The Professor said, "Scott I need you to come to the prison with me to see Magneto." Scott said, "When do we leave?" The Professor said, "As soon as possible." Ok, Scott said as he left the office.

Scott wrote Rogue a quick note after he packed explaining where he was.

Rouge, Kitty, and Jubilee return from a shopping trip and having Stormy's pictures made. Kitty and Jubilee were bringing in the packages while Rouge took Stormy to the nursery. After putting Stormy down for a nap Rogue went to turn on the baby monitor and found a letter addressed to her and Stormy. Rogue right off recognized the handwriting. Rogue knew it was from Scott. The letter said,

Rogue,
I have gone with the Professor to see Magneto. The Professor said that Magneto had information that the Professor would be interested in. If you or Storm needs me before we return feel free to call.

Scott,
PS We need to talk when I return.

Rogue felt tears starting to form in her eyes. Think to her, Scott had decided to end their relationship. I should not be surprised because I know he doesn't love me. However, knowing the truth doesn't help the pain.

Later that knight when Rouge went to bed she could help crying. I wish Scott knew how much I loved him. I know Scott knows that my first love was Logan like his first love was Jean. I know Scott will always love Jean. I just wish Scott could love me the way he had loved Jean even just a little. These thoughts made Rogue cry harder.

Logan had been gone for a couple of weeks. He had decided it was time to return. As he walked down the hallway, he could hear someone crying. The closer he got to Rogue's room he realized that she was crying. Thinking something was wrong with Stormy he knocked on Rogue's door to check on them. At first, no one answered so Logan Knocked a little harder. When Rogue opened the door, Logan said, "I something wrong with you or Stormy. Rogue answered, "We are fine Logan don't worry about us." "We are not your responsibility." Logan said, "Rouge I have no ideal why you are mad at me but I do care about you and Stormy." Rouge said, "Goodnight Logan," as she closed the door. Feeling hurt Logan shook his head and made his way to his room.

Logan went talk a shower before unpacking. While in the shower, he couldn't help but wonder why Rogue was crying. Logan recalled the sadness he saw in Rogue's eyes and pain. I need to talk to Storm and find out what is going on. After getting out of the shower, Logan went to find Storm.

Logan knocked on Storm's door. Storm said, "Hello Logan what can I do for you?" Logan said, "Storm do you know what is wrong with Rogue?" Storm said, "Logan like I have told you before you need to talk to her it are not my place." Logan said, "Storm when I returned tonight Rogue was crying when I passed her room." Storm said, Logan I'm sorry I have no ideal why she was crying." Logan asked, "Storm would you please check on her and make sure everything is ok?" Storm said, "Yes, I'll check on Rogue and Stormy."

Logan went to the kitchen to get a beer while Storm went to check on Rogue and Stormy. Logan heard one of the motor cycles start up and leave. Storm ran to the kitchen to get Logan. Logan knew something was wrong from the look on Storm's face, "Logan, Rogue is gone!" Logan asked, "Where is Stormy?" Storm answered, "Rogue left Stormy with Kitty and Jubilee." "Kitty said that Rogue was crying when she left."
Logan said, "Someone just left on one of the bikes a few minutes ago." Storm said, "Do you want me to call Scott?" Logan said, "No, I'll go after her I think Scott is the reason she is crying." Where is he anyway?" Storm said, "Magneto contacted the Professor and said he had important information for him."

Magneto said, "Thought you would come when I told you that I had important information for you about Rogue." Professor said, "Get to the point we don't have all day." Magneto said, "In good time Professor."
Professor said, "Is Rogue in danger or is this just another game?" Magneto smiled and said, "Sabertooth is not Rogue's father like Mystic told you." Professor said, "That is Mystic's business not mine." Magneto said, "Don't you want know who her father is?" Professor said, "I guess you will tell my anyway."
Magneto said with a smile, "You have always said you felt like you had a connection with Rogue she was the daughter you never had." Professor said, "What are you trying to say?" Magneto said, "Run a DNA test, I know Rogue has AB negative blood like you and Sabertooth and Mystic both have O positive you might be surprised at those results."

Scott can in the room very upset, "Professor we need to get back home Rogue had been in an accident she is hurt bad." Professor said, "Yes, we do good bye Magneto." Magneto said, "Just remember what I said."

