“Okay. Talk to me.”
“Jeesh, kid? What the hell are you doing in there? I thought it was Scott’s turn to take care of things tonight.”
“I asked him to change shifts with me. We need to talk. But lets get you out of there first.”
“Okay. I’m… This is the third floor. Left side. First door from the elevators.”
“Uh… There. What the crap are you doing up there? You were supposed to go to the archives to the bottom floor!”
“Change of plans. Archives weren’t there. Took me a while to sniff them out. Talk me out of here now.”
“Can’t sniff back your own tracks?”
“Nope. Too many bodies there. No alarms yet, but will be if you don’t start talking.”
“Okay, okay… Take the elevator to the second floor. There’s a door on your right when you step out of it. Behind that door you’ll find stairs to the back door.”
“What’s behind that door?”
“Uh… How fast can you run?”
“How bad is it?”
“Two auto-targeting machine gun. Electric fence. No dogs.”
“No dogs? Lucky me…”
“Can you make it?”
“You’ll be the first to know, darling. I’m… I’m going to cut off the radio now, okay?”
“Logan, no. It’s against the rules and…”
“I’m cutting off now. I’ll turn it back on as soon as I get out.”

“Fuck!” She huffed and pushed back from the table she had been leaning on, wheels of the office chair whirring silently over the floor. She knew perfectly well why Logan had cut off the connection. He had gotten over his embarrassment and worry over Marie finding that even he could get hurt, so getting possibly shot at wasn’t the reason. He just wasn’t in the mood to talk.
“Tough luck. We are going to talk as soon as you open your link again…” She grunted, wheeled back to the radio and picked up a magazine from the pile on the table, flipping through pages and trying not to look at the clock on the wall more often than once per every two minutes. Ten minutes. She’d give him ten minutes, and if he didn’t open the link as soon as it had been ten minutes, she’d know to call Scott and tell him to prepare for rescue mission.

Minutes passed. Exactly nine minutes and thirty seconds later the radio crackled to life.
“Kid? You still there?”
“You can bet on it, mister. Can you give me a good reason to write in to the log why there’s almost ten minutes full silence in the recording?”
“Uh… I was in dead zone?”
“Nice try.”
“Well, I was… Fuck it. Just tell Scott to screw himself if he starts grilling you…”
“What ever… But I wanted to talk with you.”
“Yeah? What’s it about?”
“It’s about that play list you made.”
“Play list?”
“Songs that remind you of me.”
“Oh… That one.”
“Yeah. You do realize that I’m with Max? I know we’re friends and everything, but I don’t think it would work out between the two of us…”

She fell silent when amused laughter crackled through the speakers.
“What the hell are you laughing about?” She asked annoyed. For the past two days she had been worried as hell, nearly unable to sleep because each and every one of the songs Logan had chosen were truth to be told rather sexually suggestive in nature.
“Sorry… Sorry about that, kid… I didn’t mean to laugh, but… You thought that list was for you?” Logan asked.
“Well… Um… Yeah. I kind of figured it when the password was Liberty and… And… It isn’t for me?”
“Hell, no. I made it a while back, when I was still seeing Cas.”
“Oh…” She was relieved, but couldn’t stop or hide the sudden pang of disappointment in her voice. She knew Logan would be able to pick it up.
“That’s why you have been so fucking antsy lately?” Logan asked.
“Well, duh! ‘I wanna fuck you all night long’ did kind of creep me out.”
“That’s what you get when you go around nosing in to other peoples business…” Logan said and again barked a short laughter. She felt her cheeks reddening.
“Anyway… I don’t need a fucking list of songs to remember you, kid. But if I had a list, I think there would be only one song on that list,” Logan finally said with completely serious tone.
“Really? What is it?” She asked.
“That’s for me to know and you to find out…”
“Not fair! You can’t expect me to just drop this and…”
“Fine. Since you found my password, use that and go through my play lists. There’s one song that has been played quite often. Just… Promise not to freak out again, okay?”
“Can’t you just tell me now and we can get it over with?”
“There’s not that many files in there. And it’s the only with five star rating.”

She left the com centre as soon as Logan affirmed that he was out and on his way home. Her fingers were literally itching to get on to the computer. Before she retreated to her room she however raided the kitchen, taking a cup of tea and some chocolate chip cookies with her.

An hour later she was sitting in front of the computer, still stunned. Tea was already cold, and she had only nibbled on one of the cookies. Chords of ‘I Feel You’ floated in the room.



I Feel You by Depeche Mode

I feel you
Your sun it shines
I feel you
Within my mind
You take me there
You take me where
The kingdom comes
You take me to
And lead me through
Babylon

This is the morning of our love
Its just the dawning of our love

I feel you
Your heart it sings
I feel you
The joy it brings
Where heaven waits
Those golden gates
And back again
You take me to
And lead me through
Oblivion

This is the morning of our love
Its just the dawning of our love

I feel you
Your precious soul
And I am whole
I feel you
Your rising sun
My kingdom comes

I feel you
Each move you make
I feel you
Each breath you take
Where angels sing
And spread their wings
My loves on high
You take me home
To glorys throne
By and by

This is the morning of our love
Its just the dawning of our love