"Rogue, dear?" Mystique's deep voice cut through all the air in the room.

Rogue quickly jumped up and went to her, "Yeah, I'm here."

"Did you get them, dear?"

"Get what?" Rogue pretended not to understand and rubbed the side of her head.

"The security codes! Did you obtain the secruity codes to the mansion from him!" she screamed at the young girl.

Rogue clenched her eyes shut to imply that her volume had hurt her fake headache, "No." she answered quietly.

"No?! What the hell do you mean no?!" The blue woman grabbed her upper arm and clenched her tightly.

"He..um..he didn't know them," she tried, whincing when the pain only increased.

"What do you mean he didn't know them? Of coarse he knows them!! He is Xavier's most trusted member!"

"Evidently Xavier changes the codes every thursday. Today's thursday. So he wouldn't know the new ones," pain was evident in her voice but she did all she could to hide it.

Mystique glarred at her then released the girl, "Fuck. The old man always was paranoid."

Rogue nodded and rubbed her arm but the friction on her spandex suit only made it hurt more.

"Fine. Tomorrow I want the entire layout of the mansion. I want to know what and who are in every single room. I'm assuming Xavier doesn't change that up on a daily bases. You got that?"

Rogue nodded.

The blue woman looked over at the heap of the X-Man slumped against the far wall and became instantly proud of her adopted daughter. She had the power to show the humans real fear. She turned to leave then gave the girl another look.

"Rogue, dear, what is the matter? You seem more jumpy than usual."

"Oh, um, sorry. It's his memories. He's just, um, a really fucked up guy, ya know?"

She nodded, "I'm sure. And don't swear, dear." She excepted the explanation and shut the door behind her.

A breathy 'holy shit' escaped Rogue's lips when she finally allowed herself to breathe again.

Wolverine figured that was a sign that he could stop playing the victim and he sat up and tried to get comfortable. Then he just decided he would settle with getting some of the pressure off his shoulder blades.

He looked over at Rogue and noted that she was just starring at the door, wringing her gloved hands.

"That was pretty good, kid," he finally was able to get some what comfortable. "But you know, you could have just grabbed her, drained her power and use it to get me the fuck out of here." That was one of the plans he came up with during his little acting performance.

"Fuck you." was her answer and he cocked his eyebrow at her in surprise.

She turned to look at him then, "I'm not using my skin on the woman who took me in, gave me a home and raised me, thank you very much."

"Yeah. Moms are always using their kids as murdering machine for world domination and bruisn' em up when they don't do what they want. I just wanna get sick from all the love." he added.

"Fuck you," she repeated and stormed out of the room. The heavy metal door slammed so hard under her super human strength he could feel the vibrates go from the wall down the chain and into his adamantium bones.

***** ****** ******
****** ****** *****

Wolverine growled in frustation. Four days he'd been chained to this wall and his nose was itching like hell under his mask. Everyday she came in and they'd either just stare at each other or start cussing each other out. Then Mystique or Destiny would come in and she'd feed them another completely ridiculous story. He was being to reconsider his opinion that Mystique wasn't a moron like the rest of them when she bought her story that the X-Men's emergency safety compound was in a small village in Yugoslavia. It was all he could do to surpress the groan when she'd said it, figuring that they were caught. But the blue bitch bought it and Rogue said she had even sent Blob there to keep look out. 'Fucking Yugoslavia?' he had said to her when Mystique left. She just shrugged saying it was the only thing that came to her.

"Honey, ahm home," her cynical voice floated to his ears and he glared at her.

"You know what? Why don't you just drain me and then I wouldn't have to deal with your shit," he growled.

"Now, be nice. I'm baring gifts," now that got his attention and he instantly shut his mouth. It was probably fucking Mystique.

"Ya said yesterday that I was the only one that ever came in here so I figured, ya know, that means ya ain't eating," she pulled out a plate from behind her back and exclaimed "TADA."

To say the girl was always full of surprises was an understatment. "What the fuck are you doing? Is it like fucking posioned or something?"

She rolled her eyes at him and set the plate down on the table. "No, sugah. Its not. I just figured you'd need your strength to get outta here. 'Cuz ahm not carrying ya heavy ass."

