She picked up the phone when it rang, her mind gazillion miles away, still fiddling with the enormous task of grading the drawings of her art class, slightly annoyed from the interruption.
“Mistress Rogue speaking. Sit down, relax and open your pants, I’ll be attending to your case shortly.”
“That an offer, kid? I sure could use good and long fuck right about now…”
“Logan?”
“Well who the fuck else do you know that calls you at three in the morning?”
“Why the hell are you even calling? Your room is right next to mine, you moron!”
“Duh! How long have you been cooped up in to yours? Haven’t been at home the whole fucking day! Scott dragged me with him first thing in the morning, and now the freaking jet broke down in the middle of nowhere and there’s abso-fucking-lutely nothing we can do before Jean gets here with spare parts, which is going to happen sometime tomorrow afternoon.”
“And you called me in the middle of the night because you’re stuck with Scott and you need to get laid?”
“Well… Yeah. I meant to call to Kate, but I guess numbers got mixed up…”
“I have ten more drawings to grade. Do us both a favor. Hung up the phone and call to Kate, okay?”
“You’re no fun… What kind of a friend abandons me in the hour of need?”
“You have been reading my harlequins again, haven’t you?”
“Busted… So, grading drawings, huh?”
“Yeah. Let me tell you… It’s a lot harder than you’d think. They’re all good. All good in some aspects, all suck in some aspects and I know those kids like the backs of my hands. How the hell am I supposed to give fair treatment to them all?”

She could hear leather creaking, Scott talking in the background. Something rustled and suddenly the line went dead.

“Logan?”

There was no answer. She plunked the phone back to the cradle and picked up yet another drawing, trying to focus past the knowledge that the kid who had drawn it had only two fingers and that she had used her toes to hold the pen while drawing it. The phone rang again.

“Logan?”
“Yeah. Line went dead. Shitty reception around here. Those brats giving you trouble?”
“Nothing that I couldn’t handle. But seriously, why don’t you go and find nice and comfortable place away from Scott and call to Kate. I’m sure she’d be more than willing to help you out.”
“Sex on the phone? Kind of pointless if you ask from me.”
“How’s so?”
“Major point of the whole thing’s missing. Can’t feel or smell anything beside myself. Not a big turn-on.”
“Use your imagination! That’s the whole point of it!”
“Okay. I could try… What are you wearing?”
“Satin gown, black lace bra and thong. And silk stockings.”
“Jesus Christ. I think it might actually work.”
“Yeah. Well, I leave you to it, then….”
“Don’t you hang up on me now! You can’t leave me like this!”

She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

“This isn’t fucking happening… You’re kidding me, right?”
“Wait. Just wait up, I’m going outside. I think Scott has already heard enough…”

She heard him walking, soft thuds when he was in the jet, then silent creaking of snow under his boots. Snow. They were somewhere up north.

“I miss you.” His voice was lacking the earlier cockiness. It was a mere whisper. She could hear him inhaling, and she could almost taste the scent of cigar at the back of her throat.
“I wish I could say the same. But I have been so busy that I haven’t really even thought about you,” she admitted guiltily.
“I’m proud of you. Xavier knew what he was doing when he hired you to teach art. Just… Would it be possible for you to let go for a sec? I was thinking that we could go out this weekend.”

She turned her gaze to the pile of drawings on her desk. She really had been neglecting Logan for the past few months. All in favor for her new position as a teacher.

“Look… I wouldn’t ask otherwise, but I really do miss you. And lately you have been looking like you could use a break.”
“Well, thanks a bunch! Let’s see how perky you look after few weeks with these little monsters…”
“That’s not what I meant and you know that, Marie. What’s it going to be? Do we have a date?”

Her eyes landed on the drawings again.

“We have a date.”