”Lost something?” Question rumbled from somewhere above. She stopped when her head hit against something in the dark and flopped down, small giggle bubbling from her lips.
“Lost my feet… Lost my friends… And I think I lost my left shoe, I can’t seem to find it…”

The grand entrance hall was suddenly flooded with bright light, and she was staring at bare feet that were attached to denim-encased legs. She let her gaze travel higher, over the belt and enormous buckle, finding bare chest. Very fine looking bare chest.

“Kitty called that you went missing. I was going to come and find you.” Chest moved as Logan spoke, ribs flexing under the skin, muscles rippling slightly. When small breeze whirred in from the open doorway his skin rose to gooseflesh, smoothing over almost instantaneously. She giggled again, wondering if it would feel as warm as it looked. If the coarse hair covering his pecks and abs would tickle if she…
“Kid.” Suddenly there was a finger right in front of her eyes. She stared at the tip of it cross-eyed and followed when it rose higher, higher… Until she was looking at Logan.
“Up here. Stop drooling and get up.”
“You’re no fun…”

She tried to find her feet and finally managed to wobble to a position one could have called vertical. There was a conveniently placed drawer right next to her and she leaned against it, trying to make her knees understand that now wasn’t the time to buckle.
“I’m no fun and you’re drunk. Tomorrow you’re going to have a world-class hangover, and I’m going to be funny as hell.”
“Very funny, Wolverine…” She muttered, already feeling the first signs of the headache creeping upon her.
“Hey! That’s Logan to you, kid. Go to bed. I’m going to call Kitty that they can stop worrying.”

She stumbled over to the staircase, hearing Logan talking in the kitchen. Was kitty home already? She giggled again when she realized that Logan was talking on the phone. Fit of giggles dropped her on her hands and knees before she reached the stairs. Actually, down here the floor didn’t feel as cold and hard as it looked. Polished marble was smooth and warmed quickly under her cheek. If she slept here, it would save her from getting up and getting downstairs for the breakfast in the morning. It would save her from the potentially hazardous journey up the stairs right now. There was no end for benefits for sleeping right where she was!

“Come on, kid. Get your ass back in gear. You can’t sleep here.”
“Go away. This is perfect place for sleeping…” She tried to push him away. She couldn’t understand how Logan could be so dense at times.
“Stop struggling. I’m not dressed for this. Touch me now and we fall like a sack of potatoes.”
“We?” Oh, she was moving. She was moving, and what ever it was that she was laying on felt much warmer and softer than the floor… She cracked her eyes open. She was rising higher. She could see the railing of the stairs whooshing past her, and it was slightly dizzying so she turned her head and then squeaked.

Logan was carrying her. That was awful lot of bare skin, awful close to the bare skin of her face. Suddenly she wasn’t drunk anymore. Not drunk enough.
“I think… I think you can put me down…” She managed to stutter. Logan lowered her carefully until her feet touched the floor, but kept an arm around her waist for support.

They stood on the second floor. Only few steps separated her from the door of her room. She glanced around, and suddenly realized how disheveled Logan looked. Looked around once more and spotted an open door further down the hall. A woman standing there, clutching a robe around her, looking at them.
“I… I think I can make it now… I… Thanks…” She stuttered. Logan snorted and waved at the woman who nodded and went back in to his room, closing the door behind her.
“Lets get you back in bed, kid.”

Logan helped her to change in to her pajamas and brush her teeth, as well as clean off the make-up from her face before he tucked her in her bed, sitting to the edge of the mattress. The bed frame squeaked alarmingly but held. She heard sharp click-clacking sound from the outside, going past her door.
“You should probably go after her… I’m fine now…” She whispered. Logan shook his head, smirking sheepishly.
“No need to do that. Already paid her.”
“Oh…”
“Yeah. So… Want to tell me what made you sneak back home? It isn’t even midnight yet. Thought you brats would be out celebrating until dawn.”

Celebrating? Yes. It was their graduation, after all.
“Nothing. It was nothing. Just got tired, that’s all. I guess I drank too much.”
“Oh, hell… Well, it happens even for the best and brightest of us…” Logan grunted, scratching his jaw. She reached with her hand, then at the last possible moment noticed that she wasn’t wearing her gloves and let her palm fall flat against her blanket. World was spinning lazily. She was spinning and floating, and suddenly it was too much. She started trembling. She’d need something to hold on before she fell. Logically it wasn’t possible to fall when you were already lying on your back, but logic and drunken fuzziness weren’t really acquaintances. Logan seemed to notice her dilemma and smiled tiredly, then crawled on to the bed behind her, on top of the covers. Gathered her against his chest, wrapped her arms in to the blanket as well and draped his arm over the whole neat package, anchoring her against him.

“Better?” She heard him asking. Warmth of his skin was already seeping through the blanket, and solid bulk of his body had stopped the spinning, but she wasn’t ready to close her eyes quite yet.
“Little… Thanks…” She mumbled, burrowing even closer to him. She could smell the scent of perfume on his skin, as well as something that had to be… She’d rather not think about it at all.
“Want me to spend the night in here?” Logan asked.
“That would be nice…”
“Think you could manage on your own for a sec? I’ll go and take a quick shower and grab something more comfortable to wear.”
“I don’t know… We’ll just have to see…”

She was already falling asleep, but when Logan let go of her that sinking and spinning feeling returned with vengeance. She squeezed her eyes shut and grabbed her blanket tighter, hoping Logan would return soon.

It felt like forever, but finally Logan slipped back in to her room, soundlessly. She could only see his face floating in the darkness; rest of him was just a dark blur, covered with long, black underwear. He was wearing even gloves.

He settled back on her bed, under blanket this time, arranging his wide frame so that she could sink against him seamlessly. She let her body melt in his warmth, enjoying the feel of his heavy hands around her.
“I got you kid, I got you. There are some painkillers and a glass of water on the nightstand. You’ll be needing them when you wake up.” His voice rumbled through her, soothing her nerves and stopping the tremors. She grasped his arms and pulled them even tighter around her, turning in his embrace and burying her face against his chest. She’d tell him in the morning. When she was sober and able to prove her words she’d tell him that when others had celebrated their graduating she had been celebrating her victory over her treacherous skin.