Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm SOOOOO SORRY! I got internet banned for two damned weeks! Can you bloody well believe it!

Well, here it is, the long awaited next chapter!
Going Back


~Scott. I want to see you and Ororo in my office at once. Hank, you as well, if you please.~

After receiving three affirmations, Professor Charles Xavier leaned back in his chair. He’d been trying to reach Rogue over the first few weeks, but she’d been strong and kept him out. When he’d tried again, he’d felt her mind give a little with each attempt. He knew something about the girl had changed, he just didn’t know what. What he was sure of, was that it had everything to do with this mutant friend of hers coming along.

Rogue had always been a very private person, until Jubilation and Katherine had finally managed to break through to her. Not long after she’d begun dating, the walls she’d built around herself slowly crumbling. When she’d left the mansion two months ago, he was sure she’d never let anyone in again.

How wrong he was.

His office door opened and the three X-men came in, Hank shutting the door behind him.

“You called sir?” Scott was the first to speak.

“I’ve found her. And she wants to come home.”

“O, Professor, that’s wonderful!” Ororo exclaimed, Scott’s face fell a little but Hank did nothing.

“Scott, I need you to take the Blackbird along with Ororo and retrieve her from Canada. She’s hiding in a few hours from the border, into the Canadian Forests. You’ll be picking up another mutant with her. Hank, Rogue requested that you accompany them.” Holding up his hands he silenced the three mutants who had immediately started asking questions. “She insists she isn’t hurt, but she’d like to be checked up on. Scott, you’ll be taking the Blackbird to retrieve them, but for safety reasons Ororo must accompany you.”

“Sir?” Ororo was a little surprised. “Is she in any danger?”

Xavier shook his head. “I highly doubt that, but she’s in Canada, and seeing as the storms there have only ended not too long ago I thought it’d be wise to send you along.”

Scott, Ororo and Hank were all shocked. How’d she been able to survive the storms?

“Now isn’t the time for questions. She did request that we pick her up in two hours, but I can’t help feeling more than a little uncomfortable with that arrangement. I’d like you to get everything ready and set out within the next hour.”

With three nods they headed of to do as they were told.

Charles sat in his chair and waited, silently looking out the window and wondering what had happened to Rogue. She was like the daughter he’d never had the chance to have, and he worried about her. His thoughts kept drifting to this ‘mutant friend’ of hers she was bringing along. He didn’t doubt that this friend was a male, and that there was a new connection between them. She wouldn’t have been so insistent otherwise. He sighed, finally hearing the engines of the Blackbird in the distance. He sincerely hoped that Rogue was still the same person that he’d known before.



Marie smiled at Logan, her fingers running up and down his chest. Her skin was already pale and flawless again, the bite marks having disappeared not five minutes ago. As with her, Logan had also completely healed from every mark she’d left on him. Returning her smile, Logan was twirling one of her white strands in his fingers.

They were just taking each other in lazily, basking in the after glow of lazy, slow sex. *Incredible sex.* Unfortunately, at that very moment, three X-men were cautiously approaching the cabin. Marie and Logan picked up the foreign scents at the same time and they jumped out of the bed. Marie flew to the window, and was just in time to see Scott making his way out of the tree’s. She growled.

“What is it, baby?” Logan asked from behind her, ready to defend her at any costs. She sighed and looked around at him.

“Best get dressed, my lover. The cavalry has arrived.”

He nodded and they both got dressed in a hurry. Marie came to her gloves and scarf and looked at Logan.

“Logan, can we…can we just keep my skin a secret for a while?” she wasn’t sure she was ready for all the attention that would cause. In fact, she wasn’t ready to tell everyone about ‘them’ either, but she couldn’t ask that of Logan. Of course, she didn’t have too. He walked forward and twirled the scarf around her neck as she pulled the gloves on.

“We don’t need them to tell them anything yet, darlin’. You can tell them ‘bout everything as soon as you’re ready.” He didn’t like having to hide, but he cared too much for his Marie to see her get hurt. He’d do anything for her. It was surprising, how things had changed. How she’d gone from thorn in his side to the only person he’d ever truly love. And he’d gone from ‘Tool-to-bash-tree’s-with’ to her lover. He smiled.

