With the guys out working on the new corral that Tank had insisted up on having Rogue sat in the kitchen idly staring at her coffee cup. Kitty was sleeping, a long, lust filled night with Scott had obviously worn her out. Jubilee was sitting in front of the television in the den, surrounded by kids.

The sudden beaping of the phone had Rogue rising to walk across the room, “Monster House,” she stated calmly.

“Hello Frankenstein,” the soft, sultry voice had her immediately tensing. “Your uh play toy was spotted about three hours ago.”

“Where?” Rogue demanded grabbing a paper and pen. “Calgary. I can dispatch a helicopter for you but it will take twenty minutes.”

“No need. We’ll take our own set of wheels.”

“Agreed.” The line went dead.

Walking across the hall Rogue leaned against the doorjamb, “Jubes?”

“Yeah Rogue?”

“You wanna play today?”

Turning her head Jubilee stared at Rogue, a sudden wash of fear racing over her. A growing smile at the dark, dangerous glint in the other woman’s eyes crossed her face. “Where and when?”

“We have a flight to catch,” Rogue replied and turned to walk away.

“Miss Jubilee?” the soft query had her glancing to her right. “Is everything okay?”

Jubilee smiled warmly and nodded, “Just gotta go pick up someone is all.”

“You taking the guys?”

Jubilee shrugged and rose to her feet, “No, just Rogue and I are going.”

“Okay.”

Obviously satisfied with her answers the kids went back to watching the television, unaware of Jubilee’s slow, but steady departure from the calm woman then knew.

“Who are we hunting?” Jubilee whispered to Rogue as they moved up the stairs.

“Iceman was spotted in Calgary. I figure we can go make a point of saying hello. See how the little whore is doing.”

Jubilee nodded and lifted the edge of her coat to reveal a small, silvery dagger. “Wonder if Xavier liked our little gift box?”

“I don’t know,” Rogue grinned steadily. “What do you think?”

“I think he might like it better if we were to put something in it… after all it is only an empty box!”

Laughing softly Rogue tugged her jacket into place and belted it securely. Glancing up at the opening of the door she met Logan’s gaze steadily.

“Where are you going?” Logan asked softly as he walked toward them.

“To get some ice,” Jubilee replied stomping a foot into her steel-toed boot.

“You uh want some company?” Tank asked softly.

Sharing a glance Rogue shrugged, “If you want to come. We’re not planning on being nice though.”

“Good,” Logan growled as he trailed a finger down her streaks, “Nice isn’t what he deserves.”

“Should we get Scott and Kitty?” Tank paused momentarily.

“Naw, let ‘em rest. They had a busy night.”

Jubilee flushed slightly and looked at Tank, “Uh yeah.”


Digging out his keys Logan walked toward the four-by-four. Glancing up at the sudden snort from the door he smirked at Scott, “What’s up?” he asked giving him a telling look.

“Heard you guys in the hallway. You heading out to kick some ass?”

“No, just going for ice.” Rogue replied. “You and Kitty mind holding down the fort?”

“Not at all. Just remember it’s your turn on kitchen duty tonight.”

“I haven’t forgotten. If we’re late just order in pizza or something.”

“Okay but if you’re too late Kitty’s gonna start…”

“Hey, we’re going out. Just enjoy the solitude,” Jubilee stated calmly. “Because when we get back Kitty’s gonna be working overtime.”

Studying them Scott nodded slowly, obviously this was something they had to do. Keeping his opinions to himself he watched in silence as they left. Long after the taillights had faded he stood there wondering just when Xavier would wise up.



Hunkered in the dark alleyway Logan glanced at Tank before nodding at the pair of young women who were hunched together. They’d been waiting, watching for the better part of an hour and all of them were aware that Robert Drake was located in the room across the way.

Shifting, getting impatient Logan shifted toward Rogue, only to stop at her upraised hand. A moment later the lines of her body tensed, her shoulders rolled and the first inches of her claws slid out soundlessly.

A glance at Jubilee showed the same tension, the same gathering of well trained muscles and Logan smirked. They’d learned and learned well.

“Stay here,” Rogue’s soft command had Logan and Tank sharing a furious look as the two girls slid out into the street. A moment later the sound of a body hitting something hard echoed into the alleyway and they flinched.

