Shower felt like heaven, peeling off sticky layer of dried milk and evidence of her little fuckfest with Logan. It wasn’t like she had cheated Bobby. Logan was just a friend, and friends took care of each other. Right? She raised her face towards the steaming hot water, letting it slick back her long, tangled hair. Droplets kept hitting her breasts that were still slightly sore. First thing she’d do when she got out of here she’d go and find Nate, then spend some serious quality time with him. She had been tempted to go looking for her son and husband when she had walked off from the hangar of the Blackbird, but Logan had managed to talk her taking shower first. She’d have to thank him about it later.

She reached for a bottle of shampoo and lathered her hair, keeping her eyes closed. She heard the shower room door opening and closing. Bare feet hitting the floor. Soft gurgle of a baby. Nate. And probably Bobby.
“Hi honey! Missed you both so badly! Just let me rinse off the shampoo…” She ducked under the shower, washing off last traces of her ordeal quickly.

When she stepped off from under the shower and opened her eyes she gasped from the surprise. It was Nate, all right, but with Logan. Cuddled against his bare chest, small fists curled tightly around his muttonchops.
“Thought that the little guy could use a snack. Bobby’s not home and Jean and everybody else was busy…”
“What do you mean? Bobby’s not home? Where the hell is he? He was supposed to take care of Nate!” Suddenly she was steaming from anger, reaching for the baby who let out a startled coo and snuggled against Logan.
“Easy there, little guy…” Logan murmured, handing the baby to her. She stepped under the shower with Nate who giggled now, delighted from the surprise, and latched on to her left breast with hungry mouth. Her right breast started leaking instantly, but the water from the shower cleared the mess instantly.

“I mean what I said. He’s not home. Ororo said that he took off last night. Nate spent the night with Scott and Jean. Nothing to worry about. He was in no danger,” Logan said, leaning against the tiled wall of the bathroom, crossing his arms over his chest.
“Maybe Nate wasn’t in danger, but Bobby’s a whole different story… Can’t wait to get my hands on him. He’ll never know what hit him…”
“Calm down, kid. He probably had a good reason to go. And besides, Jean and Scott liked to watch after Nate. Told me to ask if the critter could come to them for sleepover more often.”
“Good reason, my ass! Only reason I agreed to come to that freaking mission was that I knew that Bobby could spend more time with Nate! It’s not like he’s been the father of the year, and I thought he was going to try this time!”

Nate scrunched up his perky little nose and let out a small, annoyed scream. She switched breasts and the baby calmed down instantly.
“Not father of the year? What the fuck are you babbling about, kid?” Logan grunted, shifting his feet and tilting his head, his brows knitting together in confusion.
“Have you ever seen Bobby with Nate?” Marie asked.
“Uh… Yeah? I must have seen. Several times. I mean… Nate’s almost six months old…”
“No. You haven’t seen Bobby with Nate simply because he hasn’t been with Nate. Sure, he pretends to be all lovey-dovey, cuddling up with us when there’s people around, but god forbid if I ask him to go out with Nate or even change his diaper…”
“Come on… You’re pulling my leg, right? Drake’s been all over you two ever since Nate was born. I have seen it,” Logan smiled, reached with his hand and ticked baby’s feet. Nate let go of her nipple, head turning around little awkwardly and kicked, letting out a loud burp and showering Marie with generous amount of half digested milk.
“Thank you very much….” She hissed, sticking out her tongue to Logan. Logan smiled, then serious look fell over his face.

“You’re telling me that Drake’s shit for dad?” He asked. She nodded.
“Even worse. I don’t think he hates Nate or me. But he’s never around. And when he is, he’s… I get this feeling that he’d rather be somewhere else. And I thought last night was different. That he had gotten his head geared to father-mode at last…”
“Fuck. Sorry about that, kid… Why haven’t you told about it to anybody?” Logan asked, reaching for Nate so that she could finish her shower. She couldn’t help noticing how natural it looked when Nate squirmed over his chest, dangling partly over his shoulder and cooed softly when Logan started patting his rear end carefully.
“To who? And what would I have told them? Should I go to professor and whine how Bobby won’t play with me anymore?” She snapped turning off the shower and snatching the towel Logan handed to her, rubbing her skin vigorously, avoiding her breasts because there really was no need to stimulate them anymore.
“So… I’m guessing your breasts weren’t the only reason for what happened last night?” Logan asked, ducking her hands when she tried to reach for Nate.
“I’m good. Nate’s good. Could you answer to my question?” He asked, walking after her when she marched to the locker room.
“What if they weren’t? It shouldn’t matter! What happened, happened!” She nearly shouted. Nate flinched in Logan’s arms.
“It matters. I did it because I thought I was helping you out. If it was some sort of cheap payback for what ever Bobby has done or hasn’t done…” Logan hissed, his eyes narrowing and darkening.
“It wasn’t! It was good! It was good for both of us, and Bobby had nothing to do with it! God! What kind of bitch do you think I am, Logan?”
“I don’t know anymore, kid. And it worries the hell out of me…” With that said he stormed out, still carrying Nate with him, leaving her alone, dripping cold puddle on the floor.