”I’m not feeling too good…”
“I knew I should have left those condoms to you. Who was it?”
“Logan, I’m not pregnant! I have a flu!”
“Oh… Sorry.”

She wiped her nose and discarded the used tissue to the growing pile next to her bed. Her head hurt. Her throat was sore. And her tolerance for stupidity was exactly nil. She wanted nothing more than to wallow alone in her misery, but Logan was having none of that.

“Are you sure that you’re not pregnant? You were sick this morning, and look at what you’re eating! What the fuck is that?” Logan sniffled, trying to identify the green, steaming sludge that sat on a bowl on her nightstand.
“I was sick this morning because according to Jean all the snot from my nose had flown to my stomach when I slept. And that sludge… I’m not eating it. It’s Jubilee’s grandmother’s old recipe that’s supposed to cure everything from sore throat to AIDS, but I’m not going to touch it. I’m just waiting that it cools down enough so that I can flush it from the toilet.”
“Okay. What do you want to do?”
“I’d love to kick your ass out of here, but unfortunately I’m too tired to do that…”
“I have an idea. We could go and watch a movie.”
“Logan, I can hardly stay awake, let alone sit in a rec room watching movie…”
“You can lay on the couch. Come on…”
“Logan… There’s a game on tonight, isn’t it? You just want me to come with you so that everybody else runs away and you can watch it in peace, right?” Her exhausted mind managed to put two and two together. At least Logan had the decency to look apologetic.
“Uh… Busted?”

She wiped her nose again. Then tried to turn on her side, but it wasn’t working very well. It was hard to breathe and she was in turn shivering from cold and in turn sweating like a pig.

“Logan, I’d really appreciate if you got the hell away from me right now. I’m not in the mood for company…” She mumbled, closing her eyes. She heard Logan standing up from the floor where he had sat and his footsteps retreating. The door of her room closed and she heard the lock clicking shut. Finally. She let out a soft sigh and tried to relax. Then suddenly her eyes flew wide open, just in time for her to see Logan crawling on to the bed with her.

“What the hell are you doing?”
“Um… Coming to sleep with you?”
“What the… Oh, crap. Logan, please… I really… Really need to sleep…”
“Then stop that fucking whining and start sleeping!”
“I was going to sleep but then this Neanderthal crawled in to bed with me…”
“This Neanderthal just wants to make sure that you get better soon.”
“No touching. No touching or I’ll kick your ass to next week, flu or no flu…”
“But what if I just… I could be quick. You wouldn’t even notice…”
“Logan, no. Hands off. Hands off from there! Logan!”
“Ticklish?”
“Logan, stop!”
“Not until you give in…”
“I’m going to scream… I’m going to scream!”
“Scream all you like. They’re already thinking that we bunk together. Now, what kind of a man would I be if I didn’t make you scream every once and a while?”

Logan’s fingers were digging mercilessly to her sides, teasing just the right nerves, and she had to do something. Since screaming wasn’t an option and Logan’s considerable bulk on top of her prevented her from struggling she had no choice. Her control slipped. Not for Long, but Logan smelt the difference in her scent immediately. His hands were still tangled to her blanket so he kissed her forehead quickly. Then her lips, with more force and determination, lingering perhaps little longer than it was absolutely necessary. Leaving them both breathless and dizzy.

“As soon… As soon as I figure out why exactly that was a bad idea I’m going to kick your ass…”
“Go ahead, darling… Was well worth it… Now I don’t have to go alone with Scott to that fundraiser tomorrow…”