Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this idea has been used in every tv show/book/movie but I figured I'd try it out here. I don't own the X-Men etc.
“When are the bad guys going to learn that we’re always going to be on top of them?”

Rogue snorted. “Super Jubilee and her infinite knowledge strikes again.”

Kitty giggled.

“Well it’s not like a park for a meeting isn’t something we’ve never heard of, no originality,” Jubilee scoffed, leaning back against the wooden bench.

“Will you three focus!” Scott’s voice hissed in their ears.

“Oww,” Jubilee whispered under her breath as she subtly curled a piece of her hair behind her ear and pressed the ear piece in. “Tone down the leader voice, Cyclops.”

Scott sighed over the line. “I knew putting you three together was a bad idea.”

“Lay off, Scooter,” Logan’s gruff voice traveled over the line.

“Thanks Wolvie.”

A growl was heard over the static in their ears. “Don’t call me that yellow.”

“Besides,” Scott’s annoyed voice spoke again. “He’s only saying that because Rogue’s with you.”

“Well, can you blame the guy, he’s only displaying a small sense of intelligence, the man does not want to be sleeping on the couch tonight.”

“Jubilee,” Rogue hissed under her breath as she smiled at an old lady walking her dog who passed by them on the bench.

“We are all starting to look a little crazy when we talk under our breath and smile wide,” Kitty added.

“Yeah, so let us do our thing, Fearless one. Perfect image of three innocent and beautiful, not to mention sexy young woman just having a chat on a nice sunny morning in the park.”

Scott sighed. “Fine, just keep your eyes open, we can’t let Magneto’s team pick up the new mutant.”

“Any idea who from the Brotherhood will be meeting this guy? And why do we want to speak to this mutant if clearly he’s ignored any of our attempts to help him,” Jubilee asked, while turning and smiling at Rogue as though she was only speaking to her.

“The Professor isn’t sure of his mutation, it appeared too erratic on Cerebro for him to pick up on, but he caught his signature heading this way and we know Magneto has used this spot in the past to pick up recruits, we can’t let him gain anymore allies.”

“Whatever you say,” Jubilee whispered.

Rogue’s eyes darted around the large park that was covered in lush trees and bushes, a few kids and their parents ran by laughing and enjoying the sun, dogs were barking in a field over. Quickly, she let her eyes glance over the lone figure by the pond who was feeding the ducks, the woman’s white hair was covered by the shadows of a large willow tree; Storm looked perfectly in her element. Further down the pond was a couple walking hand and hand keeping to the shadows that the trees provided, Scott’s red glasses still glimmered in the dim light and Jean’s red hair was covered by a hat.

Turning her head the other way she spotted a figure a few paces behind their spot on the bench, his cowboy hat drawn over his eyes as his long legs stretched out from him as he leaned against a tree smoking a cigar. The lines of his body looked relax but she knew he was ready to spring into action at any second. Suddenly, the brim of his cowboy hat tilted up and one hazel eye winked at her before glancing away. Rogue smiled as she turned away from Logan.

Jubilee leaned over and whispered in her ear, “You done making googlely eyes?”

“Shut up,” Rogue retorted nudging the other woman softly with her shoulder.

“And I don’t make googlely eyes,” Logan’s voice purred in their ears.

Kitty stifled a laugh beside them.

“No, you just undress Rogue with your eyes no matter who else is in the room.” Jubilee added, “Too bad you didn’t inherit X-ray vision, Wolvie.”

“All of you focus!” Scott’s familiar voice hissed in their ears, before Logan could respond.

“Don’t worry, Scott, Jubilee is going to keep her mouth shut,” Rogue spoke as she narrowed her eyes at her friend

“I think it’s time for you guys to move and separate.”

“I think Jubilee on her own is more of a problem then you think, Scott,” Storm’s soft tones floated over through their ear pieces.

“How dare you, ‘Ro. What happened to girlfriends united?”

Storm gave a small laugh. “I seem to recall once, years ago letting you leave the class for a bathroom break and the next thing I knew half the third floor was flooded.”

“I just felt like going swimming is all,” Jubilee spoke solemnly.

“More like getting back at Bobby for changing your shampoo to green hair dye and deciding to flood his room.”

“Really? The details are kind of fuzzy to me,” Jubilee spoke offhand suddenly interested in a batch of birds. “It was years ago.”

“Kitty, you head over towards the west side of the park by the snack hut but stay in line of sight. Jubilee and Rogue head on over towards the pond slowly,” Scott instructed.

“Whatever,” Jubilee murmured.

“Come on,” Rogue smiled at her friend.

Jubilee gazed over her shoulder at Logan. “You sure your stalker isn’t going to mind the space?”

Logan snorted.

“Oh be quiet,” Rogue smirked at her. “You’re just jealous.”

“It’s true,” Jubilee smiled as they walked side by side towards the pond, closer towards Storm, Scott and Jean who they made sure not to overly notice.

Rogue and Jubilee walked along the path in silence, glancing around the park.

“What was the description of the guy again?” Jubilee asked.

“Tall, brown hair, green eyes, approximate age earlier thirties,” Rogue answered.

“Oh no, that’s not vague at all,” Jubilee added sarcastically.

Rogue smiled at her friend.

Further up the path where Scott and Jean were standing a man stumbled out of the bushes and knocked into Jean, a bright green light passing between them causing Jean to fall to the ground.

“Hey!” Jubilee yelled and they both started to run towards them.

The man was first back on his feet, his jeans dirty and torn, his shirt a size to big and unclean, covered by an equally disastrous jacket with numerous holes. His brown hair was scruffy and shaggy; an uneven beard covered his face. His eyes looked around him in shock. Rogue and Jubilee caught up to them just as it looked like he was about to bolt, immediately Rogue noticed the man’s sparkling green eyes.

“I don’t want any trouble,” the man blurted out at them. Jean was still on the ground.

“Fits the description don’t he, Rogue. Hard to believe you don’t want trouble when you’re here to join Magneto’s little gang, am I right?” Jubilee spoke.

“Magneto?” the man blurted. “No, no…you don’t understand I don’t want to…”

He was interrupted as Scott grabbed his arm roughly and spun him around. “You attacked my wife!” Scott yelled, but just as the man turned around another light passed between the two men, a soft blue one that moved out of the man’s chest and flowed into Scott’s. Scott fell back towards the ground, the man looked horrified. “I’m sorry,” he blurted out frantically.

Storm was suddenly beside them, her eyes blazing at the stranger. Rogue wondered how things had looked from a distance. Unexpectedly, the intruder tried to run between them and he crashed into both Storm and Jubilee, two more small orbs of light floated into them both, a purple one into Storm and an orange one into Jubilee. Both hit the ground at the same time.

“Wait!” Rogue yelled after the man as she hurried after him, a desperate look at her fallen friends.

“Darlin’ what’s goin’ on?” Logan’s voice traveled over the com piece.

“I don’t know,” she answered. “But hurry.”

“Be careful,” he added. “I’m coming.”

“Hey stop!” she called out.

Throwing her arm out she briefly latched onto the other man’s wrist, his skin cool and sweaty against her bare hand, she could feel her grip slipping and did the only thing she instantly thought of and switched her power on. The man jerked against her but before the pull became strong enough she crashed against him and a red orb of light flowed between them and into her, immediately she sank to the ground. Just barely catching the image of the man stumbling to his feet, his face a bit pale as he disappeared around a corner before her eyes closed.