He was surprised when she didn't come back then next day but later that night instead. He watched her quietly ease through the door into the room and shut it just as carefully. She wasn't wearing her usual green suit but just a regular pair of pajama pants and t-shirt. He was amazed how much she looked like any normal girl that could be running around the mansion.

Then he realized her presence probably wasn't a good sign. "What are you doing here, kid?"

She quickly walked over and unlocked the door without any of the hestation of last time and sat on the floor across from him. A good four feet away from him.

"Sabretooth said you should be watched at all times, so I volunterred for tonight," she explained.

"And he agreed to that?" He was generally surprise he didn't want to come in here and 'greet' him personally.

She began tugging at her short gloves, "Yeah, well, I don't think he wanted to but then..he..um..he ah..went in Mystique's and Destiny's room."

And now he really wanted to be sick, "I didn't need to know that, kid."

"Yeah, me neither."

They went back to silence between them. And he knew he desperately needed a new plan. He couldn't count on her to get him out of here anymore. Hell, he never really considered that her plan was even a viable option. He just hadn't come up with anything better yet.

"Oh!" her exclaim jerked his attention back to her as she pulled something out of the pocket of her pants. She crawled over to him and began unwrapping it.

"It's an energy bar, I grabbed it earlier,"

He ate it, this time opting not to bite her fingers off because he really was hungry. He took the last bite from her and noticed her arm as she pulled it away.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

She blinked at him in confusion and he nodded his head toward her arm.

"Oh. Um, Pryo burned me last week. Something about I gave him a dirty look or somethin'. Who knows, he's always complain'." She laid her hand over the burn on her forearm. It really wasn't that big, she was surprised he even saw it.

"He burned you?! I hope you laid the little bastard out."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Why? So him, Avalanche, and Blob can gang up on me? No thank you."

He didn't understand why he was so mad that the little fire shit had burned her. Hell, he wanted to claw her up piece by piece. But then again she had done a lot worse to him than give him dirty looks so as he figured he intitled to feel like that.

She wiped her hands on her pants and stood up, "Well, I guess ahm just gonna sleep on that table or something. Let me know if you need anything."

She turned away but just as he opened his mouth she turned her head back around to face him, "Don't need anything." she added.

He fought the grin that wanted to come out. He decided he liked Rogue enough that he'd kill her quickly when he got out. He could see her curl up on the table and thought to himself it was a damn shame that a woman with that good a figure and a baby face with attitude to spare would have to die so young. But a evil bitch was a evil bitch. Besides, whatever he did to her would be humane compared to whatever Sabretooth would plan when he found out.


***********

'Wolverine. Wolverine.' The fucking assholes would not stop taunting him. It was one thing to rip his skin open and use his body for their twisted as shit experiments. But calling his name over and over again for what felt like for fucking ever was just beyond curelty. Wolverine. Wolverine. Over and fucking over again. Finally he couldn't take any more. A grizzled scream escaped his throat and he let the claws free to do their damage to the fuckers.

But they didn't sink into lard filled flesh like he had hoped. Instead the were only able to come out a few inches before they collided with the adamantium wall and were for stopped, sending a shock wave of blinding pain up his forearm.

"Fucking shit," he screamed again as if to release some of the pain from his body.

The next sensation that struck him was that something was rubbing against his knee.

"Wolverine, wake up."

He groaned, coming back to reality. Another god damn fucking dream. When the hell had he fallen asleep, anyway? "Get your god damn hand off me, I'm awake."

"Ya alright, sugah? You were moanin' pretty bad there."

"I'm just perfect."

"Shit, I'll get you a rag or somethin'." She used his shoulders to push herself up and he wanted to scream at the added pain it put in his arms.

"I don't want a damn rag," he hissed.

"Your hands are bleeding pretty bad there."

"They'll stop."

She rolled her eyes at him but dropped it. "So what do you think I should do?" She ended up asking the question without meaning to.

"Go to hell sounds good to me."

The look in her eyes scared him for a minute. Fuck if she didn't look like she was gonna cry. How many times a day did he tell her to go fuck herself? And he really did feel bad about saying it now. Now because she was stroking his cheek with that gloved hand of hers and he was starting to wonder why the hell he hadn't tried gloves in the bedroom before. The hand followed the same path it had done earlier that day and it was almost pain how slow it finally went into his hair. He couldn't help it, not this time. He actually groaned. And when her fingers tightened and gripped a chunk of his hair he braced himself for the kiss he hoped he'd get to enjoy for a few seconds before passing out.

But his lips did not meet hers. Instead the back of his head was forcefully slammed into the wall.

"Fuck!" he tried to lung at her. He pull so hard it felt like the chains actually gave a little to him, but he still wasn't able to reach her, she was already leaning on the opposite side of the cage with her arms crossed on her chest.

"You little bitch!" he growled.

"You gonna tell my momma on me?" He hated that damn smile on her face.

"When I get out of here, you're the first person I'm clawin' up, kid."

She left the cage and locked the door behind her, "You're welcomed to try, sugah."