Maire hugged Logan and took a deep breath. “Well, back to civilization now, I guess…” he nodded and released her just as there was a knock on the door below. With a last smile directed at each other they headed down the stairs. While she made for the door, Logan headed to the storeroom for his cigars. No way in hell was he going to leave them behind.

Marie hesitated at he door. She wanted to go back, but knowing it was Scott on the other side of the door, and that he was taking her back to Westchester, and Bobby, she was scared. She didn’t notice Logan behind her until she felt him kiss her cheek.

“It’ll be fine.”

She nodded and reached for the door, opening it slowly and forcing a smile as she saw Scott and ‘Ro on the other side.

“Hey Scott… ‘Ro…”

“Rogue!”

Neither noticed the large man standing a little to the side of Marie and they both hurried forward to hug her. Logan did notice them however. And he also noticed how they both took care not to touch her bare skin. It pleased him somewhat, knowing that he touched her. Only he did. He didn’t go unnoticed forever though. Scott was the first to see him…Well, Logan thought he saw him. Scott – he assumed – was wearing an odd red visor.

“I take it you’re the unexpected passenger.” Both ‘Ro and Marie turned as Scott addressed him. Marie didn’t appreciate his tone of voice, so she headed over to Logan, placing a gloved hand on his arm. He was scowling and he grabbed the first name that came at him, responding before Marie could.

“Head on, Scooter. Name’s Wolverine.”

Storm raised an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything as Rogue playfully hit this Wolverine’s arm.

“Be nice Scott.” She turned to Logan. “Well, that’s Scott Summers, or Cyclops…” Logan smirked at the name, “ …and this is Ororo Munroe, better known as Storm.” Logan nodded his head. Marie looked at him pointedly, and to the surprise of both ‘Ro and Scott, he sighed.

“Logan.” Marie smiled and turned back to the others.

“We going or what? I want to get back.”

They nodded and started back to the Blackbird. Scott was leading the way, Storm and Rogue behind him, and Logan just behind Rogue. Scott didn’t like this new mutant at all, but something told him that he shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions. He just frowned as they reached the large black jet and he headed up the ramp.

Logan stared at the giant machine in front of him. He’d never seen anything like it. One thing was for sure. These ‘X-guys’ had money. He followed Marie up the ramp when the scent of another mutant reached him. He growled and turned around, claws unsheathed, staring into the face of a furry blue mutant.

Marie was beside him in seconds. “Logan, it’s fine. This is Dr. Hank McCoy, or Beast.” Logan looked at her, not noticing how the others were all staring at the metal claws protruding from his fists, and ‘Ro jumped a little when they disappeared. He looked back at the other Mutant.

“Rogue’s right my friend. I mean you no harm.”

Logan cocked his head to one side, taking another deep breath. Unlike the scent of the other two, this mutant smelled different…familiar somehow. Logan held out his hand, surprising even Marie, but Hank merely smiled and took the offered hand.

“We’ll be taking of soon. I suggest you do whatever you need to do in the Medbay.” Scott said, turning and heading to the front, followed by ‘Ro. When they both disappeared into their seats, Marie took Logan’s hand and pulled him with her into the medical bay, behind Hank.

“I trust Hank with my life Logan. If we’re going to tell anyone, it should be him. He is one of my few good and true friends.”

Yes, he was trustworthy. Logan had smelled it on him. He simply nodded and as the door closed behind them, he pulled Marie to him and kissed her. He’d lifted her scarf to her mouth though, not sure if she wanted Hank to know about her skin yet. She appreciated it. The clearing of a throat brought them back to reality. Beast was smiling as they turned to face him.

“Well, well. I’m happy for you Marie.”

So, he knows her name…even though he called her Rogue before…It kicked up Logan’s respect for the creature up a few notches. He didn’t growl as Hank pulled her into a hug before turning to Logan. “Take good care of this one.”

Logan smiled and nodded. “She ain’t getting’ away from me, Blue.” Hanks simply nodded at the nickname before turning back to Marie, who was smiling broadly.

“Hank, I need you to keep this under wraps. I don’t want anybody to know about this, or a few other things yet. You know I trust you right?”

“Of course!” His eyes were twinkling. “So, why’d you want me to accompany those two over here?”

She smiled and headed to the table, sitting herself on it. “I need you to test whether I’m pregnant or not. I’m almost certain, but I just want a little assurance for both me and for my lovable, hard-headed fiancé.” She was still smiling, and now Logan was standing next to her, trademark smirk on his face as Hanks jaw fell to the ground.