Rogue had raced down the road trying escaping the pain she was feeling. When she came around a curve and didn't see the car coming facing her. Before she could swerve Rogue, hit the car head on and went thrown through the window. The drive was Jean return from Washington. When Jean was able to register what had happened she called the Hank at the med lab and told him that she needed help that she had hit someone a motorcycle. Jean grabbed her medical bag and went around to the drives side of the car to start first aide. When Jean opened, the door she was in shock to she that it was Rogue who had went through her window. Jean leaned in to start checking Rouges vitals when Logan arrived. When Logan saw that it was Rogue that was injured he screamed at Jean, "what have you done?' Jean had tear in her eyes when she looked up at Logan saying, "It was an accident I would never hit Rogue on purpose." Jean said, "I need you to help me until Hank gets here." Logan said, "What do you need me to do?" Jean said, "First I need you to put pressure here to help stop the bleeding." When hank and Storm arrived, Jean had all of Rouge's vital signs ready for him. Logan was still had pressure on a very deep cut on Rogue's neck. Storm looked at Jean and asked, "What happened?" Jean kept repeating, "It was an accident." Storm asked, "Are you hurt anywhere?" Jean said, "No, just take care of Rogue I'll be ok."

Hank came out to the waiting room and asks Jean, "Do you think you can assist me in surgery?" Jean said, "Yes, but I don't know if Rogue would want me there?" "Rogue has made it very clear she doesn't want me near her or Stormy." Hank said, "Jean I need to put that aside for now I need you to be a doctor now there is no way I can do this by myself." Jean said, "I'll get ready and I'll be in as soon as I can." Hank said, "I'll explain to Rogue and by the way do you know her blood type." Jean said, "Yes, it is very rare I only know one other person that has that type and that is the Professor." Logan looked at Jean with a puzzled look on his face. Hank called back to Logan, "As soon as the Professor arrives tell him Rogue has lost a lot of blood and he is the only mach." Logan nodded to Hank.

Kitty came in and said, "I have called Scott, Professor, Mystic and Sabertooth everyone is on their way here." Logan said, "Kitty is Stormy ok?" Kitty said, "Yes, Jubilee and I are going to take turns watching her and check in on Rogue." Logan gave Kitty a wolfish smile. Kitty said, "If they need us please come and get us." Logan said, "I sure will go and take care of Stormy and I'll stay here."

Logan was pacing the waiting room when Scott and the Professor arrive. Scott could tell by the look on Logan's face that Rogue was in bad shape. Logan looked up when he heard someone enter the waiting area. Logan said, "Professor I'm glad you are here Rogue has lost a lot of blood." Jean told Hank you are only other person at the school has Rogue type of blood was you." Professor said, "I'll go strait to the lab to give blood I'll be back as soon as I'm finished."

Scott said, "Thank you for staying with Rogue until I could arrive you can leave now." Logan could feel the anger rise in his body. Logan cracked his neck and said, "I'm going to stay One-eye. I have no plans on leaving until she is out of surgery." Scott could not help but feel anger when he saw that Logan was not going to leave.

Scott said, "Logan can you tell me what happened?" Logan took a deep breath before answering, "Rouge was crying and I went to get Storm a she took off on the bike." Scott said through gritted teeth, "What did you do to her this time?" Logan said, "Why would you think I did something to Rogue I love her." Scott said, "If you loved her you wouldn't have broke her heart last year!" Logan said, "Scott I have no ideal what you are talking about." Scott yelled at Logan, "Rogue came home early that night to find you fucking Jean in Rogue's room and in her bed. So don't act like you didn't know." Logan felt like his world just came crashing down around him. Logan said, "So that explains Rogue's anger toward me." Realizing how bad he had screwed up Logan just dropped his head and left.

Logan went to his room to think about what Scott said. I can't believe Rogue was there and I didn't know. How could I have been such a fool? I broke Rogue's heart and drove her into Scott's arms. I have failed Rogue in every way and now she may die."

The Professor returned from giving blood as Mystic and Sabertooth arrives. Professor asked, "Scott is there any word on Rogue?" Scott said, "Hank hasn't bee n out yet." Mystic said, "We cannot lose her now through tears." Sabertooth tried to com Mystic down.

When the door opened everyone jumped up as Hank and Jean came from the operating room. Hank looked very tired. Scott said, "Why was Jean in the operating room?" Jean just lowered her head and stepped behind Hank when she heard Scott's reaction. Hank said, "Scott I needed Jeans help I could not do the surgery alone Rogue was to torn up and losing a lot of blood." Professor asked, "How is she doing not?"
Hank said, "Rogue is holding on I will have to keep her sedated." Mystic asked, What are her injuries?" Hank said, Rouge has a broken leg, pelvis, four broken ribs, broken arm and shoulder that is not counting where we had to sow up. " Sabertooth said, "How bad are the cuts?" Jean said, "I put in twelve stitches over the right eye, twenty-seven across the left side of her face and eighty-three stitches in her neck."
Mystic dropped to the floor and started crying while everyone just looked at each other.