With the cloak of darkness still about them Rogue and Jubilee ambushed Bobby, knocking him unconscious. Hefting him between them they slipped into the shadows, easily taking the round about way back to the darkness of the rear alley.

Dumping him Rogue stared with disdain at him. Obviously being Jean Grey’s lover wasn’t all it was cracked up to be if the dark shadows and the weariness that clung to him was any indication. Or perhaps he was becoming aware of just what he’d become. Either way she felt no sympathy for him.

“What do you wanna do now?” Jubilee asked hunched down by his body, her blade swinging between her fingers.

“Nothing here. We need to take him somewhere quiet; somewhere we can have a little fun without worrying about someone callin’ the cops.”

“That old warehouse we passed might work. It’s pretty run down…”

“It’s perfect,” Rogue replied quickly before turning and spotting Tank and Logan moving toward them. “Can you carrying him over there?” she pointed to the shadow of the building she was about to take over.

“Can Logan drink beer like water?” Tank replied and hefted the smaller man over his shoulder.

Sitting on the empty crates left behind Logan and Tank watched Jubilee and Rogue. The two women stood shoulder to shoulder, their heads tilted as they contemplated the man hanging from his wrists a good three feet off the floor.

He was slowly regaining consciousness and the women were waiting impatiently for him to awaken. Rogue kept flicking her claws in and out, Jubilee tapped a toe impatiently before shifting to rub shoulders with Rogue before making a soft snorting sound.

“We need something to wake him up.”

“Cold water?”

“Hot water would be better,” Jubilee drawled and whipped around searching for a water pipe. “I wonder if the water is still on in this dump.”

“Probably not.”

“Too bad,” Jubilee grumbled and grabbed a nearby container. After checking it for holes she walked over to the men, “Here could you fill this up?”

“We ain’t water taps,” Tank stated.

“So? You gotta piss sometime,” Jubilee replied and turned to Rogue, “Right?”

“She has a point,” Rogue stated without turning away from her vigil.

Exchanging a concerned glance Logan took the plastic container, “You owe us kid.”

Jubilee smirked at him, “Well pay you back sometime.”

“Foot rubs,” Tank clarified. “Nice, long foot rubs.”

“Spoilsport,” Jubilee said even as Logan handed the container to Tank. A few moments later balancing it carefully she walked over to their dangling prey. “Hey dickhead wake up.”

Tossing the contents at him both grimaced at the acrid stench even as they watched him sputter and jerk in his binds.

Glancing up, Bobby froze as he saw who had him. Keeping silent he glanced around uneasily. No one at the mansion knew where he was. He had simply walked away during a routine inspection and now he wished desperately that he’d told someone.

“Nice to see you’re awake. Oh I wouldn’t worry about escape,” Rogue drawled trailing a claw over his thigh toward his groin. “There is no one within a hundred feet that’s gonna hear you scream. And the fact that you have a gag on will muffle it even more.”

Jerking in his binds he glared at her, hatred and fury bright in his eyes.

“Oh puleaze,” Jubilee stared at her nails. “You can struggle all you want to, ain’t nobody gonna care. Now then, onto the business at hand. Right Streaks?”

“Oh yes, Fury has a little problem that she wants you to take care of,” Rogue declared with a quick grin. “See she’s been feelin’ a little pissed lately and since you seem to like bondage she figured you’d help out.”

“MMmmhphhhmm.”

“No, not really,” Rogue declared and glanced at Jubilee who had moved a little closer to the dangling legs. “Fury?”

“Definitely not,” Jubilee replied pulling on a pair of heavy leather gloves. A moment later she grabbed Bobby’s jeans and pulled, jerking them off his body. “No sense in wasting good denim. Someone a lot less fortunate might be able to use them.”

“You got any idea what they’re doing?” Tank whispered to Logan as they watched the slow, methodical stripping of the young man.

“Not a clue,” Logan replied. “But knowing them as we do, I can guess it’s something that’s not going to be pretty.”

“Gotta admit the bottle neck in the arse was a good idea,” Tank chuckled softly.

“Yeah it was,” Logan shifted at the muted scream from across the room. Staring at the thin line of blood that trailed down Iceman’s leg he wondered what the girls were planning.