She finally was able to retrive the key she had tucked down in her glove and grabbed the plate again and went to the door of the cage.

"Alright, ahm comin' in. But you gotta promise not to kick me or some shit like that." she hestitated holding the door of the cage open not yet stepping in.

"No promises, darlin'" he answered honestly.

Her hand flew to her hip in aggreviation, "You know, you are the most ungratiful piece of shit that ever walked this earth. I'm sparein' ya from my skin, cuz believe me, sugah, it ain't no hair off my hide to drain you. Then I give you my own damn food and--"

He cut her off, "Your food?"

"Yes, my food. Don't you think someone would notice I was takin' extra food? Ahm tryin' real hard not to get caught here."

"Then maybe you shouldn't say dumbass things like Yugoslavia."

"You want this food or not?"

Fuck he was hungry and there was no point in denying it. He figured not inflicting bodily harm on her for a few minutes was a trade off he could make. "Fine." he grunted.

She slowly inched her way over to him and kneeled down beside him, setting the plate down. He stretched his legs out and she jerked back at the movement.

He laughed a little, "Just getting comfy, kid."

She called him an asshole and sat back up.

"You gonna undo these chains?" he asked hopefully.

"Hell no, I'm not that stupid. You'd claw me and steal my food."

He nodded to himself that she was probably right. Though he wasn't sure if he would halt his escape to eat the damn muffin and shit. Yep. He decided. He'd claw her up good but leave her the food. Can't say he ain't a generous man.

"That thing's probably uncomfortable, you want me to take it off," he snapped out of his self and at first she was talking about the chain. But then he notice she was looking at his mask.

"No" he snarled.

"Oh come on, your head needs to breathe."

He glarred at her but damn if his nose wasn't still itching too. He grunted another 'fine.'

His navy blue eyes locked onto her hands as they slowly reached up to his face. She lightly placed her hands on his jaw and slid two fingers under his mask. The soft material of her gloves caressed his face as she moved her hands up to his cheeks, taking the mask further up. He had to clench his eyes shut fighting the feel of her gloves against his stratchy stuble. When her hands moved through his hair he couldn't stop his head from going back to follow them, reluctant to end the contact. When the mask was completely off her hands left him and he wanted to growl and tell her to put them back. Then he told himself to get a fucking grip.

"My nose itches," he finally offered to end the uncomfortable silence between them.

Her face eased into a gentle smile and she gave him release and stratched her nails over his nose a couple of times. She torn off a piece of the muffin and put it in front of him mouth and smirked at him.

He leaned forward and took it from her fingers. And made sure to bite down on them hard. She jerked her hand back and messaged the tips of her fingers.

"Shit, Wolverine. Ah should just let you starve!"

He swallowed the dry muffin, "Probably."

She sat back but her face didn't show anger anymore and he wasn't sure how to handle it. Her eyes bore into his but they wouldn't tell him anything either. He couldn't read anything into her smelling scared because she always smelled scared. He figure'd she was always expecting to be caught.

"What?" he finally asked.

She looked down at the plate then broke off another chuck of the muffin, but let her hand just rest in her lap, starring at it. Then she flipped her hair over her shoulder then raised the food to his face again.

"Sabertooth showed up today," she whispered.

He knocked her hand away with his head, eating was the last of his worries, "What?!"

Rogue lowered her hand back onto her lap and nodded, not looking at him.

"Fuck!"

"Yeah."

He studied her for a second then came to a decision, "Kid, you're gonna have to touch me. He's gonna be able to tell if you're lying."

She lifted her head to look at him and shook her head, "No. I can do it."

"The fuck you can. He's gonna smell you're lying before you even open your mouth." This little plan of hers was going south real quick and he knew it. They were both royally screwed.

"I'll...I'll.." she looked around the room like someone had placed the answer somewhere on the wall, "I'll just stay away from him. I'll... wear lots of perfume around him or something."

He had to give the kid credit. She had guts. And they were about to be spilled all over the place because he knew there was no way Sabretooth was falling for this little play of theirs.