Author's Chapter Notes:
Little more serious, maybe a tad angsty, but it's for the sake of the story. Next chappies will contain more foof.
”I swear I’ll spank your ass black and blue once we get back home!”
“Promises, promises… why do you keep teasing me like that when you’re not going to deliver anyway?”
“Marie… Kid… This isn’t a fucking joke. You could have gotten hurt!”
“I could have. But I didn’t. Isn’t that what matters?”
“I’m going to have to talk to Scott about this.”
“You’re going to tell to daddy that I’ve been a bad girl?”
“Marie! You’re fucking drunk! You were drunk on a mission!”
“Not drunk. Just a bit tipsy. And I wasn’t when I left. I wasn’t drunk when I left home this morning, I only am drunk now because those nice men wanted to have some drinks with me before they gave me the information I was supposed to bring to Xavier.”
“Right. Do you have any fucking idea why they wanted you to drink with them?”
“No? They were polite enough to offer me some? Come on, Logan! I’m not that naïve! They were trying to get me to pass out! But I was better than them. I was better than all of them together!”
“Fuck. You can’t… You can’t run around like a headless chicken! You can’t throw yourself to danger and just keep hoping that somehow you’ll end up back to safety!”
“Why not? You do that all the time.”
“Duh! I do that because I can! Even if something happens I bounce back! You don’t bounce, kid!”
“I do bounce. At least some parts of me. You said it yourself last week, and…”
“Fur fuck’s sake, kid! We’re not talking about your breasts! We’re talking about your life! Unlike your breasts which you have the whopping two pieces you have only one fucking life! And it’s a life I’m not willing to squander just because you were ‘a bit tipsy’!”
“You’re not willing to squander my life? And who the fuck died and made you a god who gets to decide what I do with my life?”
“I died. You live only because I died back at the Liberty. And I’m as sure as hell won’t let you treat the life you got from me like trash!”

She stuck her tongue out before sliding sideways on her seat, fixing her gaze to the scenery that was speeding past at alarming pace. The thing was, that Logan was right. She hated it when he was right. Well, he usually was right, but he usually didn’t rub it in her face like this. And she usually didn’t feel this guilty. He was too right, and she was acting like a spoiled brat instead of the sensible adult everybody expected her to be. Everybody including the professor Xavier who had sent her out to do a simple errand for him, to fetch few files that an old friend of is had sent to him.

She had been bored because it was starting to look like she was doomed for these pick-ups for the rest of her life, unlike other members of the team who got to go to combat as well. She had been bored enough to accept an invitation to a party of sorts. The guys that had been guarding the files she was supposed to retrieve were every bit as bored as she.

Few hours later it had become apparent that the guys had no intentions of letting her leave with the files. They had no intentions of letting her go at all. She had locked herself to the bathroom of the motel room and called to her knight in shining armor that had charged to the scene with the gardener’s olive green pick-up truck, cussing a blue streak and giving the men exactly ten seconds to vacate the room before he got really pissed off.

“I’m sorry. That was a shitty thing to say. I didn’t mean it like you should… I’m not expecting any kind of gratitude or compensation from you. But I do expect that you start respecting yourself, kid. If not for you, do it for me.”
“Hmh?”

The truck stopped. Logan stepped out to the curb and helped her down as well. Then hoisted her up on the hood of the truck crossed his arms over her thighs and let his head rest against them.

“If you’re going to start a new lecture of how I should start behaving, can it wait until we get home? You and professor and Scott can nag my ears off and…”
“I’m not going to give you a lecture, kid. But I want you to listen.”
“Okay…”
“Forget the shit I said about Liberty. Forget it. But remember this. You’re responsible for the both of us. I have no fucking clue of how I’m going to get along and keep going if something happens to you.”
“Logan… Uh…”
“I love you, Marie.”
“Umm… This is awkward…”
“Yeah. But I do love you. I want you to remember that the next time you get an urge to do something extremely stupid. I want you to remember that there’s somebody waiting and worrying over you.”
“But Logan… I don’t… I really like you, but…”
“I love you. That doesn’t mean that I want to marry you. That doesn’t mean that I want you in to my bed. It means that I need you in my life.”
“I…”
“You can call from the bottom of Hell, and I will come to you. Only thing I’m expecting in return from you is to not actively try to get in there in the first place.”