And so with a bottle of beer in one hand and a freshly clipped cigar in the other, Logan seated himself outside in a bid to clear the sudden confusion in his head that had returned when their kiss had parted. Really, he was a man who didn’t think about his actions much; he was rash, crude and never thought about the consequences. Which brought him to another question: Just what did Rogue see in him?

He was sure Rogue wasn’t shallow, and so dismissed the fact she had become enthralled by his muscles (which was what the majority of women seemed to noticed first about Logan.) There had to be something more to him, something he wasn’t even aware of.

Or maybe she did just like his muscles.

With an irritated growl Logan chugged back a large mouthful of beer, swallowing it down roughly. He was really unsure of how to tread now. For so long he had dismissed possible feelings he had for Rogue under the guise that she was a kid, and too innocent, too delicate to fall under his heavy affections. Of course, he had been denying himself of this admission for so long, and was sure his answer came clear as they kissed. She was something he shouldn’t have had the pleasure to meet, someone he didn’t deserve, but he still wanted her - a guilty pleasure, almost.

So what did he need to think about?

First of all, did he love her? Well, if love meant to cherish someone, to enjoy every moment they have in their presence and to be willing to risk absolutely anything for that one person, then yes, he loved her. He loved everything about her, from the soft dimple in her cheek when she smiled to the way her endearing southern accent occasionally played heavy on certain words.

“Logan?” that very accent floated across the stone balcony towards him, sounding quite thick. It always did sound that way when she was upset..

Logan slowly looked round to see her stood uncertainly in the double doorway that led out from the mansion’s upper floor corridor. A gloved hand rested on the doorframe whilst a foot swayed on its booted tiptoes behind her anxiously. He quickly pulled his cigar out of his mouth, extinguishing it on the stone surface of the low ivy-decorated wall that fenced in the balcony. “You ok?” he asked her.

She made a timid nod as she watched him, the foot placed behind her continuing to balance on its point nervously. “I.. I can go if y’want.. I was jus’ worried,” her eyes fell to watch the floor in front of her.

“No, it’s alright, c’mere..”

Following his reassurance, Rogue slowly made her way towards him, stopping besides his seat on the stonewall. She looked out at the large grounds of Xavier’s mansion before her eyes fluttered on him unsurely. “I know you wanted to think..”

“I’m done thinking’,” he told her with a small grin, “Y’know I ain’t one for thinkin’ too much, Marie.” His next actions surprised her, for he placed down his bottle of beer and slipped his arms about her narrow waist. He then drew her in towards his lap where he held her in a protective embrace. Rogue’s initial shock left her as she leant against his chest slowly to welcome the hold. “I’m sorry for worryin’ you,” he muttered softly in her nearest ear, the close proximity of his lips causing her to give a little shiver.

“It’s fine,” she assured him quietly, looking up into his face slowly.

Logan watched as her gentle brown eyes settled on his, her gaze so expectant and yearning. He lifted a hand to gently stroke a white streak behind an ear, his eyes watching hers in return. “Are you sure this is what you want?”

“More than anythin’,” confirmed Rogue, a smile upon her lips. At this, Logan leant in to give her cheek a gentle nuzzle, seeming more content that Rogue had ever seen him. Maybe this is what he needed, some stability in his reckless life.

And Rogue? Well, she just needed him. There was no two ways about it. The times she had apart from him where the worst times she’d ever had. Rogue settled her head back against his chest, arms tightening about him in their embrace. She heard him give a soft wince, and she abruptly straightened with concern in her eyes.

“No.. it’s just those wounds,” Logan said softly, a hand absently rubbing at the side of his abdomen. “Still a bit tender.” Frowning, Rogue slowly leant down to lift up the edge of his shirt, her eyes scanning the reddened flesh, which had healed over, but still looked rather sore.

“Do y’think they’ll be gone soon?” she asked softly, allowing his shirt to drop back down.

Logan shrugged his shoulders absently, settling his arms back around her waist. “Shouldn’t be much longer. I did worse to Sabretooth anyway, worry about him.”

Rogue grinned a little, leaning in to touch his nose with her own. “I don’t care about Sabretooth, why would I worry about him?”

Logan lifted a hand to play with one of her white streaks again, just letting the hair twirl slowly around a thick finger before he continued to fiddle with it. “Fair enough,” he answered softly, lips holding a small smile. “Y’know.. I was thinkin’.. you got a lot o’my memories in your head now, right?”

“And then some.”

“Exactly. I was wonderin’ if maybe you should try and tap into it.. like all that fightin’ ability.”

“I did for a short while, when Mystique came for me in Alberta. I just started fightin’.. even though I really don’t know how to. And then it went, and she got the upper hand.” Rogue regarded him for a moment, absently fingering the collar of his shirt. “I heard there’s a trainin’ room downstairs if you want to check it out.”

Logan looked intrigued at this. Maybe getting his heart rate up a bit would help his wounds get better quicker. “Y’want to go and try it out?” he asked, a grin on his face.

“Race you there!” Rogue suddenly announced, pushing out of his lap and making a run for the doors. Logan quickly pursued, chasing her off down the corridor which rung with their laughter and echoing footfalls.