolboy in front of the whole fucking team.”
“Sobbing? Logan…”
“Yeah. Sobbing. I have already gotten used to get laid at least twice a day. Imagine the hell I’ll be going through when you’re not there.”

She couldn’t help it. Despite the fact that Logan really was leaving, fit of giggles erupted from her from the mental image that came to her from his words.
“You’re an ass! I’m supposed to be all heartbroken and now I keep seeing you standing there in that cute little uniform, sporting a tent that would house your entire team!” Along with giggles tears kept flowing.
“The whole team? I don’t know if I should be flattered, or more worried about you. It’s not that big.”
“I must be hearing things.”
“Well, it’s bigger than… Shit. We’re really not going to spend all night discussing how big my cock is.”
“Why not? It’s an interesting topic. Maybe you could show it to me, I seem to suffer momentarily amnesia, can’t quite remember…”
“Cut the crap Marie. Let’s fuck.”
“Do let’s.”

Despite the harsh approach they joined slowly, almost sleepily. Afterwards they just lay there several moments, Logan on top of her, his cock softening inside of her, easing out on its own. She was already falling asleep when he rolled off from her.
“I… I’ll go now. See you when I get back…”

She curled on her side. He was going to spend the night roaming around the base. She understood the need to do so. In here, with her, he was just Logan. And Logan wouldn’t get through. Logan couldn’t cope with what they’d be facing.

When he had finally submitted and allowed Wolverine to merge with him the beast had gotten lost in the process. It was there; she could see glimpses of it every day. Certain way Logan spoke. Words he used. The way he moved. But he needed more than just mannerisms and hazy memories. He needed to find the Destroyer again.

She was slumbering when she felt him brushing a soft kiss against her forehead. She could hear the soft creak of the leather of his boots. Rustle of cloth. Small buckles and straps clinking and rattling, then he was gone.