”Well… This is nice.”
”Not exactly how I imagined we would be spending this night, but… It’s okay, I guess. Peanuts?”

She took the bag that Logan offered and took out a handful of salted peanuts. This wasn’t her idea of a date. This wasn’t Logan’s idea of a date. This wouldn’t have been anybody’s idea of a date for that matter. The whole mansion out on a fieldtrip for the weekend, and they had managed to get stuck to an elevator on their way to the garage.

“Alarms went off when the car jammed. Summers is probably on his way here already,” Logan grunted, stretching on to the floor, his back propped against the wall.
“Yeah. He’ll be here soon. Just few hours, right?” She sighed, sliding down on the floor opposite Logan, mimicking his stance. Logan shrugged his shoulders.
“Could be few hours. I’m just glad that the lights stayed on…”

“Now it’s official. I forbid you to speak anymore,” she whispered. As soon as Logan had voiced his relief over the fact that lights were still on, they had flickered briefly and then darkness had fallen.
“Aww… Come on. How the hell am I supposed to bore you to death with lame jokes if I can’t speak?”
“I’m sure you’ll figure out something. Aren’t you supposed to be a resourceful guy?” She asked, picking peanuts one by one and flicking them in to her mouth.

They sat in silence for few minutes. She could hear Logan shifting slightly. Then something brushed against her leg.
“Stop that.”
“What?” Logan’s voice came from the darkness, genuinely confused.
“What ever it is that you’re doing. Stop it.”
“Okay…”

Few minutes passed, and there it was again. Something warm brushing briefly against her calf and inner thigh. She swatted it away.
“Very funny, Logan!”
“What!”
“You know very well what! Stop groping!”
“I wasn’t…”
“You were, and it’s not fair! Maybe you can see perfectly fine in the darkness, but I can’t!”
“I see exactly jack shit, and I’m not groping you, kid.”
“What ever. Just stop it and we’re fine.”

Logan harrumphed and she could see in her minds eye him folding his arms over his chest, those hazel eyes turning towards the toes of his boots and his eyebrows knitting together. And there it was again. Something brushing against her, and this time she was sure that it wasn’t Logan. Logan wouldn’t have copped a feel of her crotch in a pitch-black elevator, now would he? She screamed and bolted at her feet, scaring Logan who scrambled up and for a moment it felt like the elevator was filled with detached arms and legs, everything and both of them jumping, flailing and cussing.

“What the fuck is going on?” Logan asked when they finally calmed down enough. She had gotten a firm grip from around him and had used it to her advantage. She was now perching on his shoulders, bumping her head and back against the ceiling, but it was miles better than standing on the floor where that thing, what ever it was, was lurking and creeping.

“There’s somebody in this elevator with us…” She whispered.
“Fuck… I thought you had gotten new perfume…”
“What is it?” She asked. Logan’s shoulders moved slightly when he took in scents that were filling the narrow space around them.
“A snake?” He grunted, dropping on his knees and reaching blindly. His hand came soon up, and she could feel something small and hairy cradled in between her palms.
“This doesn’t feel like snake…”
“It isn’t. I guess it came from the air vent. Be careful, it’s fragile…”

Lights came on, she could hear Scott’s voice from the speakers, but they didn’t matter. What mattered was the spider. Size of Logan’s fist, dark and hairy, curled to a tight ball on her palms.
“Eww… This is one, pervy critter…” She shivered and dropped the spider. Logan scooped it up.
“Pervy?”
“It was trying to get in to my pants earlier.”
“Lucky guy…” Logan chuckled. The elevator shuddered and then started to rise.