“So you up for a bit of shopping?” Jubilee asked as she drew another line from Iceman’s groin down to his knees with her blade. “I could really use some new boots.”

“Delighted. Ooh, how about a day at the spa?”

“Panther will love it! A day of being pampered, of being treated like a queen, I can’t wait.”


Flinching s the girls got more and more vicious Logan patted his pockets in search of a cigar. Finding none he growled under his breath only to look at Tank when he handed him a pack of cigarettes.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it.” Tank eyed Iceman’s limp body. He had more than one broken bone in his body, and the amount of cuts, both small and large was astounding. What was even more astounding that he was only now starting to show the signs of blood loss, of his wounds. “They’re good.”

“Very,” Logan agreed. They’d been taught well, maybe a little too well.

Rolling her shoulders Rogue dropped her head slightly, her eyes narrowing as she clenched her hands. A moment later her claws were out and imbedded knuckle deep in Bobby’s chest. Staring into his face she smirked as she felt his heart slow around her claws, “Guess what bitch. You picked the wrong whore to mess with,” she muttered as he sputtered, his body twitching as the life ebbed out.

“Well that was fun,” Jubilee stretched and wiped her blade off on the only clean spot on Bobby’s shirt. “Anyone up for pizza?”

“Naw, more into Chinese,” Rogue declared ignoring the stunned look on the men’s faces. “Right after we send Bobby here home.”

Smirking Jubilee nodded and glanced around, “Uh how are we going to do that? We don’t’ really have any coffins here.”

“Who needs one,” Rogue demanded as she cut him down. “Just grab a crate, pack it full of material and some of that black rubber stuff. We’ll dump him into it and send him home via whatever method we can.”

“You know I have no objection to killing him but aren’t you…?” Tank started as Logan growled softly at the girl seemingly indifference.

Leaving Jubilee to find the items Rogue walked over to them and sank to the ground at Logan’s feet. Resting her head against his knee she sighed, “I touched him.”

”When?”

“The bottle incident,” Rogue whispered softly. “Jubilee wasn’t the only one.”

“What?”

“He did that before,” Rogue looked up at Logan, “He hurt Kitty a long time ago.”

“So she wasn’t…”

“No. Kitty buried it because they were out on a date but Bobby got off on the memory. One of the reasons he likes sleeping with Jean.”

“Well he ain’t gonna be boning her again,” Logan growled glaring the dead body. “Damn should have gotten in a kick or two myself.”

“No,” Rogue rested a hand on his thigh, “We had to do this. We had to collect payment.”

“So now what?”

“Now we go back to doing what we do best,” Rogue stated calmly. “We help those who can’t help themselves. We do what Xavier never thought we would ever do. We move on.”

Staring at her Logan smiled slowly before leaning forward to press his face into her hair, “God I’m glad you’re mine.”

“Me to,” Rogue giggled softly, “Now then you got any ideas on how to get him back to New York without stinking up the world?”

“Yeah,” Logan nodded and smirked at them, “Ice.”

“Ice?”

“Sure. We need to get a large amount of ice. Once he’s frozen he’ll keep.”

“Uh guys,” Jubilee called, “Did you know he could freeze himself?”

“NO,” Rogue hurried over to him and noticed the slowly gathering ice crystals in the blood. “Seems he might be able to heal sorta. Let’s see how well he can.” With a quick, ruthless swipe she severed his head from his shoulders and kicked it into the box. “Dump something on it so he can’t reconnect to it.”

An hour later with the box firmly in place on the back of a freezer truck, Logan watched as Rogue and Jubilee touched fists with a proud smile. Both were strong, both were willing to do whatever they had to for the others. He knew they were aware that this might just send Xavier over the edge but they could face it, he could face it.

“Hey someone said something about food?”

“Let’s go home instead,” Jubilee looked at Tank and Logan, “Kitty’s probably worried out of her mind.”

“I’ll drive.” Rogue declared as they walked away from the warehouse. They would rest for a moment but when Xavier got their little package it would mean trouble and they would need to be prepared.

Glancing at Logan out of the corner of her eye she smiled. Being prepared was easy for them… after all they were born prepared.