”I told you to call to Kitty…”
“Stop whining. I called to Scott because that was the right thing to do. He’s the team leader, it’s his decision.”
“You leave it… Up to Scott to decide… Whether I get out of this easily or painfully? …Are you fucking nuts?”
“I must be. There’s no other explanation to this mess…”

She shifted on the ground, urging Logan to lay his head on her lap. It was raining. Weather was surprisingly cold. And they were stuck. And she wasn’t even supposed to be here.
“I bet Max is currently wondering is it worth it to date a superhero when I have to cancel half of our dates just to bail your ass from the trouble…” She muttered wiping wet strands of hair from Logan’s forehead. Something creaked silently. Metal bending. Logan gasped and grasped her wrist.
“That better not be your legs…” She said. Logan shook his head.
“It’s that fucking girder… It’s coming down…”

He was stuck. Huge girder had fallen on top of him and covered him from the waist down.

“What’s taking him so long!”
“It’s not you who’s stuck. I’m sure Scott’ll be here soon… Call to Max and tell him you’re going to be little late… You can still make it if you take my bike…”
“Are you nuts? I’m not going to leave you here alone!”

Clock was ticking. She checked her watch for the umpteenth time, just to see that Max was probably already sitting at Xavier’s kitchen, waiting for her to get ready for their date. And here she was.

“Shit. Feels like I wet my pants…” She was sitting in a steadily growing puddle of water, trying to keep Logan from drowning.
“I’m making you that hot?” Logan tried to chuckle.
“Yeah. This rain and muck has nothing to do with that.”
“I knew it… Maybe we should do something about that when Scott gets me loose from here…”
“Hmm…”
“Ditch Max… I’ll be good to you, kid…”
“Sure. As soon as we get you loose we’ll ditch Max and Scott, take the Blackbird and fly to Vegas.”
“Vegas? …Have to marry you before I can screw you?”
“I’m an old-fashioned chick. No fling before the ring.”
“Shit… Let’s see… You want diamonds?”
“Of course! The bigger, the better!”
“You wouldn’t settle for plain gold?”
“Nope. And I want big wedding.”
“Big party… In Vegas?”
“Yes. Us, couple of hundred dancers, Elvis-priest… The whole shebang.”
“Shit. I knew there was a catch… We probably should talk about this when I’m able to pay for all that…”
“Chicken.”
“What?”
“Chicken.”
“Easy to mock now… Let’s see after I get up from… Oh, fucking-Christ!”
“Stop struggling. It’ll only come down quicker.”
“Spank you, Einstein. Kind of noticed that...“

She called to Scott again. He was powering up the Blackbird. Logan was making faces during her whole conversation with their leader, and when she turned off the radio he grasped it and flung it away. She could hear it landing somewhere in the darkness with a great splash.

“Are you insane? What if something happens and I need to contact Scott again?” She asked, trying to scramble up. Logan grasped her waist and forced her to stay still.
“There’s a locator inside of that walkie-talkie… He’ll find us… We need to talk.”
“That doesn’t sound good.”
“Oh… Sorry. Well, we need to talk anyway… About Max.”
“Logan, is this really…”
“You have been going out with him… What is it… Almost half a year now?”
“Yes?”
“You’re still just dating… Kid, what the fuck is wrong with you? Max is a good guy… Little pansy, but he’s a good guy…”
“Just dating? I have no time for more, and even if I had, I’d…”
“Bullshit, kid. That’s bullshit and you know that! …Get real or let the poor guy go… You can’t dangle him as you like… He has a life too…”
“What… Logan, it’s none of your business!”
“It’s my business when Max starts calling me in the middle of the night, asking if I’m ever going to let go of his girl! …Fuck…”
“Stop shouting. You’ll only hurt yourself…”
“Will you listen to what I have to say! Shit… Kid, haven’t you learned anything… The way I do things… It’s not how they’re done…”
“I think you have been doing pretty darn good job with me.”
“That’s different… You’re different. But you don’t want to end up like me. You’re not like me… It doesn’t bother me if a chick kicks me out, I can always find a new one… Eventually I’d even have to; I’m not big in to funerals and shit… But you live and get old… get old like Max and everybody else.”
“You think I should marry Max?”
“I don’t fucking care if you marry or not! But stop playing with him!”

For a long moment she sat in silence. She wanted to kick Logan. She wanted to let him drown to the slushy muck surrounding them. She really, truly hated the situations when he was so fucking right and insightful.

“You think I should break up with him?”
“It’s not my decision to make… But the poor guy is already splitting from the seams. Do something.”
“What if… What if I wanted something more serious with him?”
“Wha… Are you asking my permission?”
“No… Yes... I don’t know!”
“When it comes to Max and you, I shouldn’t even be anywhere near that equation, kid… It’s not my place. Not my business.”

She thought about it for a moment.

“I’m scared. Scared of what will happen if I let things get any serious than they are now,” she finally confessed.
“Yeah. You and me both… Chicken shit when it comes to this relationship-crap… But hey, look on the bright side: even if things go sour with Max… I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be there for you, kid.”
“Thanks… I’ll… You know that it works for both ways, right?”
“Yeah… You and me… We stick together…”

“Of course, if you feel like sharing this touching moment with anybody… I’ll deny everything,” Logan said with a crooked grin tugging the corner of his mouth when black and sleek figure of the Blackbird started landing. She leaned lower and placed a kiss on his forehead.
“Nobody would believe me anyway. Okay, brace yourself. We’re going to yank you loose now.”