Scott said, "Who was driving the car ?" Jean told a deep breath before answering, "I was the driver." I promise it was an accident.?" Scott started yelling at Jean, "I knew you didn't like Rogue but I never thought you would try and kill her!" Jean ran out of the room crying.

Mystic stayed with Rogue the first shift so Scott could take care of Stormy. The Professor came by to check on Rogue and see if Mystic needed anything. Mystic said, "Professor you act like something is bothering you." Professor said, "I have a lot to think about where Rogue is concerned." Mystic asked, "What do you mean?' Professor said,, "Do you know what Rogue's blood type is?" Mystic said, "I'm guessing it is O positive." Professor said, "No, Rogue has AB negative blood is there anything you want to tell me?" Mystic said, "I've always wished that you were Rogue's father I just thought Sabertooth was because of him raping me." Professor said, "I'm having Hank run a DNA test we will find out if Rogue is our daughter." Mystic asked, "How will you feel if Rogue is you daughter?" Professor said with a big smile, "I will be the proudest father and grandfather you have ever seen."

The next morning the Professor and Mystique went to Hank's office. The Professor took Mystique's hand as they sit down before Hank. The Professor said, "Look at me Mystique no matter what the results are I will always love Rogue never forget that. Hank opened the folder containing the DNA results. Mystique said, "Well what are the results?" Hank stood up with a smile and congratulated the Professor you are Rogue's father. Mystique looked at the Professor and said, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Rogue." The Professor put his arms around Mystique and hugged her. The Professor said, "You have nothing to be sorry about." You have given me a daughter and a granddaughter." "I have always loved you and always will." Mystique said, "I love you to." "So when will we tell our daughter that you are her father." Hank said, "Sorry to interrupt but I am not sure Rogue will be ready for this news when she wakes up." The Professor said, "Hank what do you mean?" Hank said, "I am worried if Rouge will remember when she wakes up."

Rouge opened her eyes and looked around the room. Rouge saw Scott asleep in a chair beside her bed. Thinking, "I feel like I have been run over by train." "Jean must have had Scott to sit with me until I woke up." Rouge heard the door open so she looked over to see Jean. Jean said, "Rouge if you can hear me blink once." Rogue blinked once for Jean. Jean said, "Rogue do you remember what happened?" Blink one for yes twice for no. Rogue blinked twice. Jean said, "Rouge I need to go and get Hank. I'll be right back." Jean left the room to get Hank.

Jean knocked on Hanks office door. Hank said, "Come in." Jean said, "sorry for bothering you but I thought you would want to know that Rogue is awake." Hank said, "Thank you Jean I'll be right there after I contact the Professor and Mystique." Hank called the Professor's office. Hank said, "Professor Jean just informed me that Rogue as woken." Professor said, "thank you, we will be down in a few minutes."

Scott was a wake and sitting on the bed with Rogue when Jean returned. Jean smiled at Scott and Rogue and said, "Hank is on his way." Jean asked Scott, "Can I talk to you in the hallway it is important?" Scott told, "Rogue I'll be back after I talk to Jean." Jean shut the door before she started talking. Jean said, "Scott listen to me very close Rouge doesn't remember what happened." Scott said, "Are you sure Jean?" Jean sadly shook her head yes. Jean said, "Hank will do more tests and let us know what is going on." "Scott I hope Rogue recovers." Scott said, "I know you do." Scott turned and returned to Rogue's room.

Hank smiled at Rogue when he entered Rogue's room. Hank said, "You were in an accident." "You have a broken leg, pelvis, four broken ribs, broken arm and shoulder. Jean put in twelve stitches over the right eye, twenty-seven across the left side of you face and eighty-three stitches in you neck." "Do you understand what I'm telling you?" Rogue blinked once for Hank. Hank said, "Rouge I will have to do a lot of test. "
Rogue blinked once for Hank to let him know she understood.

Hank looked over Rogue's tests before returning to her room. Jean had removed the respirator for Rogue. Hank thought Rogue looked like and Angle sleeping. Hank check Rogue's vital before he left the room.