"Fuck, kid, get up!" he repeated the command she had given him not ten minutes ago. Her response, however, was not nearly as eloquent as his. He couldn't tell if it was a groan, a whimper, or her swearing at him. Maybe it was some combination of all of them.

Whatever it was, it was apparent she was making no attempt to get up, or at least none that would get them out of there in the next week or so. The bad Wolverine on his left shoulder was chanting 'Leave her. Leave her. Mystique and Sabretooth will take care of her,' in his ear. The good Wolverine on his other shoulder said, 'No. You wanted to claw her. Now's the time. It will save her from Mystique and
Sabretooth!" He had to admit the good Wolverine had a point. It didn't look like the kid was going to making it anyway; it was just a matter of how much pain she would be in when she did finally croak.

It was the god damn Wolverine in the middle that was threatening that he'd never be the human he wanted to be if he did anything less than get the girl to safety. He hated that Wolverine. It was the same one that made him go on Chuck's fucking little missions to save the whole shitty world.

The roar that was a few hundred feet had all three of them yelling at him just to make up his fucking mind and get the hell out. He wrapped one arm around the girl's side and clenched her upper arm with his other hand and dragged her up off the floor against him. Damn if his hand on her side was getting warm and sticky. He swore several times from now both hands being covered in her blood and he wanted to be sick. Another call from Sabretooth reminded him that'd he'd just have to throw up later and he grabbed her tighter and made his way back down the corridor.

She made it ten large steps before she was swearing at him, "Just fuckin' leave me."

He gripped her arm even tighter to both get the message across that he wasn't about to fucking do that and because, at that point, she stopped supporting even a little bit of her own weight.

"God damnit, kid. Just try and keep your fucking legs moving!" Shit, he was doing all the work here and all she could do was complain? She swore at him again but weakly moved her legs in step with his. He took it as a sign that he could pick up the speed and he tried a little more of a run. Again he was dragging her but he didn't care because the door was straight ahead.

He kicked the door open and it easily obeyed his metal inlaid foot. Once outside he surveyed his surrounds and smelled nothing but woods. Nothing but god damn trees and squirrels. He kept moving anyway, although it was very unlikely without any kind of transportation they were going to get out of there.

No longer able to see the warehouse that had been his unwelcomed home for a week he figured it was okay to stop and take a breather, dragging the girl up the steep hill was more of a work out then his under nourished body could handle. And his fucking shoulders were throbbing so hard he thought about just cutting his god damn arm off. Then he remembered that his companion hadn't uttered a profanity at him for some time he turned her to look her in the face.

"Darlin', how we doing?" Again he couldn't get anything from her smell, nothing he didn't already know and it fucking drove him crazy.

She waved a bit on her feet and he quickly grabbed her arms again to keep her from falling over. She clenched his shoulders in her hands to keep her up right and he wanted to scream from the pain of it. But he let her keep them there, being the nice guy that he was.

"We're just outside of the city. New York-- Keep going west and you'll be there," she explained, although she didn't look at him. Her head stayed down and he didn't know if it was because she was nervous or scare or she just didn't have the strength to lift it.

"Alright then, I hope you're up to it. We're gonna have to pick the pace up here."

"No. Ahm not goin'. Ahm stayin' here." She lifted her head to look in his eyes. He thought the feel of her blood made him sick, seeing all the tears and sweat bruising all over her face made his shoulder seem like an orgasm compared to his stomach.

"We've gone over this, kid. I'm not fucking leaving you." He gripped her arm again, that had apparently worked pretty good the last time.

"No, Ahm not leavin' mah home, mah family. Ah fought hard to get them and ah not just leavin' em. They're all ah got!"

He wanted to laugh in her face. He wanted to laugh in her face and slap her good and hard. "Family? You're fucking kidding me, right? What? You think Mystique is gonna save you from Sabretooth? Huh? The bitch is going to hold your god damn ass down for him!"

She violently started to shake her head, again looking down.

"You need to realize something, darlin'. There's nothing but fucked up assholes back there. Assholes who are gonna want to rip you to pieces and get off on hearin' you scream. And if you think Mystique is any different then you're more fucking stupid and hopeless than I thought."

She tried to push him away, she really did. With everything she had she pushed. He had to grab both her arms to make sure she didn't fall backwards because of the action. "What do ya want? What the hell else am ah gonna do?" She was crying now. It made him feel better that they were at least angry tears; she wasn't reserved on dying right then and there.

"You're gonna come with me. We're gonna get you patched up." he offered.

"You're gonna take me to the X-Men? So they can finish me off? No thanks, ah'd rather have mah family do it then the people ah've been fighting against most mah life."

What is it with this kid that made him want to laugh? Maybe it was because she was so cynical it reminded him of himself. "Nah, kid. They're the good guys. The only one you gotta worry about is me."

She never got a chance to answer him. A red beam of light shot right past him and sent her flying into a tree six feet away. The branches and leaved shook violently and he looked at her lying crumbed and completely lifeless at the base.

"Logan, man, are you alright?" Cyclops came running up behind him and patted the back of his shoulder.

