”I need your help.” Voice drifted from the speaker, almost desperate whisper. It brought him up from the half slumber he had fallen during the long stretch of silence in front of the radio.
“What is it, kid? Trouble?”
“Kind of… I don’t know what to wear.”
“What to wear?” He asked perplexed trying to remember if this part of her training involved costumes. He thumbed the manual quickly. No. No disguises.
“Uh… This should be a simple get-in-get-out-unnoticed –scenario… There’s nothing about costumes…”
“Tonight, you big ox! My date tonight. I really haven’t had the time to go shopping and I have no clue of what I should wear.”
“Where are you going?” He asked, trying desperately to find a suitable magazine from a pile on the floor. Preferably something with ‘teen’ or ‘mode’ on the cover.
“I don’t know! That’s the whole point! Max told me just that he’d pick me up at nine!”

Max. Decent guy. As soon as Marie had told him about her conquest Logan had gone and searched Max’s background, finding nothing alarming. But this was something else. Etiquette had been breached.

“Asshole doesn’t have the decency to tell you where he’s taking you?” He growled.
“He said it would be a surprise. And I guess he wanted to keep it a secret because last time he told me where we were going you showed up and…”
“Hold on a sec! That was what… Three weeks ago! I didn’t know anything about him. I was just worried about you.”
“I tried to tell him that, but I guess he got kind of ticked off when you kept tailing us for the whole night.”
“Sorry… Wear leather.”
“Huh?”
“Leather. It should go everywhere. Nothing too revealing, but sexy enough if you’re going clubbing.”

He nodded and reached for a beer that unfortunately wasn’t there, but in the kitchen because this training business was serious business. Catastrophe avoided.

“Are you out yet?” He asked, following the blueprint with his gaze. He could hear rapid footsteps, then Marie’s voice came through, out of breath and slightly husky.
“I’m out. But leather won’t do. It’s hot.”
“It’s hot as hell when you’re the one wearing it. So, what’s the problem? I thought you wanted to nail Max.”
“Duh! It’s hot as ‘I’m sweating like a pig and we haven’t left the house yet’ –hot! And I don’t want to ‘nail’ Max!”
“Then what the hell are you going to do with him? Raise a herd of cats and start wool socks based industry?”
“Logan! I should have known that a tomcat like you wouldn’t understand the finer points of…”
“Tomcat? In case you haven’t noticed, I have been living like a freaking monk for the past few months. My morning wood is starting to have morning wood of it’s own.”
“Can’t get laid?”
“Not after Scott decided to order me to a permanent night shift.”
“You know, we girls have dildos, but there’s something for guys, too…”
“Do you have any idea how much people charge for batteries?”
“Cheapskate.”
“Just considerate consumer. And how the fuck we ended up talking about my sex life?”
“Or the lack of it. I have no idea. So, is leather your last choice?”
“First, second and last. You look…”

He dropped the microphone and whirled his chair around when the door behind him slid open and revealed rather dishevelled Marie, wearing skin-tight leather uniform, her hair long ago escaped from the braid and her cheeks flushed.
“You look just edible in leather.”
“Thanks, honey. But that’s not much of a compliment seeing as even Scott manages to look sexy while wearing this get-up…” She muttered, blushing slightly and trying feebly to tuck escaped strands of white and brown hair behind her ears.
“Scott has nothing compared to you. Shit. These pants are really from the tighter side of Sears…” Logan hissed, shifting on the chair slightly.
“Why the hell are you wearing the uniform?”
“Scott’s orders. You know how fucking anal he is about everything. And I was thinking that I could go few rounds in DR once you were through.”
“Few rounds? You sure are frustrated.”
“Just desperate and horny.”
“Oh, in that case… I have the password to Scott’s personal scenarios…”
“You have? You’re serious? …And you’re shitting me. Gee, thanks, kid. Go. Run to Max before I fuck you to the carpet right here and right now…”

He leaned back and listened the echoes of Marie’s giggling as she dashed out.

“Finally…” He grunted and punched in his personal password. Previously barren and cold Danger Room changed to something entirely else. A tropical beach, filled to the brim with women wearing as little as possible.

“Ladies…” He stepped in, wide grin on his face. Started peeling off his uniform. His eyes already fixed to a gorgeous brunette little further down the beach, when the holographic image flickered briefly, then disappeared completely and all there was left was the cold and impersonal Danger Room, and a holographic message from Scott floating in the air.

‘BUSTED!’

"Crap."