Author's Chapter Notes:
Logie took the liking to Bonnie Tyler. Don't ask. It wasn't pretty. Lyrics our heroes are quite liberally borrowing are taken from "Holding Out For A Hero" by Bonnie Tyler.
I’m holding out for a hero…
“Goddamned, kid. Keep your pants on, I’ll be there as soon as Scott comes and takes over the radio.”
“It’s a song, you moron.”
“Well, I’m fast. I’m strong. Some have claimed me to be larger than life.”
“So they all say. Haven’t met one who would have had realistic idea of his own measurements.”
“Do you want me to pick you up or do you prefer walking?”
I need a hero…
“Jesus H. Christ. When will you learn that it’s not a good idea t go clubbing with Jubilee?”
“Never. She’s my friend and since she moved out from the mansion I hardly ever see her!”
“Is that why she ditched you over some gigolo?”
“She didn’t ditch me. She asked if it was okay, if she could leave with that guy.”
“And you said yes, because?”
“Because I need a hero, he’s gotta be strong and he’s gotta be fast and he’s gotta be fresh from the fight!
“Will Scott do? He was in the DR when I called him…”
“Logan! No!”
“Fine… Oh, there he is. I’m going to hang up now. Sit tight. I’ll be there in a minute.”

Logan rose from the chair letting Scott take his place and told him that he’d be back as soon as he got certain little miss helpless back home. He closed the door before he could hear Scott answer. Lately everybody had started throwing around the idea that he was somehow involved with Marie after all.

He grabbed a bottle of soda from the fridge on his way to the garage. Then at the door of the garage turned back and grabbed another bottle of soda. He wasn’t going to wait in line at some greasy burger palace at two in the Saturday morning just so that Marie could quench her thirst.

His cell phone rang when he was steering the car out from the garage.

“I’m on my way, kid.”
“Good. I need some backup ASAP.”
“Huh?”
“There’s this huge gorilla who refuses to let me in.”
“Marie… That nice man is the bouncer. It’s not a good idea to call him a gorilla. And he probably thinks you’re too drunk. And weren’t you coming home anyway?”
“Home? Uh… Weren’t you coming out here?”
“I’m on my way. But I’m just going to pick you up and drive you home.”
“But I thought…”
“No buts. Now give your phone to that nice gorilla, would you?”
“Why would I give my phone to some overgrown ape?”
“You should give your phone to that bouncer so that I can tell him to keep an eye on you until I get there.”

He heard a noise that was something between fart and a buzz.

“Did you just stuck your tongue out at the phone?”
“Yeah. Shows to you what I think about your idea of fun.”
“You called to me less than fifteen minutes ago and asked me to come and get you. Stuck that tongue back in to your mouth and I don’t have to spank you when I get there.”
“Promises, promises… Oh, there’s this nice fetish-club just around the corner. What if we stopped by? You could live up to those promises for once.”
“We’re not going in to any fetish-clubs tonight. I’m going to come and get you, and we’re going back home and… Marie? What the fuck is that noise?”
“What noise?”
“What’s happening in there?”
“Oh, you mean that screaming? Don’t worry, it’s the band. I just got in.”
“I’m not talking about the music. Why I can hear chains rattling at the background?”
“I’m at the fetish-club. Come and get me.”
“Marie? Marie? Don’t you hang up that phone, kid. I swear I’ll…”

He threw his cell phone to the passenger’s seat, letting out a string of colorful curses. He wasn’t born yesterday. He had seen the world. He had been in many places. He had explored and experienced many things. But to fetishes he drew the line. Kid was on her own.

He pulled to the side of the road and killed the engine. Was he really going to abandon her now? Just because he balked the idea of… Idea of people dressing weird and people who liked to get spanked? Wasn’t that what went on in those clubs? He wasn’t entirely sure. But he knew that he wasn’t so thrilled of the prospect of finding it out either. On the other hand, Marie was there alone. Magneto was out of jail. Mystique? God only knew where that blue bitch was. And Sabretooth…
“Fuck. I’ll wring her fucking neck for this…” He huffed. Turned on the engine and started steering in the traffic towards the club’s entrance.