The snow continued to fall down, the wind ceasing a little to allow the flakes to float down much more gracefully. A bright spherical moon peeked free of the silver clouds, illuminating the forest floor surprisingly well as the light reflected off the gathered snow.

The soft sounds of gasps and cries were all that was heard as Logan continued to drag Rogue through the snow. He had since skulked off into the nearby woodland, his grip not wavering on her wrist. He paid no attention to her discomfort as she was pulled along, her struggles in vain. Eventually, he stopped, Rogue releasing a quiet pant as she pushed herself off her front, quickly swiping her long hair back from her face so she could see.

Her eyes nervously lifted upon Logan who was crouching once more, continuing to watch her intently. The moonlight through the surrounding trees cast him in an eerie half shadow. Rogue swallowed uncertainly as she sat back on her rear, her clothes uncomfortably wet and cold. She stared back at Logan; her heavy breathes escaping her mouth in small clouds of condensation. She swallowed again as her hands pressed against the snowy ground, attempting to push herself to her feet. Bad move. The instant she tried to get herself upright, Logan had pounced rather abruptly and pinned her down into the snow.

With a weak, “Oh God,” Rogue found the wind knocked out of her as her back slammed down on the cold earth. Her eyes focused upon Logan’s face, which hovered inches above hers. His eyes remained as wild as ever, unrecognisable to her. He had his large hands firmly on her shoulders, his thighs straddling her hips and keeping her securely pinned down.

“I-I’m sorry,” stammered Rogue. “I just wanted to.. stand up..” She licked her lips nervously as she stared up at him, “But y’know.. I’ll just stay here.”

Appearing to not understand her, or take notice, Logan lowered his head besides hers, quickly causing Rogue to turn her face away from him. He seemed to be displeased at her dislike to the intimacy, for there was a warning snarl sounding in his throat. She could not press her cheek down into the snow much further, and was more or less trapped when Logan brought his nose closer to the side of her exposed neck. The touch wasn’t harmful; clearly his mutation was still actively fighting against her powers.

“Logan,” she protested quietly, her eyes closing in discomfort. He persisted in ignoring her, his nose continuing to inhale her scent. He moved over the contour of her jaw line and over towards her face, where the rough touch of his facial hair caused Rogue to make a soft noise in apprehension. “Logan, please..” her voice was sounding tearful now. Her hands tried to come upwards, awkwardly pressing against his chest as she tried to pull herself from under him.

The instant she managed to lift herself slightly, he released a volatile growl and slammed her back down much harder than before. Rogue’s head was thrown back down against the hard earth, white lights flashing in her eyes as the pain reverberated around her head. Her eyes tightly closed as she attempted to stop her head from spinning. She was distracted enough for Logan’s next action to take her by surprise, he had grabbed at her coat and proceeded to roughly remove it from her body. During her earlier struggles, it was almost already off, and he succeeded quickly in its removal. Rogue’s eyes flew open as she felt his hands attempting to remove her shirt and she gave a horrified cry as her gloved hands grabbed him by the wrists.

“No! NO! Stop it!” she screamed at him, her struggles back in full force as she writhed and kicked underneath him. The Wolverine in the back of her mind knew what was coming and it had hurled her on quick alert. He appeared thrown by her sudden outburst, and Rogue was able to scramble away, awkwardly crawling through the snow until she slumped against the base of the closest tree, huddling against the cold bark with dry sobs shuddering from her quivering body. “Stay away from me,” she whispered quietly as she lowered her head against the tree. “Please..”

Logan canted his head slowly as he sat back, appearing to observe her for a moment. Eventually, he pushed himself upwards and travelled towards her on all fours. He sat himself back down besides her, staring at her now he was closer.

“Go away,” she told him in a weak voice. Logan simply raised his hand to try and take her by the arm. His face showed apparent confusion as to why she was reacting this way. Rogue recoiled at his advances, her face darkening in anger as she screamed, “GET AWAY FROM ME!” An angry snarl sounded in response, Logan’s face quickly consorting into a fierce expression. Rogue’s eyes stared at him, swiftly fearing her outburst might have just cost her. He advanced towards her, the tree behind her now blocking her in. Sobs sounded from Rogue against as she pressed herself back against the tree. “Please, Logan..” she shook her head weakly, tears spilling from her eyes, “Don’t do this.”

The rare gentleness had completely left his actions now. His soft nuzzles were no more as his hands forcefully grabbed her by the arms and threw her down on her back against the cold forest floor. He climbed on top of her easily, resuming his straddling position. His hair hung untidily over his blazing eyes, the brown mane dotted with snow. He remained unresponsive to the cold surroundings on his naked body. Wide, shining eyes stared up into his, gentle pants shaking Rogue as she felt herself frozen with a blind panic. The anger didn’t leave Logan’s face as his claws shot from his knuckles. In one smooth, swift motion, the claw tips sliced down her torso, turning her clothes to mere shreds that he discarded easily. Unable to move her limbs, Rogue felt herself shaking under his touch as he brought his face close to hers again, roughly nosing her cheek before she felt his teeth skim the delicate texture of her throat.

It was one last moment of desperation as Rogue forced her voice to work before things took a turn for the worse. “Logan.. please. I know you’re still in there somewhere.” He brought his head up from hers, appearing to take notice of her voice at last. “Listen to me..” she begged him, her chest heaving beneath his as she made a gentle sob. “Please..” she whispered. Her last chance.

His eyes scanned her features, and for the first time, he spoke. “Marie?” She found fear in his voice, the same emotion quickly flying into his wide eyes.

“Rogue!” a voice called through the trees as several running footsteps could be heard thrashing through the undergrowth. But she was staring up at Logan with her eyes locked on his. But out of nowhere, red light shot forth, striking Logan on the side of his torso and he was thrown off of Rogue’s body with a pained roar. Rogue felt herself surrounded by a warm embrace as Storm came upon her, cradling her naked body inside her silver cape. Rogue panted shakily as she stared at Logan’s distant body where he lay unconscious on his front in the snow. Scott was at his side, cautiously checking the mutant’s state.

“It’s all right, Rogue,” whispered Storm as she gathered her against her protectively. “You’re safe now.”

Rogue’s tears continued as she turned her head towards Storm, slumping into her hold with heartbroken tears. Her trembling fingers clung onto the cape as she buried her face into the woman’s chest. She drew herself tightly together, completely covered by the cape as Storm reassuringly held her – but still with regard for her dangerous skin. The woman rocked Rogue in her arms with reassurance, turning the crying girl away from Logan as Scott and Jean set about to levitating his unmoving form.