He hissed and knocked the hand off and turned to meet his favorite rival, "I was fucking fine, Scooter 'til you shot the god damn kid!"

"What are you talking about? I just saved your life!"

"It was already saved, dickhead."

He walked over to her and knelt down beside her. Carefully, he moved her hair out of her face and gave the white streaks an extra stroke. He always thought they were one of the things that made her the
instant hard-on that she was. Satisfied that he could still feel her pulse, even though it was weak, he lifted her into his arms as gently as he could. He thought that cradling her head against his shoulder would flare the up the pain but it was just the opposite. Having her in his arms made everything in him feel good. Even his always itching and throbbing knuckles were finally at peace.

"What the hell are you doing? You're not bringing her!" Cyclops stepped between him and the waiting blackbird. His clenched eyebrows disappeared beneath his visor and Logan swore that the asshole's eyes were squinting at him too.

"That's exactly what I'm doing, so move out of my fucking way." he moved to step around him but again he blocked him from advancing. "If she fucking dies in my arms, One-Eye, I'm going to cut you into god damn chunks and feed you to fucking Sabretooth!"

"Logan--" he stopped when the other man growled at him the sighed and moved to the side. "I'll be speaking to the Professor about this!" he said as they both made their way up the ramp.

"Yeah, what the fuck else is new, prick."



**********************************************************************

He stared down at her from his chair in the med lab. He fucking hated the med lab. Even if Jeanie offered to fuck him there he wouldn't want to go in. Damn white walls and that smell, what the hell was that smell anyway? It all made his skin crawl and his nightmares daydreams.

But the med lab was where he was for an hour every fucking day for over a week now. Jeanie patched her side up the best she could and stitched up the rest of what looked like little scraps in comparison. She said her shoulder had been dislocated. He patted himself on the back for being psychic after all. The concussion and the burn on her chest looked almost as bad as her side. Fucking One- Eye.

He told her over and over again to wake up. But of course, she never listens to him. Hell, she was probably doing the opposite of what he said just to spite him. That thought made him laugh. The groan only his sensitive ears could pick up made him stop instantaneously.

"Mornin', darlin'."

Closely he watched her lick her lips and give her arms a tug. He watched the look on her face as it contorted when she realized restraints held her to the bed. Chuck's request.

"Not a nice way to wake up, is it?" He tried not to smirk at her, but they weren't lying when they said revenge is sweet.

But she didn't seem to mind and just laid there. She went from licking her lips to clenching her eyes shut and repeated the process several times.

"Where am ah?" He wanted to read her eyes but she wouldn't let him. Evidently she decided it was better with them closed.

"The mansion." he answered then added, "Xavier's."

She gave him a small nod. "Am ah gonna live?"

He swallowed the lump that had unknowingly grown in his throat and thanked god no one else was in the fucking room, "What do you want me to tell you, kid?"

She shook her head and he wasn't sure if that meant that she didn't want to know or she wanted him to tell her she wasn't going to make it. That one action of hers nearly stopped his impenetrable heart and made him to the absolutely unthinkable.

"Do you want me to heal you?" Instantly he wished the words hadn't escaped his mouth. Thoughts like that were reserved for self-mutilation after she died.

Again she shook her head, releasing him from his offer and he wanted to kiss her thank you for again saving him. Because he really did not want to do it.

"Listen, when you get better--, "in his head he corrected himself with if, "you're gonna stay here. You're not going back to those mother-fuckers."

Slowly she opened her eyes. Her cloudy, dull green ones meeting his fevered blue. "Why?"

"You said it yourself, darlin'. You need a home and a family now. This is one hell of a house and there's tons of little brats here that would do you some good to run around with."

"They'd…They'd," she had to swallow to get some moisture back into her dry, scratchy throat, "they'd never trust me, ah'd... ah'd be-"

"What?" he interrupted her, "An outcast? A Rogue? You already are, kid. These are the fucking good guys. If anyone is gonna take you in its going to be these shitheads." He told himself he really shouldn't call them shitheads. Hell, they took his ass in and gave him a home and all that shit. Coarse they sent him all over the place to get his ass torn to hell but---- Yeah. Shitheads.

She managed a little snort, "That's what you said last time before that twit Cyclops blasted me."

God she was perfect. "How 'bout this: If you stay here and promise to be a good lil' girl. No attacking or killin' anybody and behavin' at least a mile within the rules I promise to protect you. From my shitheads, from your assholes, and from any other random fucker who comes along. We got a deal?" He didn't know why he said it. But he didn't regret it like when he offered to heal her. He was okay with
this outburst of the heart. Protecting her and making she she didn't regret what she did for him was something he had to do. He wanted to keep that fire cracker and defiant little bitch in this world as long as he could. Not only that but Scooter wouldn't like that idea at all, so that right there proved it was the right thing to do.

The eyes he stared at now weren't dull like there where a minute ago. Instead they were a deep, glossy green that reminded him of life itself. "You promise?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"Yeah, darlin'. I promise." Mentally he reminded her that she had to live first.