Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello. It's been quiet. Real life and all, and I'm tired and bored. But things are looking up. So, apologies for the lack of updates in my fics, I hope you enjoy this little tidbit. More later.

Oh, and I'm taking some liberties concerning the functions of a computer in this one.
”Crap… Crap… Complete crap… Uh… Utter crap…”
”Logan? What are you doing with my computer?”
“Oh, hi kid. Scott thought that he should restrict my access to computer after I hacked one of his scenarios in DR. I just came to check my e-mail.”
“E-mail?”
“You have heard of it, right?”
“Yes. I thought you hadn’t. After all, using one would require you to lay down your beer and let go off your dick, since you need both hands to type.”
“I’m not some fucking pansy-ass secretary, don’t have use for that ‘both hands to the keyboard’ –crap, I’ll manage just fine with one hand only… Hey! Stop grinning!”
“Fine… So, what are we looking at?”
“My inbox.”
“Which is currently filled with…”
“Spam.”
“Oh, I thought that was your little black book, since all those mails are from women.”
“You really think that if they really knew me, they’d try to sell me Viagra or… Or… What the fuck is this?”
“Gain 8 inches in just two weeks.”
“I can read, thank you very much… And there it goes.”
“Hey, I was reading that!”
“Stop fucking whining. You probably have same kind of bullshit waiting in your mailbox.”
“Nope. My box is clean and tidy. Ever since Max tinkered a bit with that filter system, almost nothing comes through.”
“Is that so? Let’s see…”
“Logan? How do you know my password?”
“I read your diary?”
“Haha. I don’t have a diary, and even if I had one, I wouldn’t write it there.”
“You talk in your sleep.”
“No, I don’t.”
“Yes, you do. And that’s not all you do in your sleep.”
“Nope. I don’t believe you.”
“Don’t. But you do.”
“Hmph… And see? I have only… What the crap?”
“You have 238 new messages. Either Max has been really missing you and really bored in that conference, or…”
“Move! Let me see!”
“I’m going, I’m going…”

“Seriously, how do you know my password?”
“It was a toss and go between ‘Oh, God!’, ‘Just like that, big guy’ and ‘Max’.”
“What the hell are you jabbering about?”
“You have started to sleep with your window open. Probably the whole fucking town heard how much of a stud your dear Max is.”
“And you knew that ‘Max’ is the password, because…?”
“People are predictable. And I was bored. Went through few combinations before I hit the right one.”
“Well, it’s nice to know that I’m so dull and boring…”
“Heck, kid… We all are when it comes to this stuff. We choose things that mean the most to us, because they’re easy to remember.”
“Really? What’s yours then?”
“Use that brain of yours.”
“No thanks. I have no need to check your mails anyway.”

Logan left. She started to tackle through the avalanche of junk mail. Out of 238 messages two were from Max, one was an old Christmas E-card from Jubilee, and rest of them were utter crap. She moved the Christmas card aside and started to read Max’s messages.

She felt guilty. Both messages were filled with words and phrases of longing, and both ended with Max wishing he was there with her instead of sitting in some stupid conference on an other side of the continent. He really cared, and missed her. And she hadn’t really even thought of him after he left little over week ago. She had been too busy. Busy little bee, working days and drinking with Logan at nights. Speaking of which, she would have to learn to say no to him before her liver grew to the size of Kansas.

She shook her head and deleted Max’s messages. He’d be coming home tomorrow. He’d be coming home, and everything would be normal again. No need to feel guilty and ashamed that you were actually happy for the brief breather you got when he was away.

She was about to turn off the computer, when sudden whim of curiosity struck. She typed in few random phrases and numbers. Nope. Access denied. And why would she even want to know Logan’s password? She tried again, this time by typing her own name, blushing and peering over her shoulder that nobody was watching. It wasn’t the key either. And now she got really curious. She knew Logan used her name as the ‘safe word’ in DR just like she used his, but looked like he wasn’t quite as predictable as she had thought.

An hour later she was still typing, now determined to find the right word. She had already tried everything related to Logan, herself and the mansion. Her finger hovered over the enter-key hesitantly. Liberty. Only one she hadn’t tried yet. She glanced over her shoulder. The doorway behind her was empty. She let out a breath she had been holding and pushed the button.

Instead of dull grey mailbox she had been expecting the word opened the media player.

An hour later she still sat there, stunned. Logan’s taste in music was… Interesting. As was the brief note he had left clearly for her.

‘Just some songs that remind me of you.’

She’d have to talk with him. As soon as she found the courage to do it she’d turn off the computer and go and find him.