Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue confronts Logan in the Rec Room in front of everyone.
Rogue Confronts Logan about Jean

Rouge enters the briefing room and said, Dad I am here what is the emergency. The Professor said, "We need to wait for Logan to arrive before I start." Logan entered saying, "Go head I'm here."


The Professor said, "First, we have information that the government in Canada is holding three mutant children and performing experiments on them. Second, I have done sent the quartets to the Blackbird it will take two hours to arrive just about five miles from the base then you will have to hike the rest of the way." Third, you will go in as three teams Team 1 will be lead by Cyclops with Jean, and Shadow Cat. Second Team will be lead by Storm with Ice Man and Jubilee. The thirst team will bed by Wolverine, with Rogue and Tin Man." If there isn't any question or comments meeting dismissed.

Rogue said, "Father I know you have put a lot into this plan but, could I not be on Wolverines team and put me with Cyclops." The Professor asked, "Is there a problem between you and Wolverine." Rogue answered, "No, I just don't feel that I should be on his team." The Professor said, "I'm sorry but, Rogue I really need you to go inside and help remove the children there is no other way." Rogue sighed and said, "Ok, I understand."

Everyone looked at Wolverine and Rogue as the bored the plane wondering what was going on. Wolverine said, "Rogue have I done something to up set you?" Rogue said, "No I just don't want you to feel like you have to protect me if we run into any danger." Wolverine said, "It doesn't matter whose team you are on I will always want to protect you."

The mission was a success no one was hurt and the children rescued. Hank kept them in the med lab over night to make sure there weren't any complications. Everyone was to the showers before returning to their rooms.

Logan checked Rogue's room and she wasn't there but knew she was with Stormy when he heard the rocking chair. Rogue was singing a lulu bye to Stormy would they rocked. Logan decided he would talk to Rogue in the morning.

The next day Logan couldn't find Rogue any where on the campus. When the sun started to set Logan started to get worried. Hoping he would see Rogue at dinner, Logan hurried to the dinning hall. Logan looked at where she surly sat to find it empty. His ears perked up when he heard Kitty and Rogue giggling when they came in.

Rogue went and fixed her a plate and decided to sit between Scott and Kitty. Logan could figure out why she was acting as if he wasn't ever there. Logan started thinking, "Maybe she has changed her mind about being with me I need to talk to her before I get all up set."

Logan found Rogue in the rec room where everyone was watching a movie. Logan asked, "Can we talk?" Rogue said, "I don't have anything to say." Logan let out a growl that got everyone to look at them. Rogue said, "Logan don't you growl me." Logan said, "Rogue we need to talk." Rogue said, "What do you want to talk about?" Logan said, "I thought we were moving into a relationship after the other night." Rogue smiled and said, "The other night was just a onetime thing." Logan growled and everyone turned around to listen to what was going on. Logan said, "What do you mean by that?"

Rogue said, "To start with that was my way of getting revenge on you." Logan looked puzzled. Rogue said, "Let me spell it out for you and everyone else. I remember you calling and telling me that you were coming home and you loved me more that life it's self. That was a joke wasn't it.

See I got out of class early the night you came home. I was so happy until I reached my room to hear noises coming from behind the door. My world ended when I opened the door and there you were with your jeans down around you ankles and Jean on my bed with her dress hiked up over her hips. You never knew I was there because you were to busy rutting Jean like animal as if you are. I remember how it felt to have my heart ripped out like it was nothing."

Logan started crying while Rogue spoke every word as it sank in. That she had remembered seeing his fucking Jean the biggest mistake of his life. Logan said, Please forgive me I sorry I do what ever you want me to." Rogue smiled and said, "I hope you are miserable for the rest of your life because that will be the only time you will ever fuck me in this life time." Logan said, "I'm sorry for hurting you."

The professor came in with Jean and realized that rogue remembered that terrible night of Logan's betrayal. Jean said, "Rouge it was a mistake Logan never meant to hurt you and neither did I." Rogue laughed be for saying, "Jean you are stupider than I thought the two of you deserve each other." Jean said, "I'm sorry for what happened." Rogue said, "me to because I thought you were my friend but how wrong I was."

Logan reached out to touch Rogue on the arm and she turned around and said, "Don't you ever try and touch me again or I will kill you." Jean walked over and tried to talk to Rogue but the Professor said for everyone to leave him alone with Rogue.

Rogue sat down in the floor beside his chair, laid her head down on his knees, and started to cry. The Professor said, "Remember I our mother and I love you and we will do everything we can to help you through this pain and hurt." Rogue said, "I know that you love me but I had to do this before I could get better." Mystique came in and helped Rogue up and to her room.

Mystique helped Rogue get ready for bed and covered her up after she lay down. Rogue said, "Mother will I ever find someone to love me and not betray me?" Mystique said, "Yes, they are more than likely right under your nose and you just don't know it yet." Rogue said, "I hope someday I find someone to love like you do my father." Mystique smile and said, "Your father is very special I have always loved him and always will and you will find that kind of love when the time is right." Rogue yawned and said, "Mom will you stay with me until I fall a sleep?" Mystique kissed Rogue on top of the head before saying, "I'll as long you want me to baby girl."


Logan packed up all of his belonging before heading to see the Professor. Logan took a deep breath before knocking. Professor said, "Come on in Logan I have been waiting for you or Jean to arrive." Logan said, "I'm leaving and I want be back but if you need me for something you know how to reach me." Professor said, "I'm sorry about how everything turned out I know you love Rogue." Logan said, "Yes, but that is not enough because I have hurt her in the worst way. I think me leaving is for the best." Professor said, "I understand but you know you will always have a home here." Logan passed Jean as he left the Professor's office. Logan said, "Good-bye and I'm sorry for hurting you also." Jean said, "Logan you don't have anything to apologize to me about it is as much my fault as you're for hurting Rogue." "Good-bye and good luck Logan."

The Professor told Jean to come on in to his office that he needed to talk to her. Jean said, "I so sorry for hurting Rogue." The Professor said, "I know you are but I think you need to leave for a while until everything settles down around her." Jean said, "What do you have in mind?" The Professor said, "I am sending you to Washington DC and I do not want you to try and contact Rogue do you understand what I'm saying?" Jean said, "Yes, Rogue is your first priority and she needs her family right now." The Professor said, "Yes, she needs me and her mother right now." Jean said, "I will be ready first thing in the morning is their anything else?" The Professor said, "I will be in touch but good-bye for now." Jean said, "Good-bye as she left."

There was a knock on the Professors door. Mystique waited patiently for him to tell her enters the office. After a few moments she hears him say, "Come in my love." Mystique said, "Rogue is sleeping now but I'm afraid it will be along day tomorrow." The Professor said, "Scott will be back later tonight I will inform him in the morning what happened to night." Mystique said, "I hope she will remember how much she loved him before accident because she feels like she will never find love." The Professor said, "I hope every thing will turn out for the best."

Mystique said, "Have you talked to Jean about going to Washington, DC for a while?" The Professor said, "Jean agreed that it would be best if she went to Washington for a while." Mystique said, "I heard Logan leave a few minutes ago." The Professor said, "He came by before Jean and said he was leaving for good."

Mystique smiled at the Professor and said, "I think it is time we go to bed and spend some time together. The Professor said, "I agree because we have a long road ahead."