She hadn’t realized she fell asleep on the couch until Kenny plopped down on it for his nightly routine. He shot her a curious glance before locking onto the T.V. Finals were finally over, yet there was no weight lifted off her shoulders. She shrugged it off, chalking it up to loss of sleep and wished Kenny goodnight to maybe try and correct that.

Barely three steps into the hallway she heard Jean’s voice and she stopped to listen. Jean was on the phone with somebody evidently. She talked about the Professor, how great Scott was, and then told whoever it was he’d better save all that charm when he needed a room in some vacant town. She stepped into the door, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Jean already had the phone hung up when she walked in.

“Rogue, dear, what are you still doing up?” She asked, walking over to her.

“Was...was that Logan?” she asked, hating the meekness in her voice.

“What?” Jean looked down to the phone quickly. “Oh! Yes, it was. He needed to know how to reach the Professor.”

Rogue nodded, her fingers already itching toward the chain on her wrist. “Did he say anything?”

“Who, Logan?” Jean narrowed her eyes confused at her. “You know, Logan. He’s not exactly a talker, but he sounded alright, if that’s what you mean.”

She swallowed. “So he...he didn’t say when he was coming home?”

Jean’s face softened and she closed the distance between them, putting her hands on Rogue’s shoulders. “No, honey, I’m sorry. He didn’t.”

“Did he, he didn’t happen to ask about me? Talk to me? Did he?”

Jean only shook her head and patted her shoulder before leaving Rogue alone in the study. Rogue looked to the phone, willing it to ring again. But it remained as emotionless and quiet as Logan had been. Her fingers dropped the tag as her hand fell limply to her side.