Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first posting here, and my old fics at ff.net were in different categories and were all taken down by me. I do hold my stories close to my heart, so please don't plagiarize. I don't take your stories and pretend that they're my own, so don't do it to me. Other than that, the rating my go up, if I decided that there's some hot stuff going on. But for now, it's at R for language and some suggestiveness.

Also, a reminder to all: I'm just a broke college kid and I'm not claiming anyone or anything as mine until later in the story. Please don't sue me!!! Characters belong to Marvel and the incredible Stan Lee, and the song is on the soundtrack to Step Up. It's sung by Mr. Jamie Scott.
Part 1 - Made

It was the last Friday of the month, and as usual, the members of the X-Mansion held their karaoke night. It was common knowledge that all the members of the teams were required to participate unless they had a really good reason not to be there. For that reason, the only people there this particular night were all the students (over the age of fourteen) and select members of the teams. (The rest had left the grounds for the clubs/bars of their choices much earlier that evening.)

In the first coin toss between Scott and Logan, Scott won. He grimaced, then whispered his song choice to Ororo, who nodded and started to set the equipment up.

Scott stood stiffly in front of the mic stand and rolled his shoulders to relax. The students and female members of the X-Team all cheered him on.

“All right Scott!”

“Show off that... voice!”

The cheering continued as the disc loaded until Logan growled, “Let’s get this show on the road already.”

By this time, the song had loaded, and the opening notes had started.

Scott grinned in that easy way of his, and prepared for the opening line.

Uhh Oh yeah, beautiful Yeah

He started on a falsetto and had all the girls cheering again and getting up to dance, including Rogue, which pissed Logan off even more.

I've got this girl, and she's the only
Thing that can drive me insane
I've got this girl, and she's the closest
Thing, boy, to fortune and fame

Scott sang, staring and grinning at Jean, who blushed and stopped dancing.

And it's a crime to admit,
That she is ten times the git
My friends she's hotter than shhh
The sun is shining on me

With that, he started into the chorus, which sent the girls (Ororo, Kitty, Jubilee, and many others) into a frenzy of movement that was both fun and sensual. Logan glared harder at Scott, then stopped entirely when Rogue began dancing in front of him, slower than the beat of the song called for. Logan’s focus immediately stayed itself to Rogue’s shifting and swaying form and remained there for the duration of the song, while riling the Wolverine’s senses.

Anybody got something so fine
Now's the time to read my lips, Ohh
Anyone that knows the woman's a dime
Come and sing it with courage, Whooo

I got it made in the sun baby
Made in the sun sugar
Made in the sun honey

Rogue’s rotating hips and quick, lithe movements had the attention of the entire room, including Scott, who moved to the center of the room with the mic and cord and began dancing with her, riling the Wolverine inside Logan further.

I got this girl and she don't give a damn
What you do or you don't
Wreck you're world an' take you by the hand
Watch it go up in smoke, yeaah

Scott grabbed Rogue’s gloved hand and spun her in and out of his arms while Rogue continued rotating her hips in moves that would make professional Latin ballroom dancers jealous. She then slipped her hand free of Scott’s, and continued an obviously choreographed dance with Jubilee and Kitty.

She's like passion with some pain
Boy she's one in the same
Got my number and my name, Ohhh

The girls used one another to their advantage, each taking a short turn at being the center of attention, raising the temperature in the room for everyone else by several degrees. Hips rolled into each other as hands gripped waists and roamed the bodies of the trio.

Anybody got something so fine
Now's the time to read my lips, Ohh
Anyone that knows the woman's a dime
Come and sing it with courage, Ohh

I got it made in the sun baby
Made in the sun sugar
Made in the sun honey

I got it made in the sun baby
Made in the sun sugar
Made in the sun honey

The song ended abrubtly for the girls, who slowly came down from their dancing highs, smiling and laughing together. The rest of the school continued to watch, spellbound. This continued until Scott returned the mic and stepped off stage, where he was cheered by everyone except Logan.

“I’ve had enough of this shit,” Logan said, growling the words out. “I’m gone. Night.”

“But Logan,” cried Rogue, still smiling, “Sugar, it’s your turn to sing next!”

“Screw it. I saw your performance, Marie. I’ve had enough.”

Rogue sighed. “Would it help ya if I were even sexier for your song?”

The others in the room were forgotten in this minor scuffle. They sat and watched in awe as the Rogue and the Woverine attempted to intimidate each other into losing the argument.

Wolverine clenched his right fist and allowed his middle blade to come out as he tromped out of the room.

Rogue retaliated with a: “Ya know what? Fuck you Logan! I can dance however the hell I want to dance, even if it is Scott singing. At least he has a voice!”

“Fine, damn you. I’ll sing one fucking song.” Logan ignored the shocked glances and gasps coming from the alpha X-team surrounding them. He also ignored Scott’s mutters about how he needed to watch his language. “Say one more word and you’ll regret it,” he growled at Rogue’s dropped jaw. His eyes locked on Rogue’s, and suddenly, his mouth was upon hers in a breathless kiss.

When the kiss ended, a dazed Rogue stumbled out of the embrace Logan had locked her into and sat down as their audience cheered and Jubilee started walking through the crowd, collecting money. Logan stalked up to the karaoke machine, typed in a combination, and glared at the audience as the song loaded. He was ready to show Scott up.