“Pregnant? Fiancé? Marie, I’m SO happy for you!” This time he didn’t only hug Marie, but Logan as well. “Congratulations Logan. It brings me great joy to see dear Marie so happy.” With a smile he turned around and hurried to the small bag of supplies he’d brought along, happy now that he did. For some unexplained reason he always kept one or two pregnancy tests in it. Handing one to Marie he pointed her to a door. “In there.”

She jumped of the table, hugged Logan and disappeared.

“She’s something else, isn’t she?” he asked, staring after her. Hank came and stood next to him.

“That she is, Logan. I’m glad she found someone who isn’t bothered by her skin…” as he said this, something nagged at the back of his mind, but he pushed it aside, for now, “…especially after everything she’s gone through.”

Logan nodded. “She trusts you implicitly.”

Hank turned to him. “I suppose she does.” He was frowning slightly, wondering what Logan meant by that.

“Then so do I.” he turned to the fuzzy mutant and held out a hand. “I’m going to need a best man…” and for the first time since setting foot on the jet, Logan smiled.

Hank, shocked as he was, returned the smile and shook his hand. “It’ll be an honour! If you are sure, then I absolutely accept.”

Both Hank and Logan turned as the door Marie had disappeared through opened. She was holding the test in her hands, smiling, and her eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Logan rushed to her as she both sobbed and giggled at the same time, making the oddest sound. She leaned her head on his chest. She didn’t have to say the result out loud; both men knew at once.

“Positive. We’re going to have a baby Logan. Yours and mine. OURS…”

“Yes, darlin’, ours. And I’ll never let either of you get hurt. Ever.”

Just then it dawned on Hank. “Marie…”

She turned to him, but he was frowning, the smile from earlier absent now.

“Marie, you’re pregnant, but…what about you’re skin, Maire? How did you…” he was still frowning, wondering how they’d managed to get her pregnant while using a condom, when Logan took it upon himself to show ol’ Blue exactly how they managed it. In a swift movement he’d pulled Marie to him and firmly kissed her on the lips…without a barrier. When they finally pulled apart, both were in need of some air. Hank had been too shocked to say anything, and was now sitting on the table Marie had occupied.

“Marie, you’ve done it…but how?”

They walked over to him, hand in hand. “A little practice Hanky…just don’t tell anyone, k?”

He laughed. “Not a word. My, my, you are full of new surprises Marie.” She smiled.

“Thanks Hank.”

“Don’t mention it. Besides, I don’t want to be stabbed before I get to be the best man at a wedding…” He winked and Marie gasped, looking at Logan.

Logan just shrugged. “You trust him, so, so do I.” Marie giggled, and the men laughed, but the sound was interrupted by Scott’s voice over the speaker.

“Time to buckle up folks, we’re heading back.”

With one more hug to both Marie and Logan, Hank led them out of the Med bay and they were all buckled up in no time, heading back for Westchester. Marie and Logan didn’t stop looking at each other once.



Meanwhile…

~Professor, we’re on our way back.~

~That’s good to hear, Ororo. How is she?~

~She seems just fine Charles, but she’s changed, I think. She seems more controlled, calmer, more at peace I guess…~

~Yes, I sensed something of this kind myself. She’s grown.~

~I would say so.~

~And this mutant companion of hers?~

~I don’t know how to describe him Chalres. He’s…well, he seems almost like a wild man. He introduced himself as Wolverine, but Rogue calls him Logan. I would say he is in his mid-thirties, with a healing mutation.~

~Oh? And what makes you say this Ororo?~

~He has claws Charles. But when he retracted them, the wounds sealed. Not a mark or even a trickle of blood.~

~I see…And how are they…around each other?~

Ororo hesitated before answering.

~Like I said Charles, he looks a wild man with a temper, but somehow she soothes him with even the fewest words, or even just his name. They are somehow connected Charles, and I daresay, it’s a deep connection.~

In his office, Charles Xavier sighed.

~That’s what I was afraid of.~ Silence

~Charles?~

~Well, let us see how things are when she is home. I’ll see you in a short while.~

~Yes sir.~

The connection closed.

“I don’t trust him.” Scott said to Ororo as he headed back to the school.

“She trusts him Scott. For now, let’s leave it at that.”

The rest of the flight was silent.